What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross and King deserve the Sky Blue

melon....

Coach
Why?

Because The illawarra Socks have done it again. They did it with Ryles, pulling out of the ANZAC Test due to "injury", and then played a full game on Monday against the Roosters. Now the two most over-rated centres since Gidley and Hughes, withdraw from CityvCountry yet play for their beloved Illawarra Socks against the Rabbits.

Just give the Jerseys to Cross and King. These blokes play the "nothing" rep games, back up for their clubs and perform.

The illawarra Socks coaching staff is at a complete loss trying to find out how so many of their players suffer from the same injury week in and out. The constant Heartlidge strain.

St.George cant play.

Southernsaint

Staff member
melon.... said:
Why?

Because The illawarra Socks have done it again. They did it with Ryles, pulling out of the ANZAC Test due to "injury", and then played a full game on Monday against the Roosters. Now the two most over-rated centres since Gidley and Hughes, withdraw from CityvCountry yet play for their beloved Illawarra Socks against the Rabbits.

Just give the Jerseys to Cross and King. These blokes play the "nothing" rep games, back up for their clubs and perform.

The illawarra Socks coaching staff is at a complete loss trying to find out how so many of their players suffer from the same injury week in and out. The constant Heartlidge strain.

St.George cant play.

:lol:

The Country coach himself admitted it was a "nothing" game...

I couldn't care less about Rep games, I support St george 'til I die, not NSW 'til I die...

Kiwi

First Grade
I have to agree, unless they retire from rep footy, they can't pull out by themselves then play the following day for their club.

melon....

Coach
Southernsaint said:
melon.... said:
Why?

St.George cant play.

I couldn't care less about Rep games, I support St george 'til I die, not NSW 'til I die...
Thats fine Southern, but when will St.Socks be slapped with a "bringing the game into disrepute" fine for continually lying to the NRL about their player's fitness??

Southernsaint

Staff member
melon.... said:
Southernsaint said:
melon.... said:
Why?

St.George cant play.

Thats fine Southern, but when will St.Socks be slapped with a "bringing the game into disrepute" fine for continually lying to the NRL about their player's fitness??

The players & Saints staff said that they weren't able to train until Friday. All we can do is believe them...

I'd cop the fine, by the way, if it meant guaranteeing the 2 points...

mickdo

Coach
What crap. Its pretty clear (as it has been in previous years) that some players who fail fitness tests for rep duties would probably be able to play, its just that they wouldnt be able to TRAIN with the rep side until very late in the week, and the rep selectors and coaches simply find that to be unacceptable for them to fit into their plans for the team.

It's completely different when they go back to their club sides, where they have been playing all season, and don't need to train for an entire week to be able to slot back in to their regular team, because they know the scheme and set plays already etc.

hybrid_tiger said:
Gasnier is the best centre in the NRL.

End of.

There's a Cowboy centre whom I rate very highly indeed. Gasnier on his day is great but he is not as consistent as Josh Hannay.

KFC

Juniors
1. Gasnier is the best centre in the NRL without doubt.

2. Any player selected for a Rep team that withdraws because of injury should NOT be allowed to play for their team.

Godz Illa

Coach
Gaz and Coops were ruled out by the respective City/Country doctors - not St George. Cry me a river melon.
mypic151.jpg

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Southern Rooster said:
hybrid_tiger said:

End of.

There's a Cowboy centre whom I rate very highly indeed. Gasnier on his day is great but he is not as consistent as Josh Hannay.

I rate Hannay highly too, but Gasnier is special.

ledzep

Bench
Southern Rooster said:
hybrid_tiger said:

End of.

Hannay is a bit of a nuff-nuff in attack

Gasnier is my hero

gregstar

Referee
Godz Illa said:
Gaz and Coops were ruled out by the respective City/Country doctors - not St George.
exactly right!
COUNTRY & CITY medical staff ruled them out because they wouldn't be able to train until later in the week - not the saints staff.

don't be so eager melon - cross will probably make it anyway you fruit ;-) :lol:

ByRd

First Grade
Hannay better then Gasnier :lol: :lol: :lol:

Centres for NSW should be Cooper & Gasnier

Broncodroid

Juniors
I will answer this believing your actually serious with the first post Melon...

Matt Cooper and Mark Gasnier were ruled out by the CRL & NSWRL team doctors in which they were replaced and sent back to their clubs. Both players did not train during the week though passed a medical on the morning of the game declaring themselves fit to play after a week of no training.

Their employer, St. George Illawarra, have every right to have both on hand IF they are fit by weeks end to play.

Of what good comes from having two starting players in a rep team that has what, three or four training sessions as a team, sitting out of ball work drills. It is of no benefit to the other Country or City players trying to put their best foot forward.

The common sense decision was made and both were replaced by healthy players able to contribute at training.

As for both being "overrated"? Coming from a member whom I believe to have a healthy knowledge of the game, this simply "bait" for Dragons fans to bite at surely?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Southernsaint said:
melon.... said:
Cross played all over Gasnier on Anzac Day.

Keep 'em coming, Melon!!
LOL. Surely anyone could see that Crossy played all over Gasnier. Crossy set up two tries, scored one of his own and forced Gas into a few erros who had a couple of looks at Crossy when taking a pass.

Im not saying Cross is better, but only a complete and utter fool wouldnt agree that Cross played all over Gas that day.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Look it was dubious but who knows
maybe the extra day was just what they needed to get past injury
its happened before and it will happen again... no big deal

If fit i think Gaz and Super Dooper Cooper will be the centres for NSW