What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
i think it might also be magnified by the choice of seat colour. a group of people in broncos jerseys blend into the maroon seats at times.
The opposite to the GABBA's maroon/yellow/white seat configuration. Makes it look like its a full house when its not.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
That's bullsh*t about ticketek and the seat colours

It's obvious that the 3 bays either side of the 50m line on the western side are more expensive than the
Other bays because you can always see that the 4th bay along on both sides is absolutely choc a bloc

I'm guessing there are still people wearing broncos jumpers in these bays but they don't tend to look like a plastic maroon seat. Der

manoj p

Juniors
Ticketek sell seats in bunches. Sometimes there are gaps; single seats, two seats etc.

It ain't rocket science.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Good crowd and brilliant atmosphere tonight, i thought it looked about 30K were i was sitting on the eastern side. One complaint, the staff at the food joints are bloody slow, plus they ran out of coke just before half time at the one i was at!!

manoj p

Juniors
Probably a key point to make is that the SFS game was a Chooks home match.

You would take nearly 30,000 for a Chooks game any day of the week, given their traditional struggles in this area.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
That will go easily.

Looks like it will be smashed given the warriors have 33k sold + there will be a walk up, as well as the titans, storm, doggies to get 20K.

Just the headlines the game needs after the usual pre season media beat up, crowd records smashed!

blukablu

Juniors
Cowboys have been sh*t for ages now plus the fact QLD has copped some terrible weather lately and footy wouldn't be the first thing on most peoples mind, give them a break.

Also a grand final two days later. Without the A-League on it should have been equal or over last years crowd.

manoj p

Juniors
The A League will be lucky to get 45119 even for their GF. Especially if the weather is as bad as it was at the footy.

fanatique

Juniors
so is that 28k for Easts V Souffs? Not bad, but considering the rivalry and hype it should have got more.

I thought it could have, and probably should have, topped 30,000 but 28,703 is the third biggest R1 attendance between the clubs and well above the average. Good start to the season in Sydney.

saint pebba

Coach
we could easily crack 200 thousand if we can get the following crowds:

warriors - 36k
titans - 25k
storm - 20k
panthers - 20k
raiders -15k
dogs - 25k

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The A League will be lucky to get 45119 even for their GF. Especially if the weather is as bad as it was at the footy.

As much as I love to see league crowds win out, the A-League has already sold 50,000+ tickets. Allowing for no-shows, the crowd would be minimum 46-47k IMO.

Teddyboy

First Grade
I thought it could have, and probably should have, topped 30,000 but 28,703 is the third biggest R1 attendance between the clubs and well above the average. Good start to the season in Sydney.
Just watched the game on record with a couple of beers on Premier Sport in the UK(6 games every weekend for £6.99 a month) and the crowd,game,atoms was f**king great and thats from my tv in dumb down Magpie country.

Teddyboy

First Grade
And a 3k jump from the year previous.

45k and 28k = solid start with more to come.

Nearly 74k at the RL tonight. Nice...
f**king ignore the numbers freaks who have problems with a 'ggod crowd but 2000/3000 less' lot.

Teddyboy

First Grade
so is that 28k for Easts V Souffs? Not bad, but considering the rivalry and hype it should have got more.

Bollocks that was a great crowd as the same fixture last year in rd 1 was at Stadium Australia and drew 23149.
And in 2009 it drew 24486 at the SFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.