What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Croker

Brimmer

Juniors
Seriously...what's wrong with this kid at the moment?

He has a 1000 errors in his game and watching him defend can sometimes be laughable.

I've always had a big rap on him but at the moment he's seriously becoming a liability. If not for his goal kicking I would have him playing for the mounties in a heartbeat.

The guy doesn't pass to his winger. He's scored some good tries this year but they could have been easier (and under the sticks) if he passed to whighton outside him.

His effort to dive on the ball from a grubber in goal to me defines his attitude at the moment. What a rubbish performance he's been dishing out all season.

Sounds harsh I know but he's one major problem in our left hand defence. I want this kid to succeed but at the moment he's not cutting it.

edabomb

First Grade
He should have been dropped last year. Persisting with him has been a massive failure - too many errors in his game and no sign of them disappearing after 70 odd games. His goal kicking doesn't off set his errors - Dugan could kick at a similar percentage.

He's the type of guy that could go really well at another club with a professional setup.

Johns Magic

Referee
He's always been shithouse. It's like watching a boy against men when he defends. And I feel for anyone playing wing outside him...

bileduct

Coach
When Croker debuted he was actually playing well, both in attack and defense.

I don't know wtf has happened to him, but since that came against Newcastle where he was schooled by Drugs he hasn't been the same.

His goalkicking has gone completely to shit too.

He has absolutely no confidence left and you can see it in him.

cb4

First Grade
You helped us dodge a bullet. We went hard for him and you wouldnt release him.

Thank you.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
He's another case of Furner persisting with a player in the hope they will come good. Not big enough for centre or wing and not skillful enough for the halves. Make a great Mounties player though.

bileduct

Coach
Dog jokes aside, if Joel Monaghan was at the club Croker would be in the Mounties team every week.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I don't think Mad Dog jokes can be avoided when it comes to Croker.

That must have been the worst day of his life.

The missed penalty goal against the tigers in the 2010 finals would probably top it but he's got a long list of dog day afternoons.

Dog jokes aside, if Joel Monaghan was at the club Croker would be in the Mounties team every week.

Monas is on the right , Croker on the left.

We could shift Berrigan but we wouldn't have signed him if we still had Monas.

Whats the harm in putting Croker on the left wing.

We don't have a lot of depth pushing for selection

bileduct

Coach
Monas is on the right , Croker on the left.

We could shift Berrigan but we wouldn't have signed him if we still had Monas.
Well, that was my thought, that we would go with Monaghan and shift Berrigan.

But you're right, we wouldn't have signed Berrigan anyway.

mongoose

Coach
He is too small for the modern game unfortunately, even though he does punch above his weight.

He could possibly be given a shot at hooker lol

shear_joy9

Coach
I've never rated him. Even in the u20's I wasn't all that impressed.

If I was Robinson or Wighton I would have at the very least given him a spray for being such a selfish git that refuses to pass the ball.

either move thompson back to the centres or give drury low or hodge a go.

shear_joy9

Coach
He is too small for the modern game unfortunately, even though he does punch above his weight.

the guy is 6ft and around 95kg. That's pretty much the average for any first grade centre.

plus thats almost 10kg less than berrigan and he handles himself alright

Brimmer

Juniors
Yep...piss him off. Thompson back to the centres. Dugan to kick. Will definately add a little more starch to the left side.

Raider_69

Post Whore
he has regressed badly, mostly defensively. I think a stint in Mounties where he can carve it up for a few weeks and gain some confidence back

but its easy to forget, he's still only 21 years old. He's got a decade left in the league if he's good enough. It seems like he's been around a while because he was good enough to debut at 18. He's a talent down on confidence. You dont throw the baby out with the bath water

send him back to mounties for a few weeks let him build some confidence. It wont take long before he forces his way back in the side.

Defensively he's ok when he makes contact, his trouble is defensive reads. Which ill take over physicality, because you cant always get bigger or stronger without impacting other areas of your game. You can ALWAYS get smarter and improve your football IQ.

Thompson back to the centres is a very dumb idea
Wighton is a very sound defensive player, good young kid and a 5/8th by trade so has the ball playing skills to handle centre and set his outside man up.

1. Dugan
2. Fergo
3. Wighton
4. Berro
5. Robinson

skeepe

Immortal
he has regressed badly, mostly defensively. I think a stint in Mounties where he can carve it up for a few weeks and gain some confidence back

but its easy to forget, he's still only 21 years old. He's got a decade left in the league if he's good enough. It seems like he's been around a while because he was good enough to debut at 18. He's a talent down on confidence. You dont throw the baby out with the bath water

send him back to mounties for a few weeks let him build some confidence. It wont take long before he forces his way back in the side.

Defensively he's ok when he makes contact, his trouble is defensive reads. Which ill take over physicality, because you cant always get bigger or stronger without impacting other areas of your game. You can ALWAYS get smarter and improve your football IQ.

Thompson back to the centres is a very dumb idea
Wighton is a very sound defensive player, good young kid and a 5/8th by trade so has the ball playing skills to handle centre and set his outside man up.

1. Dugan
2. Fergo
3. Wighton
4. Berro
5. Robinson

Agree with all that. I'm still not sold on Robinson on the wing, but he's certainly earned himself a few more chances with his fullback performances.

Latest posts