What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMUX

I agree with you,

but wasn't it more of an NRL thing not a Dragons/Rooster thing? Seeming as though the NRL has to schedule it every year.

Warriors and Storm have a similar thing but its the NRL that makes it happen.

I believe the Roosters/Dragons have actually signed an agreement to play each other on ANZAC day now.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
I think most of the crowds last weekend were poor. Only the Bulldogs 19,000 and the Sharks 14,000 I consider acceptable.

Parramatta's crowd was sort of OK but really still a bit disappointing, but gee they badly need to build that southern grandstand at Parramatta Stadium. When there were hills at the ends of the ground Parra used to fit 25,000 and used to easily accomodate 20,000 for 2 or 3 big games a season. Now the stadium is all-seater it fits just on 20,000 and they always have 'sellouts' that only attract 17,000. Sometimes a smaller capacity actually drives fans away. If Parramatta had 25,000 seats I'm sure they would have got over 20,000 for the Dragons game.

Last edited:

Bluebags1908

Juniors
I criticise every club that gets a poor crowd. If you measure 16k against the size of the parra supporter base then its a poor crowd, and thats before you include the Dragons fans who were there.

11k would be a realistic crowd for us tonight but its still not good enough. Don't get me wrong i want every club to keep improving but sometimes the fans let the game dpwn by not turning up.

I think the problem with Parramatta Stadium is that it's actually too small now. That scares people away when it's close to a sellout. If they build that southern grandstand I reckon more prople would have turned up.

adamkungl

Immortal
There's a big 5 not a big 4. Dogs, Dragons, Souths, Tigers, Eels. In that order.

When we start winning we'll be #1 in just about every department.

Except Roosters have better crowds than Souths, Tigers, Eels, and better memberships than the Tigers. Big 5 :lol:

Bluebags1908

Juniors
ummm no they haven't... the Titans' crowds are on a downward spiral. That is a fact , you cannot argue that. Canberra's bottom crowd drawers have increased (Knights & Titans crowds were up by 2,000 despite our woeful season). The club is still on track to increase their average from last year, again despite our 8 losses in a row

all you're doing is looking purely at numbers, disregarding any subjective issues - that's why we're jumping down your throat. Not because we can't take any "constructive criticism". Also, please look up it's definition. It would entail that you suggest ways in which the crowds could improve, not merely just stating that they're shit

I agree, Gold Coast's crowds have been on a downward spiral for a few years now. And that is a big worry. But if you compare the average atendances they are still acceptable (so far) and are better than Canberra's. They got a poor crowd vs Panthers so this may not be the case in future years, but I'm only commenting on their crowds to date.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
I will be bagging Sydney crowds until there are fewer teams in this city. There is no room for 9 teams in Sydney. There is no excuse for images of near empty stadiums in a city of 4.6 million.

Then keep wasting your breath because those 9 Sydney teams are here for stay for a while yet.

What about those empty steats in Melbourne, Canberra, Gold Coast, Auckland? You seem to have selected eyesight and magically can't see those empty seats? Your problem is your selective biased criticism to suit your agenda. That's why most people don't rate your opinion on these forums.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
ummm no they haven't... the Titans' crowds are on a downward spiral. That is a fact , you cannot argue that. Canberra's bottom crowd drawers have increased (Knights & Titans crowds were up by 2,000 despite our woeful season). The club is still on track to increase their average from last year, again despite our 8 losses in a row

all you're doing is looking purely at numbers, disregarding any subjective issues - that's why we're jumping down your throat. Not because we can't take any "constructive criticism". Also, please look up it's definition. It would entail that you suggest ways in which the crowds could improve, not merely just stating that they're shit

OK, here's a suggestion - play more games on Sunday afternoon to avoid freezing weather at night games.

Sure, it's more of an NRL/Channel 9 scheduling problem that is out of the Raiders' control, but if I were the club that's what I'd be pushing for.

Brutus

Referee
I think the problem with Parramatta Stadium is that it's actually too small now. That scares people away when it's close to a sellout. If they build that southern grandstand I reckon more prople would have turned up.

Agree.

It's ridiculous how the capacity of that ground has shrunk over the years.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
It's such a shame there will only be 1 sunday afternoon at Leichhardt this year, that's 3 potential big crowds wasted. Having said that it looks like 15K+ there tonight.

nko11

Juniors
18,021 at Leichhardt Oval tonight! Fantastic effort! Can't wait until round 15, Hopefully a sunny day.

CC_Roosters

First Grade

Massive for a Monday Night!

Fantastic crowd and looks great on TV too.

So far the origin affected rounds, 11-13 have got 279,210 compared to the same rounds last year which got 226,116 through the gates. That is a big increase and sets us back on track for a good year crowd wise.

My conservative predictions for the rest of the origin period have us thrashing 2010's total by 50k+ assuming no washout weekends.

ozjet1

i was thinking of taking a lazy walk up and handing over $20-odd bucks for a game on the assumption that there wouldve been about 10k and a bit of room there.

good thing for me I didnt, but a great result for the match.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
i was thinking of taking a lazy walk up and handing over $20-odd bucks for a game on the assumption that there wouldve been about 10k and a bit of room there.

good thing for me I didnt, but a great result for the match.

So am i getting this right. You would rather be almost alone on the hill in a stale atmosphere than on a packed hill with a cracking atmosphere?

If i read that right you are either pissed or off your rocker:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.