What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
https://www.news.com.au/sport/crick...e/news-story/587d400db03c47913f129ef1e3b09107

Oh, Oh, Oh … O’Brien.

Irish cricketer Kevin O’Brien steered his Leinster Lightning to a convincing victory in the Inter-Provincial Series on Thursday, but not without bizarrely damaging his car in the process.

After the T20 match was reduced to 12 overs-a-side due to weather, O’Brien smashed 82 from 37 balls in a blistering assault. The 36-year-old cracked eight sixes and three boundaries during the Man of the Match performance at Pembroke Cricket Club in Dublin, steering his side to 124/4.

However, one of O’Brien’s monster sixes unfortunately landed in the adjacent car park and smashed the windscreen of his own car.

O’Brien later posted to Twitter: “I’ll park further away next time.”

The Leinster Lightning went on to win the match by 24 runs on DLS method, with spin bowler Simi Singh claiming 3/11 in the second innings.

O’Brien has played 148 ODI matches and 96 T20s during his stellar international career, which includes four centuries.

The right-hander famously steered Ireland to a historic victory over England during the 2011 Cricket World Cup in India, pummelling 113 from 63 balls. It remains the fastest World Cup century in history.

undertaker

Coach
I never knew they were both in the commentary for the series, I was led to believe they avoided being in the box together, just like the 99 World Cup, so that video sums up the tension between the two in that game. Ian refuses to acknowledge comments from Botham. That was interesting to watch, particularly when S Waugh got his 50 and went on to make a ton.

Cheers for that.

If anyone has read Bothams book he goes into full detail with the incident with Abe Chaps.

Found footage of the interview with Botham/Chappelli before the 1998/99 Ashes (watch from 27:20 onwards):

undertaker

Coach
LOL Chappelli hands in pockets

When asked if they will have a drink together after the commentary

Chappelli said “I won’t be”

Beefy “maybe a glass of wine” lol

LOL! Yeah, the body language says it all in that interview. And even funnier seeing Chappelli in cricket whites at the end (was hoping Beefy was going to bowl a couple of overs at him).

But with Ch9 being the ratings whore they are (no surprise there), it was too good of an opportunity to pass up having both Beefy and Chappelli together on camera, as well as in the commentary box during the same 30 minute stint (such as what I posted earlier, when Steve Waugh had just passed 50 runs in the first innings).

Chappelli must've been on the bottle before doing this segment around 2012 or so, as he named Botham in his top 5 all-rounders of all time! I had to play the end multiple times to make sure I heard it properly, as I was absolutely stunned with his decision given the long feud between the two of them.

LOL! Yeah, the body language says it all in that interview. And even funnier seeing Chappelli in cricket whites at the end (was hoping Beefy was going to bowl a couple of overs at him).

But with Ch9 being the ratings whore they are (no surprise there), it was too good of an opportunity to pass up having both Beefy and Chappelli together on camera, as well as in the commentary box during the same 30 minute stint (such as what I posted earlier, when Steve Waugh had just passed 50 runs in the first innings).

Chappelli must've been on the bottle before doing this segment around 2012 or so, as he named Botham in his top 5 all-rounders of all time! I had to play the end multiple times to make sure I heard it properly, as I was absolutely stunned with his decision given the long feud between the two of them.

Great clip, cheers for posting. I think Chappelli managed that well. Would look just spiteful if he didn’t include Botham at all, but in doing so, he “debated” as to his worthiness... smart play..

as for my rankings

Sobers (even though I never saw him play)
Kallis
Khan
Botham
S Waugh

Surprised Waugh didn’t get a mention. More known probably for one dayers, and didn’t bowl much in the back half of his career due to injuries, but I’d have him top 5.

Incorrect

Coach
Nothing better than men in their 60s or 70s holding grudges.

Botham and Chappell are both wankers, just different breeds of wankers.
I've always thought, Chaps, Botham and Tugger, mentally, were all very similar players/people. Win at all costs mentality, don't give an inch, slam the boot on the throat whenever possible. I was probably watching back in 98/99 but never remember Chaps and Beefy commentating together. Bizarre.

Same here

Must say watching the world series retro matches of the 80s, Tony Cozier would have to be my all time favourite commentator. That actual era of commentators shits all over what is around today.

Agree re quality in that era vs today. Same goes for league too IMO.

Cozier was great. My Favourite (Aside from Richie) was Tony Greig.

Bazal

Post Whore
At the risk of being called names again I'm on CA's side here absolutely.

Channel 7 can f**k off. What an absolute pack of merkins

jargan83

Coach
As am I.

The BBL has always run with the Tests and ODI's being played through its season.

f**k Channel 7

As am I.

The BBL has always run with the Tests and ODI's being played through its season.

f**k Channel 7

EVERY FREAKING YEAR the 'big players' are missing from the big bash
EVERY YEAR!

Yet now Ch7 have an issue
I call bullsh*t

I say Ch7 are financially screwed and trying to squirm their way out of this contract.

F*ck CH7!

Latest posts