What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

TheParraboy

Staff member
^^

But the summer of cricket in Australia looks very different amid a pandemic with interstate border restrictions and strict international travel caps, including mandatory hotel quarantine for overseas arrivals. Prime Minister Morrison indicated he wouldn't budge, not even for an ally.

"I would love to see the Ashes go ahead, as I shared with Boris last night," Morrison told reporters in Washington.

"But there's no special deals there, because what we're looking to have is vaccinated people being able to travel.

"I don't see a great deal of difference in skilled workers or students who will be able to come to Australia when you reach those vaccination rates.

"Those who are coming for that purpose when it comes to their profession, which is playing cricket, I don't see the difference between that and someone who's coming as a skilled, qualified engineer or someone who's coming to be ready for study."

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Thats how it was always supposed to be.

Remember when it first started and the new batsmen had to run onto the pitch and players had to run between overs to be into position, then along came Ganguly and Co and the rules didn't apply to them

simmo1

First Grade
The problem of slow over rates was from the fielding team taking an eternity to set fields and get through their overs, not from the batting team. Dumb rule. The Hundred rule is better.

TheParraboy

Staff member
who remembers this? 🤣

Don't need a free ball for Maxy

209003.5.jpg

Bazal

Post Whore
Just....time the bloke out?

It's literally already a rule.

What on earth is the point of having a bloke who has taken too long to get to the middle stand around for a "free ball" (phrasing)?

He's already wasted whatever the alloted time is, let's waste more!

TheParraboy

Staff member
Just....time the bloke out?

It's literally already a rule.

What on earth is the point of having a bloke who has taken too long to get to the middle stand around for a "free ball" (phrasing)?

He's already wasted whatever the alloted time is, let's waste more!

That be too boring, you want to see Riley Meredith have a free go at the wicket and miss by bowling a 150km scorcher , that is wide and goes to the boundary for 4. There's entertainment right there

Seriously though they need to penalize the bowling team more so. The executive meeting mid over most overs needs to vanish.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He has coached so many of our first class spinners, he gave much back to the game

RIP Ash Mallett