What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crouch off to Roosters??

The Colonel

Immortal
According to reports Crouch will not be taking up a position at Pia Donkeys but will instead play for the Roosters next season.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, good move, now Crouch will make an even bigger improvement in the forwards to win a premiership. :lol:

bartman

Immortal
This could only happen if Crouch had visa problems, and the Roosters took him up like they did with Walker last year on next to nothing?

And didn't they learn anything from that mistake...

Eelementary

Post Whore
GOD DAMNIT!

Why do people bag him so much?

I thought he was good! He was nothing extraordinary, but solid, and hit like a train in defence - FUNNILY ENOUGH, EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED!

DAMN THE ROOSTERS!

Stagger eel

Staff member
It was confirmed on rugby league revue [monthly mag] that he had signed with Roosters.

I agree with you Eelementary I don't think he is as bad as people make out he is, don't be surprised if he finds himself a permanent interchange spot replacing [Gulp] Chad Robinson.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Chad Robinson :cry:

everytime i see or hear that name it makes me upset, why did he ever leave Parramatta, why did we trade him for a usless reserve grader.

The Colonel

Immortal
PARRA_FAN said:

everytime i see or hear that name it makes me upset, why did he ever leave Parramatta, why did we trade him for a usless reserve grader.

We got Widders and Russo for Cayless and Robinson. OK Russo was crap but Widders has been pretty good. Same can't be said for Chad. He has had his moments but I wouldn't swap him for Widders.

Freak

Juniors
Eelementary said:
GOD DAMNIT!

I thought he was good! He was nothing extraordinary, but solid, and hit like a train in defence - FUNNILY ENOUGH, EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED!

DAMN THE ROOSTERS!

I think you wrapped it all up with "He was nothing extraordinary".
Unfortunately his win loss ratio in 2003 was ugly!!

Not much joy for the Eels when Crouch made the side!!

Seriously you could not pick him in front of at least 7 backrowers at the club and it was time for him to move on.

I wish him all the best

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Next year will be his third club in three years.

That just about sums it up.

midas

Juniors
As a 17-year old,Crouch had a spare weekend before flying out with the Australian Schoolboys.He turned out with Faifrfield 2nd grade and smacked 217-only dig for the season.
Despite the fact that he came to League in the Super League years and probably made plenty of money,I can,t help thinking he made the wrong career choice.

bradeel

Juniors
Eelementary said:
GOD DAMNIT!

DAMN THE ROOSTERS!

I agree with you 100000000% on this. I cannot believe the bloody morons in these forums and the rleague Grandstand that bag the living sh*t out of this guy. He was certainly nothing flash but he was never bought to be the answer to all of our problems. Just an honest tackling forward option, after the loss of Ian Hindmarsh. And that he did. He hit hard, was prepared to work hard, and you can't ask for that much more from a defensive backrower.

I'll vomit if people start wanting to bag Smithy out for letting him go, because there was no more commonly made remark by our fans than "Crouch is crap - p*ss him off, etc etc etc."

Good luck to him - i can understand why he left.

As for Chad Robinson, gimme a break!!? The guy has done nothing for the Roosters. Jason Cayless i'll accept. He has been outstanding in a premiership winning side, and I'd hate to say it, but he is playing much more consistent footy than his brother.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Colonel Eel said:
PARRA_FAN said:

We got Widders and Russo for Cayless and Robinson. OK Russo was crap but Widders has been pretty good. Same can't be said for Chad. He has had his moments but I wouldn't swap him for Widders.

Robinson was killing them at Parramatta, why did they swap him for Jamie Russo who did nothing for the eels???

The Colonel

Immortal
Robinson was after a starting spot firstly and played 7 games so he wasn't exactly killing it.

Russo was a lock 5/8 and Widders is a fairly creative player whereas Robinson was a workhorse in the backrow of which we had a few in Ryan, Hindmarsh and Hindmarsh, Wagon etc.....

He is a decent player but wasn't a huge loss.

PB

Bench
hey midas, question.
When Crouch turned out for Fairfield 2nd grade and scored 217 runs. did he have any problems running between the wickets? I would have pictured crouch to have been even better at continuos cricket, where after you hit the ball, you run out and around the wicket to the side. ;-)

Honestly the guy was either cross eyed, or thought is task was to run past the touch judge!

Any one who loses spleep over the losses of Robinson and now Crouch needs to see a shrink as they have a pathological problem. :!: :?:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I Hindmarsh and Ryan are both, now theres hardly a workhorse at Parramatta, N Hindmarsh maybe considered a workhorse but is more of a wide running 2nd Row. Wagon has lost that form he had in 2001.

Of course he was killing them at Parramatta not just in Reserve Grade, but in a few first grade games he played in, made a good impact from the bench. You just didnt watch him hard enough. Both him and Danny Sullivan were dangerous in the First Division in both 2000 and 2001

The Colonel

Immortal
Didn't watch him hard enough in his seven games? Please.......

He is an interchange forward at best. His younger brother on the other hand is a far better footballer and his only 14.

There is a fair gap though between killing it in first division and killing it in first grade.