What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, all those crowd numbers were fudged. No way was there 12k at Skilled Park, and the same with the SFS. Sydney FC crowds looked a lot like that that last season when raining, plus one of the end sections were half full, and they only recorded around 6k. 10k :lol:.

bobmar28

Bench
If most of the money is coming from TV rights now Ticket prices need to be halved so TV viewers see full stadiums. It adds to the atmosphere.

adamkungl

Immortal
IMO, all those crowd numbers were fudged. No way was there 12k at Skilled Park, and the same with the SFS. Sydney FC crowds looked a lot like that that last season when raining, plus one of the end sections were half full, and they only recorded around 6k. 10k :lol:.

There were a lot of people packed into the undercover areas.

DC_fan

Coach

I will not question the crowd at the SFS. It looked to me that many fans were up under the covered areas which makes it hard to judge crowd figures especially on TV.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I will not question the crowd at the SFS. It looked to me that many fans were up under the covered areas which makes it hard to judge crowd figures especially on TV.

I agree, my impression at the ground was 10-11k so probably right.

Still less than what i want at our games but from a realistic perspective, chooks in rubbish form on a saturday night with showers might have struggled for 8k in the past

Trains were a joke trackwork all over the place, had to go arse about face to get to epping, plus both were delayed by a few minutes.

When the IC is in place one of its porfolios will be to maximise the games revenue and the most logical way to do that in sports is to get more people though the gates. So it makes sense that they should put some focus on the crowd numbers

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Both ANZ and SFS crowd figures would've been correct, lots of people moved up to undercover areas when the rain began.

beave

Coach
yeah the SFS is like that when it rains, all the people go to the top of the lower section where it's undercover and you can't really see them on TV.

Brutus

Referee

There was defintely 10k at the SFS.

I've seen Waratahs games post 15-20k in rain when people are all huddled under cover.

I was thinking 12k for the Roosters game. 70 percent of the crowd were cheering for the Warriors. The Roosters were actually booed when they ran out.

Last edited:

user_nat

Coach
So we're supposed to buy the argument that SEQ needs another team when the Gold Coast has crowds declining to the point where Cronulla outdrew them against a team from another state on the same weekend?

Dear oh dear.

Maybe had the Titans sold $10 tickets? :?

Timmah

Staff member
Maybe had the Titans sold $10 tickets? :?

Maybe the Titans bloody well should. They charge ridiculous amounts for entry and the fans are voting with their feet. Bad performances + poor ticket prices.

Timmah

Staff member
I'd say 8,000. Then they'd be nearly full most weeks.
I know you're making a pisspoor attempt at trolling but how do you figure that when the NRL average is double that figure? :?

user_nat

Coach
Maybe the Titans bloody well should. They charge ridiculous amounts for entry and the fans are voting with their feet. Bad performances + poor ticket prices.

Oh I agree, they should at this point. Heck, they should be paying their fans to watch them.

Just comparing them to the Sharks this round was a silly point.

Hallatia

Referee
If you turn off a game of footy because there isn't a big crowd you are a f**king lunatic. I don't know about some of the other fruitcakes in this thread, but I watch the action on the field, not the people watching the game.
*like*:thumn
to be fair, people decide not to come before the game starts and you can't judge the actual quality of the game by the people who decided to come.

docbrown

Coach
*like*:thumn
I don't get the whole booing your own team, I know Parra fans are notorious for it, but it only makes sense to boo them after a game and not coming into it.

The best game I remember was a Newcastle local league match when the away team came out and instead of booing everyone just hissed.

Much more unexpected and off putting. They lost the game too.

Hallatia

Referee
The best game I remember was a Newcastle local league match when the away team came out and instead of booing everyone just hissed.

Much more unexpected and off putting. They lost the game too.
:lol: that's brilliant, I love that.

And that just goes to show that booing the opposition is perfectly logical and booing your own team as they come out is stupid and will likely wield booworthy performances.

docbrown

Coach
:lol: that's brilliant, I love that.

And that just goes to show that booing the opposition is perfectly logical and booing your own team as they come out is stupid and will likely wield booworthy performances.

Well I don't get booing your own team. It's up there with burning your jersey... :roll:

If your side loses 50-0, the best thing you can do is go see the players before they go back to the sheds and remind them there's another game next week and that there's people that believe in them.

I don't get why people leave their seats before the end of games either when their side looks like losing. I've seen some odd things happen in the final minutes of matches.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Problem at the titans is will the ticket prices come down anytime soon? Probably not, so this could be a problem long into the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts