What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Croker Hopeful of Early Return Following Knee Surgery

raider_at_heart

Juniors
Fone Zone Canberra Raiders hard-man Jason Croker is confident of making an early return to football following successful knee surgery earlier this week.

Croker had an athroscope on his right knee on Monday, after experiencing sharp pain in the knee during a post-game training session following the Raiders 21-12 Round 1 victory over St.George-Illawarra.

“I just couldn’t run basically, it was swollen and hurt pretty bad so I thought I’d better get it checked out,” told Croker today.

The arthroscope conducted on Monday revealed that a screw which had been inserted in Crokers leg during a previous operation, had moved, and was irritating the bone surface around the operated area.

“Basically a screw had come loose from a knee reconstruction I had three years ago and it was causing some irritation around the knee,” said Croker.

“Initially they (the doctors) feared that there might have been some bone bruising which would have kept me out a lot longer but fortunately there wasn’t,” he added.

Croker withdrew from the Raiders squad late last week and did not play in the team’s defeat to Penrith last Friday night, and is now faced with at least four more weeks on the sidelines following surgery.

“I’ve been told to stay off it as much as I can over the next two weeks, but I hope to get back in to training after the bye (Round 5),” he said.

“If all goes well then there’s a chance I’ll play that following weekend (Round 6, v Cronulla at Toyota Park),” he added.

In Croker’s absense, rookie five-eighth Terry Campese will again run on in the number 6 for the Raiders clash with North Queensland in Townsville on Saturday night.

greeneyed

First Grade
Croker was interviewed on WIN TV news tonight and said he'd only miss 3 more games (along the lines of the above report). The report also said he would use this period on the sidelines to finalise his next deal. Meanwhile, the report showed Schifcofske was doing extra training at kicking, presumably with the aim of getting in under the 90 seconds.

Karmichael Hunt

Juniors
Croker was on his feet at the opening of the nrgize juice bar at the belconnen mall today so i don't think the doctor would be too happy.

Schiff and woolford were there too, they serve a mean smoothie.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Hopefully Croker comes back, more fitter and stronger than he has ever been! Can't wait for his come back really soon. :)

thickos

First Grade
His injury makes me squeamish - 'a bolt in his knee came loose!!!' :shock: :shock: I find it incredible what these guys (and what injuries) do to their bodies, Toots is just an incredible warrior - play till 2006 buddy! :clap:

Poida_Raider

Bench
toots is just one of the toughest blokes around, cant wait till he's back, hes a vital part of our team, wherever he plays.

GreenGuy

hope he's back soon, remember seeing him at the end of last season in the sheds with his legin ice after the dogs game, felt sooo sorry for him he is the ultimate raider

ball boy

Bench
legend said:
Presumably training to avoid continually hitting the posts from close range.
:lol: he did that on purpose but the boys forgot to chase if they had have we woulda scored