What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crowd Watch 2011 is back and bigger and better I assume with the increase in memberships providing we have good weather for majority of the season it be a record-breaking one for sure.

BDGS

Bench
Pre-match ticket sales today broke the 16-year-old record for the biggest home crowd in the Vodafone Warriors' history as the countdown continued for the eagerly-anticipated 2011 NRL season-opening 'Battle of Eden' against Parramatta tomorrow night.

While delighted with the achievement, Vodafone Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah stressed there were still plenty of good seats available for the encounter.

"It's a great outcome to be able to set a new mark for the biggest home crowd in our history," he said.

"But there are still plenty of good seats available in most areas of the ground and there's lots of time for fans to pre-purchase their tickets or to turn up tomorrow to buy them at the gate.

"It's reasonable to think now that the crowd should reach 35,000 and possibly quite a bit more provided the weather remains favourable. We'd urge everyone interested to go to www.ticketek.co.nz to check out the options and buy their tickets now or visit Mad Butcher outlets at Albany, Glen Innes, Manukau. Mangere East and Papkura.

"We have set a new mark for our biggest home crowd and now everyone who comes along tomorrow will know they're helping to lift the record to even greater heights."

Late this morning sales went past the 32,174 crowd figure achieved against the Illawarra Steelers in round six of the club's debut year in the Australian competition in 1995.

Until now the top five home attendances in the club's first 16 seasons were all set in 1995 but late by this afternoon sales for the historic clash at Eden Park were sitting at about 33,000.

With the season-opener still more than 24 hours away, the Eden Park attendance tomorrow is already more than double that for the Vodafone Warriors' first home game of the 2010 season against Cronulla at Mount Smart Stadium. That game drew a crowd of only 15,314.

The 'Battle of Eden' is a landmark occasion as the first NRL game ever played at Eden Park and also the first time the Vodafone Warriors have played a home game anywhere other than Mount Smart Stadium, or Ericsson Stadium as it used to be known.

Scurrah said supporters would be able to pre-purchase tickets and save tomorrow or buy at the gate where a range of game day options will be available. The Gate A box office in the ASB Stand in Walters Road will be open from 10.00am with box offices at all other gates selling tickets from 2.00pm.

Game day ticket prices start at $15 for children, $35 for adults and $100 family packages (two adults plus three children).

http://www.rleague.com/content/article.php?id=38627

Perth Red

Post Whore
great news for Warriors. Will they look to move homes in the future do you think? I always thought Mt Smart looked a bit unfinished and souless as a stadium.

BDGS

Bench
Mt Smart has undergone recent upgrades, i don't see the Warriors moving to Eden Park fulltime for a number of years yet.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Somehow I don't see their membership base agreeing to move to Eden Park permanently, ever.

user_nat

Coach
Interesting. Earlier in the week most ticket categories for the Broncos V Cowboys game were "Allocation Exhasted", but now they are all available again.

Maybe that's normal?

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Interesting. Earlier in the week most ticket categories for the Broncos V Cowboys game were "Allocation Exhasted", but now they are all available again.

Maybe that's normal?

Yeah happens all the time, that's ticketek holding back tickets for some stupid reason. This is why matches get reported as 'sold out' when there are tickets still available.
I don't understand why they do this as it just confuses people.

some11

Referee
Yeah happens all the time, that's ticketek holding back tickets for some stupid reason. This is why matches get reported as 'sold out' when there are tickets still available.
I don't understand why they do this as it just confuses people.

Could be for the walk-up crowd?

age.s

First Grade
Somehow I don't see their membership base agreeing to move to Eden Park permanently, ever.

Why do you say that? I could understand if the venue was not going to be available alot of the time, but surely Eden Park being a much better stadium might be enough to influence some people?

For the Raiders, tipping around 14k against Cronulla. Possibly could go as high as 18k but I doubt it. Canberra Day holiday sees a lot of Canberrans go down to the South Coast for one last weekend at the beach before winter sets in.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Why do you say that? I could understand if the venue was not going to be available alot of the time, but surely Eden Park being a much better stadium might be enough to influence some people?

As I understand the experience for many fans and even Warriors members at last years 4N double header was pretty ordinary. I remember hearing people complain about the stadium.

AuDragon

Juniors
Broncos game as of 5pm local time:

Gold Single seats only
Maroon Limited seats only
Blue Available
White Available
Blue Unlicensed Limited seats only
White Unlicensed Available
Away Supporter Bay Alloc. Exhausted

The available sits are mostly in the stadium corners. I'm guessing the crowd will be in the neighbourhood of 47.500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts