What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cows game

That's your perspective. Tigers got rorted by a poor ref decision given that Benji's pass was definitely not forward. Graham's pass was definitely foward for Vaughn. Ironically it was our SOO players who were our best. To give it a go in the last 10 -15 minutes doesn't cut it with me. What ever blows your hair back I guess.

Yeah, that's the point right there, I'd much rather they came out breathing fire and faded out of games, at least then you know they are up for the fight

Drag Queen

Bench
Yeah, that's the point right there, I'd much rather they came out breathing fire and faded out of games, at least then you know they are up for the fight
Left it too late BGB. I've no doubt the capable coaches will be all over this. I'm relying on Graham to steer the team in the right direction. Problem is he doesn't get enough game time, but he sure as hell can have a few words in the player's ears. I hope they listen.

dragon-83

Juniors
My team for this week

1 Dufty
2 Herbert
3 Aitken
4 Lafai
5 Pereira
6 Widdop
7 Hunt
8 kerr
9 McCinnis
10 Ah Mau
11 Sims
12 Frizell
13 Sele
14 Leilua
15 Latimore
16 Ford
17 Robson

Yes lots of players rested

Bench
I have a lot of respect for LAM but I think he is a better prospect off the bench. I thought his game starting the game was not as affective coming off the bench.

Crush

Coach
Only change that I would make would be Herbert for Macdonald if injured. If Macdonald isn't injured then Herbert in for Nightingale.

Simon

Juniors
My team for this week

1 Dufty
2 Herbert
3 Aitken
4 Lafai
5 Pereira
6 Widdop
7 Hunt
8 kerr
9 McCinnis
10 Ah Mau
11 Sims
12 Frizell
13 Sele
14 Leilua
15 Latimore
16 Ford
17 Robson

Yes lots of players rested

Kerr? Not sure how you put him in your team. He didn’t even play this week in ISP (assuming he’s injured, but from the games I’ve seen he’s well behind Lawrie and Algood).

I find it amazing that everyone is second guessing the performance staff at the club. They’re all paid professionals and would know more about each players work loads than any of us. I think Mary is right to listen to their advice and if they say the players are good to play, you have to back in the experts. I bet we all do that in our day to day jobs. Besides all this, I thought Vaughan and Frizell were our best players yesterday. Our origin players weren’t the reason we lost.

getsmarty

Immortal
preview-pic_round-19_cowboys-v-dragons.jpg

MATCH PREVIEW

Round 19 preview: Cowboys v Dragons
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Tue 17 Jul 2018, 09:01 AM

A massive danger game for the Dragons after their ordinary performance in last week's shock home loss to the Wests Tigers.

It's hard to put a finger on exactly why the Dragons aren't humming along as smoothly as they were in the first half of the season but last week showed they might be having a few late-season wobbles.

Maybe they peaked too early, maybe it's the rigours of the Origin period or maybe the competition has simply caught up. Whatever it is, the Dragons need to re-focus and re-energise or will soon find themselves out of the top four.

The Cowboys were right in the game last week against Canberra but it became obvious one team had more to play for over the final 20 minutes and the Raiders ran away with it.

If they can put it together for 80 minutes this is a very winnable game for the Cows.

Buy Tickets
Key match-up: If the Dragons boast the best back-row in the NRL, the Cowboys don't rank far behind - at least on paper. The Cows haven't got the wins this season but back-rowers Gavin Cooper, Jason Taumalolo and Coen Hess should be relishing their clash with NSW Origin trio Tyson Frizell, Tariq Sims and Jack de Belin.

For the Cowboys to win: Johnathan Thurston is a student of the game and will let his teammates know the Dragons aren't playing like a top-four team and might be starting to second-guess themselves. The Cows must have one killer 80-minute performance in them this season. This could be the week.

For the Dragons to win: They're not playing badly but they're not playing well, and that's not going to cut it at this end of the season. They know they have all the tools and a formula for success, but the Dragons need to rediscover the ruthlessness that had many pundits thinking they were a lock for the minor premiership.

And another thing: Offensive execution will be a major focus for both teams after poor handling and carelessness contributed largely to their respective losses last week. The Cowboys completed 25/35 against the Raiders, while the Dragons were worse with just 23/35 (66 per cent). That was a big drop on the previous week's 28/31 (90 per cent) against Melbourne.

North Queensland Cowboys v St George Illawarra Dragons, Saturday 7.35pm at 1300Smiles Stadium

Head-to-head: Played 29; Cowboys 15 wins, Dragons 14 wins
Previous result: Dragons won 28-22 at WIN Stadium in round 7, 2017
Points per game: Cowboys 16.2; Dragons 24.5
Points conceded per game: Cowboys 21.4; Dragons 18
Televised: Live on Fox League

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/07/17/round-19-preview-cowboys-v-dragons/

WoyD4LWoy

Juniors
Kerr? Not sure how you put him in your team. He didn’t even play this week in ISP (assuming he’s injured, but from the games I’ve seen he’s well behind Lawrie and Algood).

I find it amazing that everyone is second guessing the performance staff at the club. They’re all paid professionals and would know more about each players work loads than any of us. I think Mary is right to listen to their advice and if they say the players are good to play, you have to back in the experts. I bet we all do that in our day to day jobs. Besides all this, I thought Vaughan and Frizell were our best players yesterday. Our origin players weren’t the reason we lost.
Kerr is injured :thumbsup:

2010Dragons

Bench
Cowboys are hopeless this year, we will win this by 30+

Right, that's us done, who we got the next week.

