What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crikey! How bad is Benji Marshall?

Matthew Corner

Juniors
Let's face it, his last two years at the tigers were crap.

Run across field and set up blokes to get hospital smashed back on the inside.
All the D knows that the bloke never runs himself.
What a cat.

You poor bastards.
And Dugan should bet fullback.full stop.
Merrin was awful, as was Beale.

I backed the dragons with 12.5 start. Never, ever again!

jenninga

First Grade
Let's face it, his last two years at the tigers were crap.

Run across field and set up blokes to get hospital smashed back on the inside.
All the D knows that the bloke never runs himself.
What a cat.

You poor bastards.
And Dugan should bet fullback.full stop.
Merrin was awful, as was Beale.

I backed the dragons with 12.5 start. Never, ever again!

Good I hope you blew your doe.
Marshall is the least of our problems.

Fingerbang

Bench
One of the most ridiculous decisions ever made by the club to sign him.....didn't they ever see his form the last 2 years at Tigers? FMD, what a waste of money.

And no....he doesn't need time, he needs a f*cking time machine.

st.phil

Bench
yeah he was bad...not our worst though...having a crack at least.

Widdop is shell shocked - what happened after that first month???

Fingerbang

Bench
And 2 more years of him after this year. Imagine what he is going to be like in 2 years from now.....:roll:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Marshall will come good and as all commentators have said needs at least 6 weeks. He made a couple of blunders is pure class.

Widdop playing with a busted hand can't be good. He was targetted and playing NRL were you need your hands to tackle can be a bit of a disadvantage. Sam Williams should have been picked.

St Georgio

Juniors
NOT BENJIS FAULT WE HAVE THE WORST COACHING STAFF AND THE WORST STRUCTURES.
we need a new coach.
TONY SMITH
OR NEIL HENRY
UHHHHHH.

tmfsd

Juniors
Marshall will come good and as all commentators have said needs at least 6 weeks. He made a couple of blunders is pure class.

Widdop playing with a busted hand can't be good. He was targetted and playing NRL were you need your hands to tackle can be a bit of a disadvantage. Sam Williams should have been picked.

6 weeks? He had about the last 2 years at the tigers to come good and he didn't come good then. Why will he come good now?

Coffs dragon

Bench
I just hope the Dragons inserted a get out clause in his contract performance based. He can be traded for 2 real prop forwards with some ticker. I don't blame Benji, its just he is not the answer and only creates a bigger problem eating valuable cap space.

Smoove_Saint

Juniors
I wouldn't look at blaming anyone through 1 to 7 with the useless engine we have up front.
I really feel sorry for our complete back line, it's the most wasted amount of talent I have ever seen in a side.

doda

Juniors
I wouldn't look at blaming anyone through 1 to 7 with the useless engine we have up front.
I really feel sorry for our complete back line, it's the most wasted amount of talent I have ever seen in a side.

I agree 100% with you Smoove Saint. The problem is there is no go forward for the backs.

DRAGONSNZ

Bench
barge ass Marshall and dopey Dan Hunt.. marquee signings..

Benji gives us a lot more options than the little runt Quinlan or that dud Sam Williams. At least Benji has a go and looks to create something, Williams had trouble just holding the ball and Quinlan has no Balls to hold onto.

Give it up mate, with a decent pack with him next year (hopefully), we will get much more out of him than any of the others put together. We have the best halves ( Widdop /Marshall) and back three combo( Dugan/Morris/Nightingale) in the comp, just needs those hard guy up front..... and a couple of centres, I don't think Runciman will ever be able to hold a regular 1st grade spot, he doesn't look big, fast or skilled enough and I have watched him on D and he is a bit of a jersey and arm puller.

jenninga

First Grade
[QUOTE=Smoove_Saint;10207358;29401]I wouldn't look at blaming anyone through 1 to 7 with the useless engine we have up front.
I really feel sorry for our complete back line, it's the most wasted amount of talent I have ever seen in a side.[/QUOTE]

Sums it up
,absolutely spot on

Mr Red

First Grade
yeah he was bad...not our worst though...having a crack at least.

Widdop is shell shocked - what happened after that first month???

it took a month for the bellamy coaching to wear off and dragons football to take hold....

hewi

Bench
I think management need to face some facts.
1) we won't make the top eight.
2) young and McGregor with Price contributed to the present problems. The need to go now.
3) playing people out of their positions (Duggan, Merrin, Frizzel, etc) doesn't work. Stop it.
4) playing people with broken hands (Widdop) when we are rooted anyway is just plain dumb.
5) certain players ( Hunt, Harrison to name just two) needed to be told no more first grade, years end gone.
6) players like allomanai and I hate to say it Groat need to be thrown in the deep end. If they can't swin , years end gone.
7) new coach ASAP. Needs to start cleaning the place out now. Not next year. Three years have been wasted don't waste 2015 as well.

I don't think this is blowing things out of promotion . Look forward to others thoughts .

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
To get the most out of Benji, you need a forward pack going forward.

That has been blatantly obvious throughout his entire career.

If you want to get the best out of him, he needs space.

I'd play him at centre (which is where he played when Tigers played Dragons last year and Luke Brooks made his debut)

He'd be a third receiver with room, whether the forwards are winning up front or not.

He's not a halfbacks arsehole and his five-eighth days are long gone.

He'd form a pretty lethal combination with Dugan and Widdop as a link man if he was at centre.

he can be helped in defence more easily too at centre.