What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla Sharks - Bailouts

Stuff

Juniors
In 1992 the NSWRL provided loans to Clubs at below market interest rates as follows:

Illawara - $1,000,000
Gold Coast - $1,000,000
Canberra - $1,000,000
Newcastle - $500,000
Cronulla $500,000

They also provided a guarantee to the bank for Norths for an overdraft facility of $400,000.

Grants to NRL Clubs that year totalled $7,879,000. The top three were:

1. Penrith - $865,000
2. Canberra - $821,000
3. Norths - $628,000

Souths rec'd the lowest grant that year of $302,000

Source: ARKO. My Game. Ken Arthurson Autobiography. Published 1997.

gregstar

Referee
zapps gone.

the necessary brown paper bags went with him. good luck with the development.

lol!

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
In 1992 the NSWRL provided loans to Clubs at below market interest rates as follows:

Illawara - $1,000,000
Gold Coast - $1,000,000
Canberra - $1,000,000
Newcastle - $500,000
Cronulla $500,000

They also provided a guarantee to the bank for Norths for an overdraft facility of $400,000.

Grants to NRL Clubs that year totalled $7,879,000. The top three were:

1. Penrith - $865,000
2. Canberra - $821,000
3. Norths - $628,000

Souths rec'd the lowest grant that year of $302,000

Source: ARKO. My Game. Ken Arthurson Autobiography. Published 1997.

:lol::lol: Source: ARKO. My Game. Ken Arthurson Autobiography. Published 1997.

The biggest grant Arko made was TV rights to his mate Packer for nect to nothing.

fatshark

Bench
Haha ..Sharks get the last laugh.
I will say it again,what is St Georges future funding? It supposedly coming from the HUGE supporter base.
Enjoy your $500/ year membership Willow and Co.

I had nothing? Ok then. I can cop that, even it is from a bunch of no hoper dragon androtops. But then again I wont call you that willow, I might get banned.

Anyway, like I said stupid thread

DubaiSaint

Juniors
I think its an interesting thread...

Those grant figures from Arko's book... interesting Souths got the least grant. Why? They were perenially struggling and they got less than the Broncos or Manly or Canterbury - all powerful clubs in the late 90's?

Seems very odd. Be interested on what basis those grants were given.

they got less money because souths were on the nose the whole time.

also, you could have put 30 million into souths and got no result as george piggins diverted basically all the funds to his palace on chalmers street.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I had nothing?
Yep
Miller was a legend said:
Ok then. I can cop that, even it is from a bunch of no hoper dragon androtops. But then again I wont call you that willow, I might get banned.

Anyway, like I said stupid thread
So you choose to bring up entirely irrelevant forum issues. "Do a reefy"... "Ban me".

FMD, let me know your favourite charity and I'll donate a tear drop.

Look, I know you're hurting, but how many cards do you want to play?

If you haven't got the balls to elaborate, I'll do it for you. You seem to be an example of someone who has been sucked into reefy's bs.

But wait, there's more...

I really don't care about your reefy crap, nor do I care about your 'ban me' complex. I do however, think it's unfortunate when he leads otherwise reasonable people down the garden path.

"Let's get this place busy." lol. Yeah, I saw reefy's dummy spit on another forum. Code for too silly to admit he was wrong.

He makes up stories, namely that he was banned for three years, when it was just three weeks (since expired - he is no longer suspended). The stories become more elaborate, to the point that they just become outright lies.

And get this, he (and you too I reckon) insists that St George supporters have colluded against him. Think about that, for just a minute longer than reefy has.

There comes a point when it stops being theatre, and it just become outright paranoia.

Fact is, reefy has been cut more slack than most other members.

He's a good bloke imo, but he tells whoppers, and he does like to lead you kids around by the nose.

Sorry if the truth hurts, bit those are the facts.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Haha ..Sharks get the last laugh.
I will say it again,what is St Georges future funding?
When did you say this before?
fatshark said:
It supposedly coming from the HUGE supporter base.
Enjoy your $500/ year membership Willow and Co.

It's probably a waste of time asking, but what are you talking about?

TooheysNew

Coach
Miller was a legend said:
Ok then. I can cop that, even it is from a bunch of no hoper dragon androtops. But then again I wont call you that willow, I might get banned.
I banned Reefy, not Willow. Or doesn't that fit with your story, champ.

Latest posts