Seriously, I was at the tigers game.
More than half the team were just going through the motions while warming up ( 2 metres in front of me) then played 69 minutes of bumbling, stumbling footy.

Hunt drops the ball from a easy pass from Vaughan, try line open. Turnover of ball.
Sims
bad play the ball in front of the tigers goal line. Turnover of ball.
Mann
drops the ball from easy high ball catch. Turnover of ball.
Widdop
summersault hail mary flick pass through the legs to no one, could have soccer the ball to the line. Turnover of ball.
Nightingale kicks the ball on 4th tackle...WTF... while we are attacking the tigers line. Turnover of ball.
Dufty
on the last play of the game decided to run it, instead of kicking the ball towards the tigers line, he throws a hail mary pass inside hoping a support player will pick up the ball. Turnover of ball.

We will be lucky to beat the Cowboys !!!

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
More than half the team in the Tigers game were just going through the motions while warming up ( 2 metres in front of me) then played 69 minutes of bumbling, stumbling footy.

Hunt drops the ball from a easy pass from Vaughan, try line open. Turnover of ball.
Sims bad play the ball in front of the tigers goal line. Turnover of ball.
Mann drops balls the ball from easy high ball catch. Turnover of ball.
Nightingale kicks the ball on 4th tackle...WTF... while we are attacking the tigers line. Turnover of ball.
Dufty on the last play of the game decided to run it, instead of kicking the ball towards the tigers line, he throws a hail mary pass inside hoping a support player will pick up the ball. Turnover of ball.

Mate we couldn't beat the tigers at home , we haven't beaten the Cowboys up there for a long time , so I will be very very surprised if we get away with a win.....

saintzrule

Juniors
More than half the team were just going through the motions while warming up ( 2 metres in front of me) then played 69 minutes of bumbling, stumbling footy.

Sims bad play the ball in front of the tigers goal line. Turnover of ball.
Mann drops balls the ball from easy high ball catch. Turnover of ball.
Dufty on the last play of the game decided to run it, instead of kicking the ball towards the tigers line, he throws a hail mary pass inside hoping a support player will pick up the ball. Turnover of ball.

And Widdops hail mary somersault flip rather than soccering it like against Canberra.

getsmarty

Immortal
teamlist_round19_newstile.jpg

TEAM LISTS

NRL team: Round 19 v Cowboys
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 17 Jul 2018, 04:00 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has named his mandatory 21-man squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 19 clash against the North Queensland Cowboys at 1300Smiles Stadium, Townsville.

Nene Macdonald (foot) has been named to play the Cowboys, although the severity of his injury is yet to be fully determined. Patrick Herbert and Jordan Pereira's berths in the reserves list could lead to potential NRL debuts.

The team is unchanged otherwise, as the Dragons look to arrest a two-game losing run up north.

NRL squad for Round 19 v North Queensland:

1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by Illawarra Mercury/St George & Sutherland Shire Leader
2. Nene Macdonald – sponsored by Relativity in the Loop
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
4. Tim Lafai – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
5. Jason Nightingale– sponsored by SMAI
6. Gareth Widdop (c) – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
7. Ben Hunt– sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
8. James Graham – sponsored by EFEX
9. Cameron McInnes – sponsored by Floormania
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by My Muscle Chef
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Val Morgan
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. Jack de Belin – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski

Interchange:
14. Jeremy Latimore – sponsored by Addbuild Additions
15. Kurt Mann – sponsored by Wollongong Diagnostics
16. Leeson Ah Mau – sponsored by Westfund
17. Luciano Leilua – sponsored by Domus Lighting
18. Patrick Herbert
19. Blake Lawrie
20. Jai Field
21. Jordan Pereira

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/07/17/nrl-team-round-19-v-cowboys/

SBD82

Coach
teamlist_round19_newstile.jpg

TEAM LISTS

NRL team: Round 19 v Cowboys
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 17 Jul 2018, 04:00 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has named his mandatory 21-man squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 19 clash against the North Queensland Cowboys at 1300Smiles Stadium, Townsville.

Nene Macdonald (foot) has been named to play the Cowboys, although the severity of his injury is yet to be fully determined. Patrick Herbert and Jordan Pereira's berths in the reserves list could lead to potential NRL debuts.

The team is unchanged otherwise, as the Dragons look to arrest a two-game losing run up north.

NRL squad for Round 19 v North Queensland:

1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by Illawarra Mercury/St George & Sutherland Shire Leader
2. Nene Macdonald – sponsored by Relativity in the Loop
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
4. Tim Lafai – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
5. Jason Nightingale– sponsored by SMAI
6. Gareth Widdop (c) – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
7. Ben Hunt– sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
8. James Graham – sponsored by EFEX
9. Cameron McInnes – sponsored by Floormania
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by My Muscle Chef
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Val Morgan
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. Jack de Belin – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski

Interchange:
14. Jeremy Latimore – sponsored by Addbuild Additions
15. Kurt Mann – sponsored by Wollongong Diagnostics
16. Leeson Ah Mau – sponsored by Westfund
17. Luciano Leilua – sponsored by Domus Lighting
18. Patrick Herbert
19. Blake Lawrie
20. Jai Field
21. Jordan Pereira

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/07/17/nrl-team-round-19-v-cowboys/
Ctrl + C