What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Gold Coast will get more fans if Searle cuts the prices to a reasonable level.

The cowboys have for a long period had some of the most loyal fans in the game. Their team has been absolutely shambolic for a while, if I was a cowboy fan I'd stay away in protest as well. Once the players put back some pride in the jersey the cowboy fans will return.

The thing with trends is that they are just that, they can change very quickly.

Isn't that a decision by the stadium management rather than the club? But if the club have done the pricing structure then i simply cannot comprehend the logic behind it.

How come the AFL can get Carrara upgraded using taxpayers money yet the ticketing is so much cheaper

BDGS

Bench
They beat Brisbane in Brisbane in round 1.

They play at home this week, let's see if the fans react the way you are predicting or not.

applesauce

Bench
I can go to the best stadium in the world (Suncorp) and watch a double header (Broncos v Manly / Bulldogs v Titans) sit on halfway 20 rows back (so I can see above the players for the wider plays) for $40.

Or I could go to a regular Titans game at half way for $57....

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Isn't that a decision by the stadium management rather than the club? But if the club have done the pricing structure then i simply cannot comprehend the logic behind it.

How come the AFL can get Carrara upgraded using taxpayers money yet the ticketing is so much cheaper
Possibly, I am not sure who has control over ticket prices. Gold Coast crowds are a worry particularly as they have had success in their short lifespan.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I can go to the best stadium in the world (Suncorp) and watch a double header (Broncos v Manly / Bulldogs v Titans) sit on halfway 20 rows back (so I can see above the players for the wider plays) for $40.

Or I could go to a regular Titans game at half way for $57....
$57 is criminal.

beave

Coach
They beat Brisbane in Brisbane in round 1.

They play at home this week, let's see if the fans react the way you are predicting or not.

and how do you propose the fans get here seeing as it's likely the roads are going to be cut this week again......................

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
and how do you propose the fans get here seeing as it's likely the roads are going to be cut this week again......................
Mate, the bloke you're talking to has got no idea.

Cowboys fans will come out and support their team like they always have. One of the great moments of the last decade in rugby league was the reception that Townsville and surrounds gave to their footy team in Grand final week 2005. The scenes at the airport that I saw on TV will be something I'll never forget.

Eels v Panthers 17 000
Raiders v Broncos 16 000
Storm v Titans 13 000
Tigers v Warriors 17 000
Cowboys v Knights 17 000
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs 30 000
Roosters v Sea Eagles 16 000
Sharks v Dragons 17 000

Average: 17 875

BDGS

Bench

I was being a smartarse, i'm aware of the situation up in North Queensland atm thanks mostly because your post on the topic. Thanks for that.

Don't take everything so seriously mate.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
It was just a bit of cloud talk really, I'm sure these two clubs will pull a great crowd regardless.

Then again, the first round was a tremendous surprise for me and it seems anything can happen really. None of us should be surprised if we were to end up with 35000 considering the strides our game is taking.

Spot On

Coach
???

Titans v Dragons was almost the same as it was last year. It was a fine crowd.

Storm v Sea Eagles was fine too - it was almost the same total for last years match between these two

I find it strange how you can talk down the Storm crowd, but talk up the Raiders 13k as C. Admitedly it was against the worst team in the comp, and several players were missing, I think in those circumstances its a reasonable crowd for Canberra.

The Panthers are not a big club for attendences. I am happy if they can average greater than 12k this year. You ain't exactly going to get a lot of travelling Knights fans to this one. Especially when they are probably hanging out for a home game in their refurbished stadium

EDIT - just on Storm vs Sea Eagles, what do you recon the same game would draw at that Sh!thole Brookvale?

I think the Gold Coast crowd was a disappointment. