What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd at Kogarah Yesterday

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Seems almost universal that anyone who was at the game thinks the figure is wrong.

We could always demand a recount. lol.

farmeister

Juniors
Doesn't all the revenue from the finals games go to the NRL, not to the club? That being the case, is it possible the club would have deliberately understated the figure and kept the revenue from the other 4000 tickets for itself? :D (Good luck to them if they did and got away with it!)

Either that, or some of the turnstiles weren't working!

I was at the ground for the Souths game the previous week (crowd > 18k) and that didn't look any more full than the game yesterday.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol. That's quite imaginative farmeister. Maybe they're running a spy ring as well.

18to87

Coach
I was to the left of the Manly fans in the family zone which has been said was one of the only spots where it looked like more people could squeeze in and I reckon you could have only fit 50 more people or so there standing towards the very back.

Red_Vee

Juniors
there was definitely more than 15k. i was on the hill and it was as cosy as it has been all year... when we played manly in round 23 the crowd was 14,740. no way there was only an extra 1,000 people in there yesterday unless they were all the size of darryl brohman...

j0nesy

Bench
I didn't think it was packed. There were quite a few individual category B seats scattered around the place around the 20 meter line (SE corner). I also heard there were still 1000 seats available a couple of hours before kick off. About the same sized crowd, perhaps slightly larger, than the Manly game a few weeks ago, I didn't get that crowd figure. Personally I thought the crowd was a little quiet until around the 50th minute or so, and then after that it really lifted.

j0nesy

Bench
Jonesy, are you sure you went to the right ground?

Hehe, there was only one team playing football at the ground I went to. :)

I honestly did not think there were many more than the Monday night game against Manly a few weeks back, and as it turns out there were only about 800 more, at least according to the official crowd figure. I also did not think the atmosphere was as good as that night, until the latter part of the game when it was electric.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'd say you're in the minority. It was closer to 19,000 and the atmosphere was great.

You need to get better seats Jonesy... somewhere above the wine cellar.

Judging by the tv coverage iooked pretty full. The army looked great and could hear the singing over the commentry. In fact would rather hear the fans than the crap commentary

SET2JT

Juniors
The only seats that i could see that were empty were, the 20 odd in the middle of the grandstand (one row from the half way going towards Jubilee Ave) and about 50 seats in the stand behind the corner post were Copper scored his first try. I honestly don't know were we could have put 3k more.