What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla Sharks - Bailouts

squiddy

Juniors
now a few months on i havent heard anything, did they get money from somewhere or are they still in dire financial probs?

Dont believe everything you read or hear in the media especialy if it comes from Magnay - Sharks are doing OK !

adamkungl

Immortal
St George supporters make me laugh, Some years back I remember how they wanted to merge with the Roosters...I guess St George were short on cash....

We would have done to them what they did to Illawarra... they would have got the red and white in the socks.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
St George supporters make me laugh, Some years back I remember how they wanted to merge with the Roosters...I guess St George were short on cash....
Wrong again.

St George supporters never wanted to merge with Easts. In fact it was St George supporters that put a stop to it.

Easts supporters on the other hand were absent throughout.

At different times Sharks wanted to merge with Illawarra, and St George, but were told to get shafted.

maestro1

Bench
We would have done to them what they did to Illawarra... they would have got the red and white in the socks.

That is ther most misinformed quote I have read on this forum. Have you ever heard of "Save Our Saints" (SOS). That was made up of Saints Supporters who rallied to stop the attempted tyakeover by the roosters. The takeover was the workings of a former Saints official who now works for the ARL. he tried to white ant the Dragons from within and nearly pulled it off. I wonder what his motivation was, or who was pulling his strings (perhaps a famous car dealer).:x

Long before there was ever a rally to save Souths. The Saints loyal supporters successfully told the Rorters where to shove their takeover................This was completely different to the Saints Illawarra merger as the Steelers were broke and had to either merge or perish.

maestro1

Bench

Keep grabbing at straws........Saints have never been short of cash. Unlike your beggar of a club...........at least 3 handouts in your short history.....

drake

First Grade
If we would have let you, which we didn't. Save Our Saints pretty much told all interested parties how St George supporters felt.

So no, you cannot have a junior base. Or a supporter base that proudly shows what team they support. You're still stuck with pink polo tops.

adamkungl

Immortal
That is ther most misinformed quote I have read on this forum. Have you ever heard of "Save Our Saints" (SOS). That was made up of Saints Supporters who rallied to stop the attempted tyakeover by the roosters.

All I said is it would have been a takeover. All you've done is back me up.

adamkungl

Immortal
If we would have let you, which we didn't. Save Our Saints pretty much told all interested parties how St George supporters felt.

So no, you cannot have a junior base. Or a supporter base that proudly shows what team they support. You're still stuck with pink polo tops.

Obviously your administration at the time felt differently to the fans...

matt

Juniors
Great to see the Chooks still standing alone,whilst other unfortunately have had to merge...illawarra dragons and the balmain magpies.

maestro1

Bench
All I said is it would have been a takeover. All you've done is back me up.

You said this on the premise that at some stage of our history, we were cash-strapped. This is showing that you are misinformed as we have never been cash-strapped. The proposed rorters takeover was an underhanded attempt to takeover over our club by stealth using a traitor from within and nothing more. I see your'e having trouble keeping up. Do you want me to type slower...........

maestro1

Bench
Great to see the Chooks still standing alone,whilst other unfortunately have had to merge...illawarra dragons and the balmain magpies.

standing alone as in your one junior team stands alone. Or your 100 supporters (still laughing at David Morrows quote) standing alone at roosters home games.

The saddest thing I have seen as far as teams celebrating the fasrewell of a favourite son, was Luke Ricketson's last game as a rooster at the SFS. Deadset, there would have barely been 6000 there to send off one of their best..........

adamkungl

Immortal
You said this on the premise that at some stage of our history, we were cash-strapped..

Wrong. Generalzod claimed you were cash strapped. I was merely commenting on why it never went ahead - because it would have been a takeover.

Jasdragon

Juniors
Wrong. Generalzod claimed you were cash strapped. I was merely commenting on why it never went ahead - because it would have been a takeover.

It never happened and never was going to happen! Saints were the only one whom took over anyone e.g. the Steelers ;-).

Last edited:

drake

First Grade
Obviously your administration at the time felt differently to the fans...
And this is what is wrong with the NRL... the fans are the blood of the game.

Maybe if you Roosters fans had some balls and disagreed with Uncle Nick you'd still be Eastern Suburbs, instead of the redundant "Sydney" Roosters.

maestro1

Bench

Bullsh*t!!! You responded to Generalzod's comment about how we were cash strapped. Not one mention of why it never went ahead. You even gloated about how you would have given us the red and white socks. You believed the misinformation about Saints being cash strapped.

Please highlight where you commented on why it never went ahead????

Latest posts