What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla Sharks Development Approved!

I've gained a hell of alot of respect for Sharks chairman, Damien Irvine. His interview/answers during the Game Plan's Front Row Forum were great. His response about why they didn't want to relocate to the Central Coast due to it being an easy option and how it was perceived by him as disrespectful towards the Central Coast Bears hardwork and the community was exceptional. Sharks, I truly wish your club and your chairman the very best of lunch striving towards the future.

I've gained a hell of alot of respect for Sharks chairman, Damien Irvine. His interview/answers during the Game Plan's Front Row Forum were great. His response about why they didn't want to relocate to the Central Coast due to it being an easy option and how it was perceived by him as disrespectful towards the Central Coast Bears hardwork and the community was exceptional. Sharks, I truly wish your club and your chairman the very best of lunch striving towards the future.

yep great interview........except he did not mention the Bears, he mentioned the people of the central coast :lol::lol::lol:

bottle

Coach
He mentioned the Central Coast Bears and the central coast community. Get yourself a hearing aid jezza.
Don't worry too much about the hypocrite jizzer. He thinks it ok for him to put shit on a club and a fanbase, but not ok for others.

Megalodon

Juniors
What most people here fail to recognise is that not only has this deal eliminated $10 million dollars of current debt but also the rezoning of the western playing fields and carpark from 'private recreational' to 'residential' has changed the balance sheet value of those holdings hugely.

The "Private Recreational" property holdings of the Sharks have been traditionally a liability rather than an asset. They require upkeep, maintenance and rates but offer no viable income stream.

Up until yesterday, the Sharks were servicing a $13.5M debt on a combined asset of around $9.8M.

With the $10M injection into the coffers from Bluestone within 90 days, that will see a reduction of current debt to around $3.5M.

Bear in mind that the signing of the instrument and its implied rezoning now takes the value of the Sharks land holdings to around the $35M mark.

To put it simply, servicing a $3.5M debt on a $35M holding puts you in the finance buyers market.

Interesting times ahead.

I must say that with all the new cash injections into the competition, that I'm particularly happy about supporting a team that has historically exercised fiscal prudence and strong financial management.

forestfan

Juniors
So from this, can I assume there will be a stadium upgrade for Shark Park

in the top 3 asthetically displeasing grounds to ever grace my eyes

betcats

Referee
I dont know what it is but i just cant bring myself to like the sharkies. I hope its another 40yrs before they get something for their trophy cabinet.

Hanscholo

Bench
Great to see the Sharks climbing out of that trouble they were in. On and off the field. Great to see from a fine club.

Card Shark

Immortal
Interesting times ahead.

I must say that with all the new cash injections into the competition, that I'm particularly happy about supporting a team that has historically exercised fiscal prudence and strong financial management.

Yes, I think the fact that we have been forced to operate with constraint & formulate effective ststems, can only benefit us with money in the bank. I'm sure we'll spend it very wisely.

Winning starts off the field & I think we have got that right (or near to it).

Latest posts