What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC_fan

Coach
WTF is happening in Townsville?

The area could be still from the economic impact of the Cyclone early this year.

But in saying that ther crowds have been dropping since 2007.

A good sign is that tonights crowd was above their season avergae.

Serc

First Grade
Really impressed with the crowd in Newcastle...genuinely starting to show the effect of the 'Tinkler tickets'. Membership drive has generated nearly 7k new members in the past 2 months...quite sure these are ticketed members as well:

00001000-image.jpg

docbrown

Coach
Really impressed with the crowd in Newcastle...genuinely starting to show the effect of the 'Tinkler tickets'. Membership drive has generated nearly 7k new members in the past 2 months...quite sure these are ticketed members as well:

00001000-image.jpg

With Wayne coaching next year and Tinkler having even more time to strategise (rather than coming in a third of the way into the season), I think next season we'll likely set our highest home average.

I've been talking to quite a few of the people who sit nearby. One lot couldn't make it this week so their parents (in their 60's) came instead. The old lady was so worked up the whole row of seats were rattling.

NRLMad

Juniors
The bennett factor in Newcastle will push your average to 20K. I hope after he stays with you guys for a while he goes to Souths. They need help.

DC_fan

Coach
A part from the Knights win their was another positive to come out of the game last night, and that was the crowd.

Even if the weather was good I didn't expect more then 15,000. The fact they had 18,000 plus fans there in poor weather is a good sign. The figure was above their season average.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
WTF is happening in Townsville?
They had some absolutely horrid seasons and the loyal fans finally had enough. Hopefully they will start coming back when they realise that this season is not a false dawn. The loyalty of cowboys fans and their turnouts to watch them since 1995 has been one of the great positives for the game. They'll be back.

beave

Coach
I honestly think for us it's the out of towners that didn't renew their season tickets due to the rubbish last few years and didn't want to commit the $$$ to having to come every few weeks to Tvl. I just hope for next year they do come back and not be content with watching it on Fox like I am sure they are doing this year. Tvl ain't big enough to support the club by itself fan wise, whilst about 185k live here a lot of these people are not from NQ as it has a very high transient percentage thanks to the military, uni and the mines. The people up here have shown they will support the club through thick and thin, but this year following 3 real poor ones and the other dramas well documented in NQ, I think we are trucking along as expected. We've had better turn outs when we've been going rubbish so our crowd numbers aren't based solely on results, there are other factors at work I'm afraid.

Would be nice as well to not have to pay $6 for a mid strength beer as well............ f**king ridiculous.

BunniesMan

Immortal
No offense to the people out there but there never shouldn't have been a team in NQLD for quite a while.

The fact that they rely on out of towners who have to drive for hours to get to the game for solid numbers means they're inherently at risk to bad crowds after drops in form.

Coupled with the fact that it's hard to attract quality players to go up there because it's so small and out of the way (Thurston is the exception that proves the rule) and it really was a poor choice for expansion back in the 90s.

The 4th team in for 1995 should have been Adelaide.

beave

Coach
you are an A grade f**kwit.

I can't even be bothered slamming you in here with a decent retort that points out every flaw in your f**ked out logic as I reckon there will be other neutrals who will do it for me.

Billythekid

First Grade
you are an A grade f**kwit.

I can't even be bothered slamming you in here with a decent retort that points out every flaw in your f**ked out logic as I reckon there will be other neutrals who will do it for me.

I started typing one out but just sort of gave up halfway through because it's a waste of time.

I think a lot of people don't seem to realise how spoilt we have been with the cowboys fantastic crowds for a fair while.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
No offense to the people out there but there never shouldn't have been a team in NQLD for quite a while.

The fact that they rely on out of towners who have to drive for hours to get to the game for solid numbers means they're inherently at risk to bad crowds after drops in form.

Coupled with the fact that it's hard to attract quality players to go up there because it's so small and out of the way (Thurston is the exception that proves the rule) and it really was a poor choice for expansion back in the 90s.

The 4th team in for 1995 should have been Adelaide.

I think you have to remember the ARL expanded to a 2nd Brisbane team, a Perth Team , a NZ team all in one season, they needed a 4th and NQ made sense.

At the team ARL was flying, I am sure there were plans to add Adelaide and maybe Melbourne in the coming years for a truly national 22 team comp.

This would of happened and RL would be number 1 sport in Australia, if some media f**kwits hadnt decided to have a civil war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts