What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

undertaker

Coach
Unless the Knights can muster something here in the second half, it looks like next week's matches are

Wests Tigers vs Warriors at SFS
Broncos vs Dragons at Suncorp

For the sake of both tv ratings and crowds, I'd like to see both Warriors and Dragons next week, so we have

Sea Eagles vs Dragons at ANZ
Storm vs Warriors at Etihad

I think the Warriors, they were terrible yesterday, but if they can get their act together and win on Friday, they're a BIG chance against the Storm. And the Storm knows this.

undertaker

Coach
Another interesting observation is that the Saturday night SF will be at 6:30pm instead of 7:30pm, due to the Wallabies/Ireland match. Given that the Wallabies also play on Sept 23 at 6:30pm AEST, will this affect the timeslot of the PF held on that night?

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Rabs and Gus questioning the crowds posted today and last night is absolutely disgusting especially with it being broadcasted into Vic. Are they aware people sit on the western side of stadiums?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Tigers V Warriors on Friday at the SFS ... 30K
Broncos V Dragons at Suncorp on Sat ... sellout 52K
( this WILL be Locky's last game in Brisbane ... one way or the other )

this will have us more then 60K ahead of finals crowds from 2010

best results for crowds
Warriors & Dragons winning

best results for TV ratings
Broncos & Tigers winning

who I think will win
Dragons & Tigers

best of both worlds ;-)

undertaker

Coach
Tigers V Warriors on Friday at the SFS ... 30K
Broncos V Dragons at Suncorp on Sat ... sellout 52K
( this WILL be Locky's last game in Brisbane ... one way or the other )

this will have us more then 60K ahead of finals crowds from 2010

best results for crowds
Warriors & Dragons winning

best results for TV ratings
Broncos & Tigers winning

who I think will win
Dragons & Tigers

best of both worlds ;-)

I pretty much agree with your crowd predictions. Barring bad weather, I'd be disappointed if Tigers/Warriors drew less than 30k for a Wk2 final.

Yes, Broncos/Dragons match means that this will be the Broncos 4th home game in a row. I wonder when was the last time a team had 4 home matches in a row.

undertaker

Coach
Well, if the Warriors can turn things around and somehow win, the Storm/Warriors PF at Etihad has a lot of potential to attract a big crowd, especially if the Warriors fans turn up in numbers like they did for the ANZAC game earlier this year. Also, weather won't be a factor with the game being played under a closed roof. However, if Collingwood also get drawn to play on Saturday night, this AGAIN could have a huge impact on the potential for the Storm to maximise their crowd. Either way or another, I can see this matchup breaking the previous record of approximately 33,000 which was achieved against Parramatta in 2007.

However, if the Tigers win, I think Storm/Tigers won't get anymore than 25000. For convenience, this matchup should be played at AAMI Park, but only Etihad and MCG are the two designated grounds in Melbourne that are allowed to host Preliminary Finals (with the MCG being ruled out this year, as both AFL Preliminary Finals will be at the MCG).

*Paul*

Juniors
Yes, Broncos/Dragons match means that this will be the Broncos 4th home game in a row. I wonder when was the last time a team had 4 home matches in a row.

Home games didn't really exist until the 70s. Souths played 13 games on the trot at the SCG 1925-1926, as did Balmain at Birchgrove in 1908-09.

Canterbury played 7 times in a row at Belmore in 1980, and 5 times at Stad Aus in 2007-08 as more recent examples.

azza29

Juniors
Average crowd at best in Melbourne today - obviously the Bombers/Blues game, and the live broadcast had a bigger impact than expected. Bugger all away crowd, maybe 150 Knights supporters there?

Brutus

Referee
Rabs and Gus questioning the crowds posted today and last night is absolutely disgusting especially with it being broadcasted into Vic. Are they aware people sit on the western side of stadiums?

I thought that was utterly pathetic, especially when the crowds didn't looked fudged at all.

So typical of those two idiots.

Brutus

Referee
I pretty much agree with your crowd predictions. Barring bad weather, I'd be disappointed if Tigers/Warriors drew less than 30k for a Wk2 final.

In 2003 Canberra played the Warriors in a week 2 semi at the SFS. I'm pretty sure the crowd was over 30k.

So we should be right.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Brutus I think a number of tickets were bought from their CEO in 2003 sold to the fans, and I reckon there were over 10,000 Warriors fans.

If reckon they pull off the same move they'll probably get more than the Raiders/Warriors crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts