What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronin , Thornett banned at Wanderland

Foz

Bench
They do a great job of selling out the ground to ;). Average 15,700 which is what 75-80% capacity?

The whole media beat up about the wanderers is on one hand sickening and on the other quite amusing, as the quality of the product on display is a) boring b) equivalent to league two in england, except at a slower pace.

I too think all the Wanderers hype is over the top but wondering what the average crowd for Parramatta is?
15700 average sounds pretty respectable to me.I don't know they'd keep that up if they started losing but I'd be surprised if Parramattas crowd averages too much more.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Australian_football_code_crowds

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
The Derpderers are the greatest thing to happen world sport.

A stadium full of hairy penises is quite a feat.

***MH***

Bench
This thread is Hindy approved
IMG_517512451074462_zps2c3nfhwx.jpeg

Suitman

Post Whore
Personally I think it's bullshit that those wsw pricks cover the signs of legends off the parramatta district

The names of stands aren't sport specific

Do we cover the name MA noble when we play rl at scg ?

Wow. Didn't take you long to find that out. lol.
The Eels have never owned Parra Stadium, they've just been the major (ie. only) tenants. The stadium now has another tenant. They can do what they like.

Sook.

Suity

El Diablo

Post Whore
Wow. Didn't take you long to find that out. lol.
The Eels have never owned Parra Stadium, they've just been the major (ie. only) tenants. The stadium now has another tenant. They can do what they like.

piss off

the stands have names

seat wreckers and rioters like you covering names doesn't mean shit. it's just insulting to the people they were named after

God-King Dean

Immortal
Sydney's Wonderland Dream.

http://www.blacktownsun.com.au/story/1714452/sydneys-wonderland-dream-tell-us-what-you-think/

A Mount Druitt entrepreneur hopes to bring fun back into western Sydney by developing a new theme park.
Urban Estate Development managing director Ammar Khan released his plans to Fairfax Media's St Marys- Mount Druitt Star last week to develop Sydney’s newest theme park called Sydney’s Wonderland.

His dream for the project includes multi-themed attractions and amusements, hotels operations, cinemas and restaurants as part of the first stage.
Mr Khan said it has the potential for expansion to include a golf course and become a live music venue in future stages.
He’s currently taking expressions of interest from potential stakeholders and investors.
‘‘The location is yet to be finalised, pending stakeholder interest,’’ he said.
‘‘We’re looking towards either Marsden Park or Eastern Creek. I want to replicate various aspects of the previous Wonderland site.’’
Mr Khan worked at the previous Wonderland Sydney fun park at Eastern Creek for nine years in various tole right up until the day it closed in 2004.
The park was the largest one in the southern hemisphere and operated for almost 19 years.
Mr Khan has been working on his plan ever since.
A feasibility study has costed the park $150 million and the planing stage would take three to five years.
‘‘My first step is to sharpen up the business model and go to back to potential stakeholders I’ve previously gone to, now that I have the resources to make it happen,’’ Mr Khan said.
‘‘The interest is stronger than ever before.’’
He said the plans aren’t in competition with Wet n Wild, which opens in Prospect this year.
The aim is to create a fun amusement destination and bring laughter to Sydney tourism.
‘‘It’s time to bring back the fun in our lives and provide a vibrant place where people can enjoy themselves again,’’ he said.
“Stakeholders will enjoy not just upfront development returns, but also long term growth in what is anticipated to be an ever-growing opportunity.”
Details: sydneyswonderland.com.au.

***MH***

Bench
piss off

the stands have names

seat wreckers and rioters like you covering names doesn't mean shit. it's just insulting to the people they were named after

At least when WSW won their premiership last season, they didn't burn down their grandstand!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
that's because it was the premiership, not the championship. CCM = champions.

Raider_69

Post Whore
As a kid who grew up 10 minutes drive down the M4 from Wonderland, i can not tell you how many times i went there and how much i loved it.
I would love to see another theme park crop up in West. Sydney

Brutus

Referee
At least when WSW won their premiership last season, they didn't burn down their grandstand!

Some dick on the radio said the same thing yesterday.

What is it with people actually thinking the Wanderers won the Aye League last season.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i always thought the first past the post thing was most important in football?
A league final series just seems to me a thing the aleague is doing to make it more appealing to sporting fans used to a final series and grand final, and a bit of a cash grab.

Is there any other major competition that does a final series?
(champions league style competitions excluded for obvious reasons)

firechild

First Grade
i always thought the first past the post thing was most important in football?
A league final series just seems to me a thing the aleague is doing to make it more appealing to sporting fans used to a final series and grand final, and a bit of a cash grab.

Is there any other major competition that does a final series?
(champions league style competitions excluded for obvious reasons)

Not many professional sports in Australia don't have a finals series. NRL, AFL, NBL, Super 15, Big Bash, A-League, whatever the netball comp is called all have a finals series.

bottle

Coach
Sydney's Wonderland Dream.

http://www.blacktownsun.com.au/story/1714452/sydneys-wonderland-dream-tell-us-what-you-think/

A Mount Druitt entrepreneur hopes to bring fun back into western Sydney by developing a new theme park.
Urban Estate Development managing director Ammar Khan released his plans to Fairfax Media's St Marys- Mount Druitt Star last week to develop Sydney?s newest theme park called Sydney?s Wonderland.

His dream for the project includes multi-themed attractions and amusements, hotels operations, cinemas and restaurants as part of the first stage.
Mr Khan said it has the potential for expansion to include a golf course and become a live music venue in future stages.
He?s currently taking expressions of interest from potential stakeholders and investors.
??The location is yet to be finalised, pending stakeholder interest,?? he said.
??We?re looking towards either Marsden Park or Eastern Creek. I want to replicate various aspects of the previous Wonderland site.??
Mr Khan worked at the previous Wonderland Sydney fun park at Eastern Creek for nine years in various tole right up until the day it closed in 2004.
The park was the largest one in the southern hemisphere and operated for almost 19 years.
Mr Khan has been working on his plan ever since.
A feasibility study has costed the park $150 million and the planing stage would take three to five years.
??My first step is to sharpen up the business model and go to back to potential stakeholders I?ve previously gone to, now that I have the resources to make it happen,?? Mr Khan said.
??The interest is stronger than ever before.??
He said the plans aren?t in competition with Wet n Wild, which opens in Prospect this year.
The aim is to create a fun amusement destination and bring laughter to Sydney tourism.
??It?s time to bring back the fun in our lives and provide a vibrant place where people can enjoy themselves again,?? he said.
?Stakeholders will enjoy not just upfront development returns, but also long term growth in what is anticipated to be an ever-growing opportunity.?
Details: sydneyswonderland.com.au.

And only $99.99 for a season pass.

Do you have to wear Red and Black and face the wrong way at rides?

Canard

Immortal

And this guy claims to be a fan (its in his avatar).

Just goes to show how much of a bullshit "fad" there supporter base is.

Latest posts