What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Cowboys will get their best crowd of the year so far. They are in good form, interest from Origin with the performances of their players in the game and sadly they will be paying tribute to Sam Faust.

I hope so ... every week everyone has been saying

it has to be near 20K this week
then the next game .. it has to be near 20K this week !!

& so far in 2011 their attendances have all been a massive let down
I spose we're basing all of this & what the Cowboys used to draw ( wooden spooners who you could count on to get 20K every week) .. sadly maybe the days are gone forever & as sad as the death of Sam Faust is .. they shouldn't need that to drag them out...
its not as though this side isn't putting in .. they are top 4 ATM & will probably stay there for at least another week as I think They'll get the Chooks

age.s

First Grade
I hope so ... every week everyone has been saying

it has to be near 20K this week
then the next game .. it has to be near 20K this week !!

& so far in 2011 their attendances have all been a massive let down
I spose we're basing all of this & what the Cowboys used to draw ( wooden spooners who you could count on to get 20K every week) .. sadly maybe the days are gone forever & as sad as the death of Sam Faust is .. they shouldn't need that to drag them out...
its not as though this side isn't putting in .. they are top 4 ATM & will probably stay there for at least another week as I think They'll get the Chooks

You're forgetting the cyclone. Money would be an enormous issue for people up there at the moment.

Evenflow

Bench
Isn't it also Smith's 200th? That has to be a fairly big deal.

It is his 200th and it is a big deal which Storm fans will celebrate but it still doesn't change the fact that those events are still on the same time as our game which will almost certainly impact the crowd. It's just a shame that Cam's milestone happens to fall on that day and also against one of our lowest drawing sides. That said i hope i'm wrong and we a few thousand more than 10k.

Raiderdave

First Grade
You're forgetting the cyclone. Money would be an enormous issue for people up there at the moment.

there have been cyclones in Nth Qld since ... well since white people settled there :sarcasm:
& some pretty rough big ones too like the one back in Feb this year ...
didn't stop people going to Cowboys games before
don't think its the reason now either

to_ddeath

Coach
Even with Smiths 200th, somehow even if a shit attendance occurs, the Storm crowd figure will end up being approximately 10,088-ish no matter how few people get there.

T.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
tonights crowd will be a shocker, bad feeling that its fallen at the wrong time. 32k is my tip and will not get near 40k IMO

BDGS

Bench
Seven are reporting that 40k is expected. Broncos members should of been allowed in for free. Let them have 13 games.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Seven are reporting that 40k is expected. Broncos members should of been allowed in for free. Let them have 13 games.

would have been the proper thing to do, but from memory the game wasn't sorted until after member packages were released?

DC_fan

Coach
Dyring the sport on C.9 news they crossed to Suncorp Stadium. This was about 40-45 mins before kickoff. The crowd at that time did not look good. Hopefully there will be a late roll up of fans.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
I think the idea is going stale to be honest, Brisbane members should have been let in for free. I don't think many people are staying to watch both games either, the dogs/titans fans probably won't turn up until the second game.

Whatever the crowd though, it's more than they would have got at Brookvale/ANZ.

Eelectrica

Referee
This is the first double header I've missed. With the Titans going so horribly I just couldn't be bothered. Sorry, went last year and the year before that though.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
32,200?

I paid that much for my car.
It shouldn't be the drawing power of two Qld teams away game or not.

tbh most on here seen it coming a mile off. The concept seems to have lost its thrill in SEQ. Still shocking from the self proclaimed RL capital

STG-MACCA

Bench
I think the timing is off for an event such as this. I realize it has worked in the past but the reality is times are tough and people paying upwards of $50 for a ticket to a match twice in the same week is going to be a struggle for most. Origin is going to win out when people need to choose, and to be honest two games in three days for the average fan is possibly too much.

I am an avid rugby league fan and generally watch every match and attend every saints match and this weekend I am also going to Monday nights match but tonight I have lost interest in watching the games. I can't tell you why exactly, maybe it's nine and their crap, or maybe having stars on the sideline or possibly coz my tip went down in the first match lol, or maybe it's because origin was just a few days ago!

I think the idea is going stale to be honest, Brisbane members should have been let in for free. I don't think many people are staying to watch both games either, the dogs/titans fans probably won't turn up until the second game.

Whatever the crowd though, it's more than they would have got at Brookvale/ANZ.

When I was at the double header in Sydney in 2008 (Tigers/Sea Eagles and Eels/Dogs), after the first game finished there was flocks of people leaving the ground and flocks coming in. Probably only 70% of the crowd stays for both games, the rest leave/arrive after the first game finishes.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think they need to get real with the timing and tv issues surrounding the double header and maybe use the Super Saturday format for it in 2012. The Bulldogs are committed to going to Suncorp again in 2012 as is my understanding and if Brisbane are scheduled the same weekend, Saturday night footy would be a good choice IMO, or even Sunday arvo. Make it an event everyone in Brisbane can easily get to without them worrying about the Friday work rush.

I'd probably wanna drop something in here about how Brisbane's stranglehold on good crowds up there is slipping but meh, the respective games if played at Brookie and ANZ combined would probably have only just (if at all) added up to the total crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.