What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Wing-Broncos

Y2Eel

First Grade
could be a good pickup as a halfback didnt he play there in 2002 when the roosters won the comp??

Leagueguy

Juniors
Don't know if he'd be a good fit for the Broncos. We'll probably have Ennis playing hooker next year who is quite creative and then Berrigan as our utility player. Unless Wing played halfback I don't know if he'd help us that much. How do people rate him as a halfback though?

mxlegend99

Referee
Jeez he does well for having rumours circulate about him when he is under contract.

I would love Panthers to sign him... but realistically, Roosters would be crazy to release him. Having let Finch go... they're likely to need Wing in the future.

OVP

Coach
Put it this way ... if he does go to the Bonkos, they'd need to pay him as much as he's getting now (ALOT) PLUS pay out his Foxtel contract. Buckleys.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
But seriously as if any club wouldn't want a guy with his ability.

He's been very average in 2006 - can't deny that but he is quality.

I'd be moving mountains to get him if i was a CEO or a coach. He's the kind of player as rare as spun gold... (assuming of course spun gold is rare and/or valuable)

OVP

Coach
Prodigiousman said:
But seriously as if any club wouldn't want a guy with his ability.

He's been very average in 2006 - can't deny that but he is quality.

I'd be moving mountains to get him if i was a CEO or a coach. He's the kind of player as rare as spun gold... (assuming of course spun gold is rare and/or valuable)

Couldnt agree more. But would you believe there are alot of Roosters fans who hope he leaves ? Those idiots wouldnt know crap from clay, quite frankly.

I think Penrith would be a better bet with Campbell leaving to go to the Titans next year. The Broncos don't have any great options at halfback so I guess some journos just put 2 and 2 together.

sydraider

First Grade
He will sign with the broncs, hoping to be tutelidged under wayne bennet, whom will get the sack, thus leaving a clause in hi contract which will make him a raider in 08 :lol:

sydraider said:
He will sign with the broncs, hoping to be tutelidged under wayne bennet, whom will get the sack, thus leaving a clause in hi contract which will make him a raider in 08 :lol:

Do you want to bet that he doesn't sign with the Broncos ?

How about a change of signature for a week or two ?

Chook

First Grade
Craig Wing has been very, very average for two years. Probably due to our coach’s vehement belief in one useless halfback, but as an individual Wing has been extremely sporadic with his form and impact on games.

Whilst I’d hate to see him leave and regain his form at another club, I’m not prepared to sit back and take the crap that he’s dished up for the past 2 years.

He’s now a senior player and should be taking more a leadership role and showing far more professionalism, attitude and commitment to the cause.

Chook.

Kilkenny

Coach
Chook said:
Craig Wing has been very, very average for two years. Probably due to our coach’s vehement belief in one useless halfback, but as an individual Wing has been extremely sporadic with his form and impact on games.

Whilst I’d hate to see him leave and regain his form at another club, I’m not prepared to sit back and take the crap that he’s dished up for the past 2 years.

He’s now a senior player and should be taking more a leadership role and showing far more professionalism, attitude and commitment to the cause.

Chook.

Wing is a victim of some highly questionable coaching from one Ricky Stuart.

Not the only player to suffer mind you.

yobbo84

Coach
Craig Wing is a 5/8, and a bloody good one at that. He used to be quick, agile, strong and had a mean step on him. Plus he can defend.

He then went to the chooks and slowly became moulded into a hooker - a position he's only done well in because a bloke with his ability would play well just about anywhere. Mind you he first made Australia after playing HB. The Chooks can thank the Aussie Stadium goal post for winning them their first comp in 27 years, because if Paul Green was fit, they would've had buckleys!!

Had he played in the halves his entire career he'd be lauded up there with Darren Lockyer IMO. It's an aweful shame. I'll never forget the season he had for us in 1999 - the media were dead-set wetting themselves much like they are over Inglis now or Benji before him...

Latest posts