What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Credit to our new CEO

Vic Mackey

Referee
i think alot of credit has to go to our new CEO Stephen Humpries for what has happened this off season.

He has only been at the place for a number of weeks but already he has:

* Given us two more REAL home games (something he promised he would do)

* Signed an international front rower (no more of this small back rowers playing prop rubbish)

* Signed a dual international and one of the most talked about Australian sportsmen

this is a step up from steve 'whoring out home games and upgrading supercoachs contract after missing the finals for 5 of the 6 years his been here' noyce. we've all seen whats gone at the roosters since his been there.

Humpries has a good business background and came here with a great reputation. I don't think he seems like the kind of bloke who stand for mediocrity or put up with Sheens's crap (however go about it in a better way then Longmuir did)

I was hesitant to renew my season ticket after 2009, however I will be sending it off today. This offseason has been by far the most positive in the history of the Wests Tigers. For the first time in a long time I have confidence that the club is stepping in the right direction.

RoMo

Juniors
Well said ... but then when you employ people from the Balmain area with corporate expertise rather than a westie bogan from narellan who'd run a few chook raffles and did a bit for the greyhounds (or was it the trots) these things are to be expected.

And spot on about the whoring of games out. This is another Campbelltown trait where often things are whored for a pack of winnie reds

stompin

Juniors
i think alot of credit has to go to our new CEO Stephen Humpries for what has happened this off season.

He has only been at the place for a number of weeks but already he has:

* Given us two more REAL home games (something he promised he would do)

* Signed an international front rower (no more of this small back rowers playing prop rubbish)

* Signed a dual international and one of the most talked about Australian sportsmen

this is a step up from steve 'whoring out home games and upgrading supercoachs contract after missing the finals for 5 of the 6 years his been here' noyce. we've all seen whats gone at the roosters since his been there.

Humpries has a good business background and came here with a great reputation. I don't think he seems like the kind of bloke who stand for mediocrity or put up with Sheens's crap (however go about it in a better way then Longmuir did)

I was hesitant to renew my season ticket after 2009, however I will be sending it off today. This offseason has been by far the most positive in the history of the Wests Tigers. For the first time in a long time I have confidence that the club is stepping in the right direction.

Here Here.

It seems to me that the two clubs (Wests and Parra) that have recruited new CEO's with good backgrounds in corporate management are reaping the rewards.

It also highlights the critical role that CEO plays. I think Humphries has been a god send.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Well said ... but then when you employ people from the Balmain area with corporate expertise rather than a westie bogan from narellan who'd run a few chook raffles and did a bit for the greyhounds (or was it the trots) these things are to be expected.

And spot on about the whoring of games out. This is another Campbelltown trait where often things are whored for a pack of winnie reds

Immaterial of where he has come from, the professionalism and change presented in the new regime of CEO Humphreys vs sloppiness, bad contracts and nepotism encouraged under Noyce is marked. I'm glad WT let Noyce go. A very nice present to the Roosters I think.

RoMo

Juniors
And which side of the JV did Noyce come from
Look at it like this from an admin point of view
Wests have supplied us Noyce and Ronald Mac ... 2 of the major reasons we were in the f**ked position we have been since the GF
Balmain have given us Humphreys and Benny Elias. Benny negotiated the 3rd party deals that have gotten Tuqiri over the line and Humphreys is returning more games to the grounds that Noyce took games away from.
Let's be honest if someone was successful at enterprise they wouldn't be running chook raffles and living in an area like Campbelltown would they, an area where enterprise is turning methadone into smack

westie

Bench
How can you bag McDonnell anytime you don't like a signing and the credit the CEO anytime you do? Lunacy.

Ellis, Flanagan, Cayless etc are all clearly McDonnell's signings and were on the cards or signed well before Johnny-come-lately had turned up as a figure-head. Sure there's some dumb as f**k outside back signings - consistent with Sheens' policies since he arrived here.

But wrapping a guy who has barely been hands on and will simply tow the line is boardering on ridiculous. When we starts bringing in some sponsorship, as surely he should be able to, then we'll talk him up - and rightly so. At the moment, he's still living off niff-nuff-noyce's work there.

Vic Mackey

Referee
At the moment, he's still living off niff-nuff-noyce's work there.

what the f*ck?

noyce took home games AWAY! one year we had 5 home grounds! humpryies has given us the games back to our traditional home grounds. PLEASE TELL ME HOW HE IS LIVING OFF NOYCE'S WORK?

noyce promised us we would become 'the Manchester United of the NRL' and delievered nothing but crap. then left us to 'spend more time with his family' only to announce he was joining the roosters the say our season finished up. not before he resigned supercoach to a 2 year deal mind you.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
And which side of the JV did Noyce come from
Look at it like this from an admin point of view
Wests have supplied us Noyce and Ronald Mac ... 2 of the major reasons we were in the f**ked position we have been since the GF
Balmain have given us Humphreys and Benny Elias. Benny negotiated the 3rd party deals that have gotten Tuqiri over the line and Humphreys is returning more games to the grounds that Noyce took games away from.
Let's be honest if someone was successful at enterprise they wouldn't be running chook raffles and living in an area like Campbelltown would they, an area where enterprise is turning methadone into smack

RoMO I"m going to bite just a little bit and remind you that Western Suburbs Magpies are HQ'ed in Ashfield in Sydney's Inner West adjacent to Balmain's territory. Yes, we also have an equal partnership with the Campbelltown Wests so it is a bit confusing for me too.....

My heart lies with Wests Ashfield and the Magpies (I grew up in Croydon) but I recognise that we are a joint venture now and there is no point bringing up the us vs them. I am grateful the joint venture seems to have got its act together and are providing some professionalism at the helm. I dont care where the person was recruited from, or came from in the JV, as long as they can do a good job for the JV club. That is what they are supposed to do at that level - not Balmain, not Wests Ashfield, not Wests Campbelltown.

RoMo

Juniors
Again correct Vic. Noyce f**ked the club royally on all fronts. From the renewal of the coach's contract, to the 27 home grounds (Leichhardt, campbelltown, telstra/anz, jade, central coast, SCG, SFS) to the backloaded contracts of f**king sh*t like Corey Payne that saw him earn 350k last season ($1,000 per metre gained).

I am just surprised Westie didn't also mention how Warren Mac snared Ben Reynolds from the jaws of all and sundry

westie

Bench
what the f*ck?

noyce took home games AWAY! one year we had 5 home grounds! humpryies has given us the games back to our traditional home grounds. PLEASE TELL ME HOW HE IS LIVING OFF NOYCE'S WORK?

noyce promised us we would become 'the Manchester United of the NRL' and delievered nothing but crap. then left us to 'spend more time with his family' only to announce he was joining the roosters the say our season finished up. not before he resigned supercoach to a 2 year deal mind you.

Thought it was obvious I was talking about the Proton deal. Sorry.

Our traditional grounds... well, if you want tradition, go watch Balmain play in the SG ball or whatever their top team is now.

Noyce was sh*te, but at least he didn't throw away 200k to take us back to the dirtbowls.

RoMo

Juniors
Magpies forever - Noyce f**ked the club with backloaded deals, renewing the contract of an underperforming coach, having us travel like gypsies every week. All were to the detriment of the club and the team. Noyce was an out and out wests man. I am simply saying it has taken 2 Balmain blokes to right the f**k ups of the wests dinosaurs like Noyce and Warren Mac

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree in part with westie.

How can you praise this CEO?

He's approved the signing of Tuqiri instead of signing another prop. We need a prop more than we need an old slow, almost ready to retire, overpaid, rugby union hack.

Worst of all, signing Tuqiri means one of our talented juniors will be kept back in lower grades longer than they should, and will probably go and play elsewhere.

And how can you praise him for the Tuqiri and Cayless signings, yet fail to be critical for letting Tagive and Collis go in return for Brown and Daniella. That in my opinion is worse than the signings made.

RoMo

Juniors
Westie .. how much does missing the semis because we resign incompetent coaches and try to make the finals playing 6 proper home games ?? Have a guesstimate you f**king clown

westie

Bench
Westie .. how much does missing the semis because we resign incompetent coaches and try to make the finals playing 6 proper home games ?? Have a guesstimate you f**king clown

Right HoMo. Tell me where I've supported the old admin. Hop to it.

N.C.

Juniors
We're going to guarantee ourselves a finals spot because we've got a few more home games now?

baddog

Juniors
geez some people have sh*t for brains

the wests side of the jv have been against noyce from the start. they saw how crap he was in the 90's and didn't want him. that one was a balmain/campbelltown idea. it even eventually made the papers about hammonds view so you can't say it wasn't well known. wests were also the ones who supported longmuir against sheens as longmuir had built up the clubs sponsorship revenue in the same years that tom kept missing the finals.

wests also don't want a bar of mcdonnell and he is only being supported by balmain/campbelltown. if it was up to the magpies he'd be long gone.

so instead of making up crap and blowing wind up the arse of a guy who's only been in the place for 10minutes maybe you might like to ask the business geniuses at balmain why they kept supporting noyce and why they keep letting sheens, mcdonnell and the gang think accountability is something that only happens to other people.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Magpies forever - Noyce f**ked the club with backloaded deals, renewing the contract of an underperforming coach, having us travel like gypsies every week. All were to the detriment of the club and the team. Noyce was an out and out wests man. I am simply saying it has taken 2 Balmain blokes to right the f**k ups of the wests dinosaurs like Noyce and Warren Mac

Fair enough- I'm certainly not protecting the memory of Noyce whilst at WT. Too many screw ups under his watch. As I said before I'm glad Roosters have him. McDonnell- dunno, certainly doesnt seem to have a magic touch for getting signatures on contracts. But how much leeway did / does he have with Sheens requests and available money from the WT Board. Sure dont think McDonnell is indispensible to the club.