What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CRICKET 2004 IS HERE

ak47

Juniors
has anyone had the chance to play it?

if so............how does it go, compared to the last cricket, and have HB studios stuffed up like rugby 2004?

kizzsc

Juniors
hey
yeh i got the cricket game last friday
its heaps good graphics have improved,players
height included,confidence meter is good, shot playing
is excellent but u need alot of practice to time the shot good.

there is only 2 bad things in a test match most shots go for four cauz the outfeild is heaps fast, and im pretty sure they dont track ur stats over every match cauz i cant find it anywhere if they do. the only stats they have are like quickest 50,quickets 100 etc

ak47

Juniors
all i want to know is

graphically - it is much better
smoothness - pls tell me its not as jerky
game modes - are there more
fielding - can you actually field, like in basball games
batting - does the ball go exactly where your analog points
ball contact - does the ball actually come off the bat true - can you graphically see nicks

if it only a little better than 2002 i wont buy it
does it have all the TV technology like eagle cam, slow mo replays, snicker meter,

Rustay

Juniors
I know there are more game modes, like state games etc but i wanna know if the gameplay is better before i buy it. So far ive heard people say its alot better and not much better so i am confused at the moment. :?

S2H

Juniors
Can Fast bowlers find the edge. In cricket 2002 caught behinds were almost impossible to get.

mikeyboy

Juniors
Try looking at the gamefaqs board or the cricketweb.net forum. Not much there but the few opinions there are suggest that it's a pretty good game and way better than 2002

The one big thing that it needed was for the quicks to be able to bowl something other than just gun barrell straight...every international fast bowler swings it or bowls a decent off cutter at least with no change of pace...2002 was a nightmare...hours of fast bowlers just going straight up and down, then a nice slow leg cutter which could be picked straight away.

It was rare for an innings to go by without at least 3 tons in it, even McGrath picked up 50's for me

EWS

Juniors
Well I havent got the game yet, but the previews say that fast bowlers can swing the ball.

umosay

Juniors
hahaah i think we have a Negative on that EWS, fast bowlers can't swing and medium pacers can only swing a lil'bit, pretty bad i reckon, shane bond gets huge swing, its his main weapon but no they still cant swing in this game... bowlers run in soooo slow and jolty

EWS

Juniors
Well Im goin to sue about 10000 people for flase advertising because it has been said a million times. Im still going to get the game no matter what, but I probably wont play it for ages after my first game due to Rugby league.

zaibatsu

Juniors
umosay seems to be a lil drugged?
cricket 2004 is a HUGE and i mean HUGE improvement on cricket 2002, the graphics (on high end pc) are exceptionally better, it feels much more 3d, and with the first person batting view u feel like ur really in the game. the gameplay is greatly improved, no more can u consistantly bowl yorkers to get wickets and no more will the wicket keeper stand there beside a ball and wait 30mins for a fielder to come and get it :).
the animations are hugely improved, everything looks much more smoother and realistic than 2002 and for once all the team kits are up to date. as for the features, theres now 75 stadiums (although ive only seen 61, the rest must be unlockable) and best of all u can play the ING & PURA cups and the english county championships without the need of a patch as there is some 69 teams in the game, even australia a & county xi teams :)! anyway its a great game and a great improvement in the series, the AI is beautiful, they will adjust their run chase and run setting performances to suit the situation. and the game isnt too easy like 2002, u cant just walk out and smash 20runs an over anymore (unless u playing on easy...), the scores come out very realistic and overall i reckon its a 400000000% improvement on cricket 2002 which we would all agree fell way below the mark.

sharkboy

Juniors
I'm wanting to buy another sport game (ps2) and wondered what people would suggest as the best sport game to get?...i was thinkin cricket 2004, but im not sure...and I've allready got league :D ...thanks

Rustay

Juniors
Cheers zaibatsu that sounds great. I want to get this game, but i will wait a bit longer now because i just bought rugby league today. But it does sound like a big improvement and im glad the big improvement is in the gameplay.

mikeyboy

Juniors
Pinched from another forum

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
don't mean to sound repetitive but...

DO THE QUICK BOWLERS MOVE THE BALL AT ALL??

thank you for your understanding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick bowlers do move the ball, on green wickets the ball can move a fair way making it very very difficult to play your shots...
All bowlers have a rating on how much they swing/Seam/Spin the ball they also have ratings on how they bowl to left and right handers, how effective their slower ball is and how much accuracy/Stamina they have...

EWS

Juniors
Just as the previews said.... so maybe umosay always plays on dusty piches on boiling hot days...