What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket quiz

The Colonel

Immortal
CB Fry, who, around the turn of the century, held the world long jump record, played soccer and 26 cricket test matches for England and is alleged to have been offered the throne of Albania.

Who Am I?
Born 17 August 1972 I am the highest run scorer for my country. I scored fifties in my first six test matches before bringing up three figures in my seventh.

Anonymous

Juniors
Habibul Bashar of Bangladesh.

I was born on the 30 May 1879 and took exactly 100 test wickets at an average of 18.63. My best figures were 8-59.

More amazingly I took 2503 first class wickets, including 218 5 wicket hauls. My best return was 10-30.

I am......

*Paul*

Juniors
Colin Blythe.

What has Muralitharan (or Mew-rilly Doo-rilly as Tony Grieg calls him) done that no-one else has?

*Paul*

Juniors
None of those.
Shaun Pollock and Saqlain Mushtaq are probably the most likely to equal the feat.

*Paul*

Juniors
Steve Waugh holds the batting equivalent of this record, and if you retired prior to Nov 2000, it would have been a very difficult task to achieve.

*Paul*

Juniors
I mentioned that Steve Waugh has done the batting equivalent - what is the bowling version of a century?

The Colonel

Immortal
Murali hold the record for most 10 wicket hauls in test cricket.

Incidentally S R Waugh holds the record for most centuries by an Australian. Sunil Gavaskar holds the world record of 34.

Looking at it again I'll leave my question for a bit I think.

Azkatro

First Grade
Are you sure that answer is correct, though? Paul mentioned that Pollock and Mushtaq are the most likely to equal the feat, but while Muttiah has 11 ten wicket matches, those other guys don't even have 4 yet. If that was the record then Warney would probably be more likely to catch it cos he has 6.

I'm not sure it's 5 wicket innings', either - in 82 tests Muttiah has 38 of them... Pollock has 16 from 76 and Mushtaq 13 from 48.

The Colonel

Immortal
Steve Waugh has scored a century against every test playing nation.

Murali has taken five wickets in an innings against every test playing nation.

Playing for Kent in 1991 I acheived a rare double - scoring 108 runs and completing 8 catches behind the stumps. Who am I and who did I play against?

*Paul*

Juniors
Well done Colonel, specifically I had "5WI against 9 different countries" in mind.

And it was Steve Marsh v Middlesex.

Here's another. What sets Sri Lankan batsmen Marvan Atapattu and Mahela Jayawardene apart from everyone else? (Gordon Greenidge could be considered a partial member of this club)

Anonymous

Juniors
I still can't find the answer but can you believe that Attapatu scored only 1 run from his first 6 test innings. not a bad start.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Ive got a question:

a simple one.

What do the following players have in common:

Mark Waugh
Stuart MacGill
Andy Bichel
Greg Blewett
Peter McIntyre
Justin Langer

Latest posts