What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd tonight

Lynchie

Juniors
I really thought friday night would attract plenty of raiders fans to the game. How wrong I was and the noise from the crowd was really dissapointing. I must give a wrap to the fellas up in the eastern stand who were standing up and making plenty of noise and chants.
Without them there would honestly be no hope of creating a buzzing atmosphere at the game.

It just really pisses me off seeing what looks like a 20k + crowd every time the brumbies play.
I made it down to the game on friday and for an area like the ACT it shouldnt matter if your team is winning or not there should be plenty of passion and flare. Just look at townsville even when the cowboys were not doing so well there crowds would be promising.
All I can say is I hope the problem gets fixed real soon and 14 something 000 for a friday night game against the reigning premiers is not acceptable.
Full credit to all the eastern stand mob that were packed in and making noise! :D

greeneyed

First Grade
Penrith traditionally DOES draw poorly at Canberra Stadium. This is cause there are a lot of people in the area who still support clubs like St George (ugh) or others like Parramatta....

paulquinn49

Bench
Honestly Canberra is as bad as Roosters crowd wise.

You have all these poor arse f**kers down Manuka trying to impress while they drink their stupid little coffee's. I was coming through Manuka it was bloody packed

Raider Ultra

Bench
I would say the Green Brigade membership has been bought mostly by people looking for a cheap season ticket. For something like that to kick off it needs organisation, like the excellent job Paul, Simon and many other have done with Bay 25. The army is growing, from what I saw on Friday we had numerous people come up and ask how to join.

The wheels on your house go round, round, round ;-)

Raider Ultra

Bench
I would say the Green Brigade membership has been bought mostly by people looking for a cheap season ticket. For something like that to kick off it needs organisation, like the excellent job Paul, Simon and many other have done with Bay 25. The army is growing, from what I saw on Friday we had numerous people come up and ask how to join.

The wheels on your house go round, round, round ;-)

thickos

First Grade
greeneyed said:
thickos said:
Crowd tonight was appalling. Not good enough for 22 degrees, gorgeous Friday night blockbuster against the reigning premiers!!!

Plus #1 and I sat up in the Meninga stand (aka 'the morgue')...the only two people wearing jerseys in the entire BAY! :evil: :evil: :evil: Damn you corporate clowns!!!!

I would have gone if I could... but I bought my ticket anyway :)) I NEVER wear a jersey to the game, but that doesn't make me (as someone who sits in the Meninga Stand) any less of a supporter.

Must be first home game I have missed in 7years... :(((

I wasnt having a swipe at you greeneyed, or people that don't wear jerseys....just no visible sign of support at all was coming from this mob...noise, flags, colour....nothing. just sittting and watching in silence and bitching to security about us making noise. It's very disheartening.

greeneyed

First Grade
Well even up in the Meninga Stand, we DO chant... despite what you all think... :lol: :lol: :lol:

For something like that to kick off it needs organisation, like the excellent job Paul, Simon and many other have done with Bay 25. The army is growing, from what I saw on Friday we had numerous people come up and ask how to join.

That's correct, very true, and they are doing a good job of it. Heck, I would even be tempted to do it, but I didn't have the cash for it till a coupla weeks ago. I know I enjoy having a good time at the footy cheering on the team, not just clapping occasionally. The problem is I am too lazy to organise something #-o

I could hear the chants from the terrace, I could understand them basically because I have an understanding of some of the songs...but I know the people around me didn't notice, perhaps it's because they don't care.

We can whinge all we like about the crowds, but it's a matter of getting people there. I remember when Bruce was cool, packed out, the huge flags on the hill, me being young and high on AC Cola....ah the days :mrgreen:

BAY72

Juniors
the old flags maybe lost and gone. but our voices will always carry on.

the fact is the oganisation has practicaly been done. for somone who likes getting in to it why not come round and check us out?

GreenForce

Juniors
Thats the best thing about this, the groundwork is done, and anyone who supports the raiders can enjoy. Congratulations to the blokes for doing such a great job at organising the crew in 25. For the rest of us it was a case of pay, turn up and yell your ass off. I hope the momentum just continues to build. If people know that there is an organised, entertaining group, they are more likely to show up and sing. Its going to be a ripper of a season, with some of the best raiders support yet.
Well worth the trip.
:clap:

reptar

Juniors
I must say I was quite impressed with the Bay 25 mob, too. I was going to go up and say hello but got distracted.... I sit at the front of Bay 27, pretty much at the half way mark.

BAY72

Juniors
reptar,
we were hoping you were going to come up.
look forward to seeing you next game.