What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crocker: Last piece in the puzzle

Dazzat

First Grade
The return of Mike Crocker with the Bunnies is the last piece in the Queensland State of Origin puzzle for this year. If there are no injuries to key players until game one I can't see NSW beating a team like this:

1. Hunt
2. Falou
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Slater
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoncivea
11. Thaiday
12. Crocker
13. Johnson
14. Hannant
15. Miles
16. Costigan
17. Prince

Last edited:

benj4

Juniors
No Ashley Harrison? He was excellent last year. Pretty sure he played the 80 minutes in the decider with busted ribs. He was also a major part in QLD's set plays as he has good ball playing abilities for a forward. He should be the incumbent in the second row, along with Myles. Thaiday and Crocker would be better bringing impact off the bench.

Dazzat

First Grade
To be honest, I'd like to see David Stagg in the mix, but the Qld selectors aren't gunna dump Johnson ... no reason to spectulate because it's not going to happen.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
they wont pick hunt ahead of slater (at least not in the initial lineup). the team you picked is fairly strong cept i'd have a better utility than prince on the bench. given he can only cover the halves there's not much pouint having him there as you arnt gonna give locky or thruston a break during the game

harrison would be better at lock then johnson, but dazzat's right barring injury it just wont happen

Joker's Wild

Coach
I may get slayed for this but I think Corey Parker has been in outstanding form for the Broncos this year and I would have him infront of any other lock available for Qld. He has been opening up teams outwide and his defence, particularly on the goal line, has been fantastic.

andirect

Juniors
You shouldn't get slayed because you're spot on. Corey probably won't get picked but he wouldn't look out of place if a couple injuries occur. Personally, my team would be:

1. Slater
2. Folau
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Boyd
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Civoniceva
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Thaiday
12. Crocker
13. Johnson

14. Hunt
15. Hannant
16. Miles
17. Parker/Stagg/Costigan

I am a NSW supporter but here is my two cents worth...

1. SLATER
2. FOLAU
3. HODGES
4. INGLIS
5. BOYD
6. LOCKYER
7. THURSTON
8. CIVONICEVA
9. SMITH
10. PRICE
11. THAIDAY
12. MYLES
13. STAGG
---
14. HUNT
15. HANNANT
16. SHILLINGTON
17. CROCKER

lockyno1

Post Whore
1. Hunt
2. Falou
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Boyd
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoncivea
11. Harrison
12. Crocker
13. Johnson
14. Hannant
15. Myles
16. Thaiday
17. Slater

Last edited:

catch22

Juniors
1. Hunt
2. Falou
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Slater
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoncivea
11. Harrison
12. Crocker
13. Johnson
14. Hannant
15. Myles
16. Thaiday
17. Slater

Thats the team i would be picking for origin 1 pending no injuries before than.
edit: though you have slater in twice, Boyd on the wing.

Last edited:

icewind

Juniors
Why not give someone who plays on the wing a go, like Kemp, who is fast like Slater (faster imo), and is more experienced on the wing.

1. Hunt
2. Kemp/Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10.Civeniceva
11.Harrison
12.Crocker
13.Johnson

14.Myles
15.Thaiday
16.Hannant
17.Slater

Parker and Burns as the darkies.

8Ball

First Grade
1. Hunt
2. Falou
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Slater
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoncivea
11. Harrison
12. Crocker
13. Johnson
14. Hannant
15. Myles
16. Thaiday
17. Slater

Thats the first sensible post you've made. I can't believe that you haven't shown bias towards Boyd...and included Slater twice.

Who the hell is Mike Crocker?

Anyways, Crocker is one of those players who was BORN to play SOO.

Doesn't matter if you choose him or not, though, you will still win easily.

Evenflow

Bench
Why not give someone who plays on the wing a go, like Kemp, who is fast like Slater (faster imo), and is more experienced on the wing.

1. Hunt
2. Kemp/Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10.Civeniceva
11.Harrison
12.Crocker
13.Johnson

14.Myles
15.Thaiday
16.Hannant
17.Slater

Parker and Burns as the darkies.

Errr i dunno, maybe because Boyd and Kemp have only scored a grand total of 1 try between them this season. Hardly the sort of try scoring form you want your Origin wingers to be in given that's what they're there for.

Though by all means i hope that one of them take the spot and also Hunt at FB as well. From a NSW perspective the less Slater in the team the better IMO as once again he proved last night how damaging he is. His brilliance far outweighs any deficiences in his game.

watatank

Coach
Pretty much this whole side picks itself. There will be contention over the bench, I suppose.

1. Hunt
2. Folau
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Boyd
6. Lockyer (c)
7. Thurston
8. Civoneceva
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Myles
12. Harrison
13. Johnson

14. Slater
15. Thiaday
16. Hannant
17. Crocker/Costigan/someone else

I do have the feeling that one of Slater or Hunt will make way for Prince on the bench though

icewind

Juniors
Errr i dunno, maybe because Boyd and Kemp have only scored a grand total of 1 try between them this season. Hardly the sort of try scoring form you want your Origin wingers to be in given that's what they're there for.

Though by all means i hope that one of them take the spot and also Hunt at FB as well. From a NSW perspective the less Slater in the team the better IMO as once again he proved last night how damaging he is. His brilliance far outweighs any deficiences in his game.

Boyd has been playing well at the back for the dragons, and Kemp can score tries when he gets the ball. However, most of their play seems directed at Manu's wing, while Kemp sits out there, catching a cold. I think that given his combination last year with Lockyer, his lightning pace would really put the nsw team on the back foot.

If they decide to rush up and try to restrict Inglis, Hodges and co, Lockyer then has the option of kicking ahead for his wingers Kemp and Folau.

watatank

Coach
I don't get what the problem with Hayne is...he's a top player and has never had a bad game for NSW. I'd be worried though if we picked Quinn or Turner however

Latest posts