What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
NRL should really promote Sunday as 'Super Sunday' in Sydney. 4 Sydney clubs playing on a Sunday Afternoon in large stadiums.

ouwet

Bench
Eels v Panthers @ Parra = 18,500
Raiders v Broncos @ Canberra = 16,000
Storm v Titans @ AAMI = 14,000
Tigers v Warriors @ Leichhardt = 17,500
Cowboys v Knights @ DFS = 18,000
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs @ ANZ = 33,000
Roosters v Sea Eagles @ SFS = 16,800
Sharks v Dragons @ Toyota = 16,500

Total - 150,300
Average - 18,787

CC_Roosters

First Grade
NRL should really promote Sunday as 'Super Sunday' in Sydney. 4 Sydney clubs playing on a Sunday Afternoon in large stadiums.

great idea, they need to grab every promo opportunity to maximise our crowd potential. Ticket offers, heavily discounted family passes for the day and blitz the radio and papers.

Round 2

Eels v Panthers 19k
Raiders v Broncos 20k
Storm v Titans 15k
Tigers v Warriors 15k
Cowboys v Knights 16k
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs 32k
Roosters v Sea Eagles 21k
Sharks v Dragons 17k

total = 155k
av = 19,375

Hard to judge the cowboys IMO, will that win be enough to bring people back after the last few years? The wabbits v dogs could potentiall hit the high 30's depending on the media build up and weather i suppose.

applesauce

Bench
great idea, they need to grab every promo opportunity to maximise our crowd potential. Ticket offers, heavily discounted family passes for the day and blitz the radio and papers.

Round 2

Eels v Panthers 19k
Raiders v Broncos 20k
Storm v Titans 15k
Tigers v Warriors 15k
Cowboys v Knights 16k
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs 32k
Roosters v Sea Eagles 21k
Sharks v Dragons 17k

total = 155k
av = 19,375

Hard to judge the cowboys IMO, will that win be enough to bring people back after the last few years? The wabbits v dogs could potentiall hit the high 30's depending on the media build up and weather i suppose.

If they pull this off it will help.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-farmers-stadium/story-e6frep66-1226021386375

There will be plenty of media attention etc.

Raiderdave

First Grade
far too many low predictions for the Raiders game

15,500 ......:?
paaaleasseeee :crazy:

we'll tickle 20K
there were plenty who wanted to go on Sunday .. but were either away for the long weekend ..
went to the races ( Black Opal is our melbourne cup )
or it was too friggin hot

they'll all be there on Friday night

Dragon Dave

Bench
Can't see many Scum fans putting on their gumboots and heading down to the Swamp on a Monday night.

I reckon 16K max with 60% Saints fans.

BDGS

Bench
With 30 to go crowd looks around 11 000

What is reasons not to listen dgsfan?

I was at the game myself, it certainly filled up with 45 minutes to go. What were you doing on a forum site while at the ground? very silly.

BDGS

Bench
Round 2
Eels v Panthers @ Parra = 18,000
Storm v Titans @ AAMI = 13,000
Tigers v Warriors @ Leichhardt = 14,000
Cowboys v Knights @ DFS = 17,000
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs @ ANZ = 32,000
Roosters v Sea Eagles @ SFS = 29,000
Sharks v Dragons @ Toyota = 19,000

158,000, average 19,750

Your dreaming.

BDGS

Bench
Round 2
Eels v Panthers @ Parra = 17,000
Storm v Titans @ AAMI = 15,000
Tigers v Warriors @ Leichhardt = 18,000
Cowboys v Knights @ DFS = 17,000
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs @ ANZ = 33,000
Roosters v Sea Eagles @ SFS = 19,000
Sharks v Dragons @ Toyota = 18,000

not one breaking 20k?

sad state.

BDGS

Bench
great atmosphere at ANZ stadium last night. People who bag it when its not full i bet the people who bag it are people who only go there when there are large crowd pulling games i.e. origin, finals, derbies etc.

but last night with 26,700 k it was a great atmosphere.

Chook Norris

First Grade
far too many low predictions for the Raiders game

15,500 ......:?
paaaleasseeee :crazy:

we'll tickle 20K
there were plenty who wanted to go on Sunday .. but were either away for the long weekend ..
went to the races ( Black Opal is our melbourne cup )
or it was too friggin hot

they'll all be there on Friday night

well Canberra crowds have been disappointing for a while now.. prove us doubters wrong and we won't assume anything negative :?
Perhaps 15,500 was a little pessimistic.. but i cant see you guys hitting 20k

morley101

Juniors
Eels v Panthers @ Parra = 19,000
Raiders v Broncos @ Canberra = 19,000
Storm v Titans @ AAMI = 14,000
Tigers v Warriors @ Leichhardt = 18,000
Cowboys v Knights @ DFS = 19,000
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs @ ANZ = 30,000
Roosters v Sea Eagles @ SFS = 14,000
Sharks v Dragons @ Toyota = 18,000

beave

Coach
the weather up here in NQ has been dire for 2 weeks (rain wise).

A lot of the roads have been cut and the reopened for short periods of time, it's going to be like this for the next 10 days apparently so the crowd figure at DFS on saturday might be down a bit on what we would normally get for a knights game (17-19k) due to people not being able to get to TVL.

Serc

First Grade
Yup, around 300-350mm in the past week, with a further 40mm since 9am today...hadn't thought of the closed roads problem...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Titans crowd was woeful.

Season opener, close to 45-50% of the crowd was Dragons fans. Where the hell have the Titans fans gone?

They need to reduce prices. That's the only explanation I can think of.
Perhaps 'woeful' for the Gold Coast but not for St George. The red and white contingent just about outnumbered the Titans fans.

21,000 could have easily been closer to 10,000 if Saints fans didn't travel or turn up.

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
I think the raiders could have a good crowd this week, we're coming off the back of a good win, and there is a great feeling about the raiders right now

we had canberra's biggest race day on last sunday, which im sure held back the best part of 2-3k of people. I think 18-22k is where the Raiders will get.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Perhaps 'woeful' for the Gold Coast but not for St George. The red and white contingent just about outnumbered the Titans fans.

21,000 could have easily been closer to 10,000 if Saints fans didn't travel or turn up.
Exactly my point.

The Titans crowds continue to decline, average of 21,000 in 2008 down to 17,000 in 2010. Could sink lower this year. The claim from supporters of QLD-based expansion bids is that Queensland can sustain and in fact is begging for another NRL team. The trends on the GC and in NQ suggest otherwise.

Chook Norris

First Grade
The trends on the GC and in NQ suggest otherwise.

I'd say there is an adequate explanation for both though. NQ were never going to sustain high crowds with the way there team has been performing since basically 2006 onwards. Adding to that, their encompassing population is relatively small

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Exactly my point.

The Titans crowds continue to decline, average of 21,000 in 2008 down to 17,000 in 2010. Could sink lower this year. The claim from supporters of QLD-based expansion bids is that Queensland can sustain and in fact is begging for another NRL team. The trends on the GC and in NQ suggest otherwise.
Gold Coast will get more fans if Searle cuts the prices to a reasonable level.

The cowboys have for a long period had some of the most loyal fans in the game. Their team has been absolutely shambolic for a while, if I was a cowboy fan I'd stay away in protest as well. Once the players put back some pride in the jersey the cowboy fans will return.

The thing with trends is that they are just that, they can change very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.