What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I thought the big 4 were Dragons, Bulldogs, Tigers and Souths.
There's a big 5 not a big 4. Dogs, Dragons, Souths, Tigers, Eels. In that order.

When we start winning we'll be #1 in just about every department.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
*like*:thumn
I don't get the whole booing your own team, I know Parra fans are notorious for it, but it only makes sense to boo them after a game and not coming into it.
Pretty sure the whole Eels "booing their own team" thing is a chant for Fui, not booing.

MightySharks

Bench
Cronulla's crowds are quite reasonable compared to any other sydney club down the bottom of the ladder and infact better than quite a few.

12752 is the average this year, and in our biggest game of the year against the dragons it was played on a Monday in the poring rain.

The roosters average is only better because of the Anzac day game were Dragons fans make up most of the crowd.

To say that Cronulla has terrible crowds is not exactly true, people should look at their own clubs as well.

BunniesMan

Immortal
It's fine considering the opposition, where we are on the ladder, where we've been on the ladder since 2007. I think no club except for perhaps the Broncos and Bulldogs would have crowds like ours after a run like ours.

When we see real success, we will be averaging well over 20k.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It's fine considering the opposition, where we are on the ladder, where we've been on the ladder since 2007. I think no club except for perhaps the Broncos and Bulldogs would have crowds like ours after a run like ours.

When we see real success, we will be averaging well over 20k.
No, its f**king disgraceful. Only 400 more than the supposedly embarressing Canberra crowds, who by the way also played an interstate side and are at the bottom of the table.

Teddyboy

First Grade
If most of the money is coming from TV rights now Ticket prices need to be halved so TV viewers see full stadiums. It adds to the atmosphere.

So true and it also brings out the best in players.I have read comments from players like Dean Bell and Steve Roach and they said there was nothing worse then playing in front of low crowd.

RWB

Bench
Cronulla's crowds are quite reasonable compared to any other sydney club down the bottom of the ladder and infact better than quite a few.

12752 is the average this year, and in our biggest game of the year against the dragons it was played on a Monday in the poring rain.

The roosters average is only better because of the Anzac day game were Dragons fans make up most of the crowd.

To say that Cronulla has terrible crowds is not exactly true, people should look at their own clubs as well.

I don't get why people keep going on about this Anzac day game? Did someone forget to tell me that it's not a normal round game?

We all applaud teams who come up with initiatives to get supporters through the gates but when the Roosters & Dragons get a boost through theirs its like most people can't cop that they've got a great tradition and rivalry going. Like we've gained some sort of unfair and unjust advantage.

Is the NRL stopping clubs from coming up with similar ideas?

BDGS

Bench
I don't get why people keep going on about this Anzac day game? Did someone forget to tell me that it's not a normal round game?

We all applaud teams who come up with initiatives to get supporters through the gates but when the Roosters & Dragons get a boost through theirs its like most people can't cop that they've got a great tradition and rivalry going. Like we've gained some sort of unfair and unjust advantage.

I agree with you,

but wasn't it more of an NRL thing not a Dragons/Rooster thing? Seeming as though the NRL has to schedule it every year.

Warriors and Storm have a similar thing but its the NRL that makes it happen.

RWB

Bench
I agree with you,

but wasn't it more of an NRL thing not a Dragons/Rooster thing? Seeming as though the NRL has to schedule it every year.

Warriors and Storm have a similar thing but its the NRL that makes it happen.

Roosters asked the Dragons if I remember correctly, pretty sure we asked another club first can't remember the story exactly. Sure the NRL still have to set the dates but every club gets certain requests granted each year... like when you want your byes, home games etc etc

Same story with Storm & Warriors, they were the ones who initiated it not the NRL.

Nothing stopping other clubs... Our Good Friday clash has been a massive success too although unfortuante to fall on the date it did this year.

MightySharks

Bench

Fair enough, I am really just making the point tha Cronulla's crowds are not as bad as some in the rugby league community would have you believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.