What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

azza29

Juniors
Storm vs Tigers at Etihad on Saturday night: 20000-30000
Storm vs Warriors at Etihad on Saturday night: 30000-40000

I think a Storm/Tigers prelim would probably be played at AAMI. Storm/Warriors could well draw 40k plus at Docklands though.

jimmee007

Juniors
As much as I hate Manly and agree that last night was a pathetic turnout.

If any game needed a assitance in getting a crowd it was this one.

The 8:30 saturday game is a disgrace. It is way too late to start a footy game and whom ever played was going to get a smaller then expected crowd. The hardcore fans where always going to turn up but it is non hardcore fans we need at finals time.

This definatley needs to be changed for Sunday 2pm/4 pm Double Header or move nine news for a 5:30/7:30 saturday night.

Also the lack of ability to move games to preferred timeslots in the Mcintrye system will never let us get maximum crowd numbers when trying to reign in fair wether september supporters.

I believe September(finals time) is the best time to get maximum revenue from your fair weather fans (1-2 game a year fans) and also potentially turn them into hardcore fans.

undertaker

Coach
just flicked over to the AFL for a bit and it looks perfectly sunny at the MCG. So, yes, 20000 would be the absolute minimum I'm expecting at AAMI Park. Coincidentially, the Storm did crack 20000 for their last regular season game against Newcastle in Rd 26 last year, which was played in overcast conditions.

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
What is melbourne looking like? Looks like 90k+ at the MCG so they will be doing well to get over 20K at AAMI

Are you really sure there's 90k+ there? The "world-famous" Collingwood could only manage 67k yesterday and Geelong/Hawthorn about 73k on Friday night. Although Collingwood were playing an interstate side, I do recall an article surfacing on here where Eddie McGuire was speaking to some NFL team and said that Collingwood average 80k+ a game. HAHAHAHA!

pcpp

Juniors
just flicked over to the AFL for a bit and it looks perfectly sunny at the MCG. So, yes, 20000 would be the absolute minimum I'm expecting at AAMI Park. Coincidentially, the Storm did crack 20000 for their last regular season game against Newcastle in Rd 26 last year, which was played in overcast conditions.

$1 tickets for that one though.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I think we are discovering this week that the presold numbers are bullshit

Absolutely and it doesn't help that the media put so much spotlight on the crowd numbers as half the time it emphasises the disappointment when its not as large as they play it up to be.

Looks like 16K IMO

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
yeah not a great crowd at AAMI
theres a few in the top tier behind the camera , so 15 or 16K will pull it up which is dissapointing
the Knights just aren't a draw card ... & the crowd at the boggerball must have put a few off

lets hope its more then double this turnout for the prelim final at Etihad in a few weeks

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Rubbish crowd or not at the SFS, it will be a week 1 record regardless of what is posted at AAMI, so it is progress of sorts and if we can drag a few clubs (Manly, Penrith, Sharks) up in terms of crowds in the next few years we will be flying high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts