What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

docbrown

Coach
Fitler mentioned it being a sellout yet Rabs said the crowd was down a bit. It looks rather packed to me but Parramatta Stadium can be deceptive.

The NRL needs to get better at promoting the Western Sydney clashes to ensure that the majority of games attract big crowds regardless of ladder positions.

Panthers, Tigers, Bulldogs and Eels can play 2 games (home and away) against each other and have them marketed as such. They could even have a Western Sydney Cup. Their performances against each other would be close enough that the last 2 games (say WTvPP, CBvPE) played in the same 'final' round (say Round 22) would actually decide the best Western Sydney team.

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Sell out at Parra, my mates tried to go and couldnt get in

empties must be no show members then.

doc brown thats a fantastic idea. Like a competition within a competition, don't many clubs play for trophies against each other already? So no reason, why the 4 Western Sydney teams cant play for a trophy.

docbrown

Coach
empties must be no show members then.

doc brown thats a fantastic idea. Like a competition within a competition, don't many clubs play for trophies against each other already? So no reason, why the 4 Western Sydney teams cant play for a trophy.

Well there's no real reason why they can't do this. Our game is built around rivalries so the more the better.

Just needs a catchy name - Western Showdown etc - and you have 12 games that you can market.

Fitler mentioned it being a sellout yet Rabs said the crowd was down a bit. It looks rather packed to me but Parramatta Stadium can be deceptive.

The NRL needs to get better at promoting the Western Sydney clashes to ensure that the majority of games attract big crowds regardless of ladder positions.

Panthers, Tigers, Bulldogs and Eels can play 2 games (home and away) against each other and have them marketed as such. They could even have a Western Sydney Cup. Their performances against each other would be close enough that the last 2 games (say WTvPP, CBvPE) played in the same 'final' round (say Round 22) would actually decide the best Western Sydney team.

Very smart idea Doc.

Brutus

Referee

Absolutely brilliant idea.

My dream now is for your real name to be Chris Zarra.

We need ideas like this on the IC.

Best idea I've heard in while.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Absolutely brilliant idea.

My dream now is for your real name to be Chris Zarra.

We need ideas like this on the IC.

Best idea I've heard in while.

These ideas do sound good in theory.

Yet I feel the stronger the push for Intra-Sydney rivalries the less reason we give fans of those clubs to attend games versus out of town sides. It's going to be a very ordinary situation when one week you'll have 30000 at Parra Stadium then the next only 5000 because fans are being sent the message that watching an out of town team is not worth the effort.

I come at this not as someone who is anti-Sydney, I've nothing but great love and respect for the tribalism of the town.

docbrown

Coach
I don't think you can get 30,000 at Parramatta, it was a sell out tonight.

That said - once you get people used to physically putting their bums on seats, the more you can encourage them to repeat it - hence the membership and marketing drive.

More reasons to attend games = more members = more fans at home games featuring non-Sydney teams.

Just in my opinion.

Last edited:

dgsfan

Juniors
Great crowd. It's weird that a team outside the 8 can get close to 20,000, but Stain couldn't even get 16,000 to a finals game. Premieres lol

Status
Not open for further replies.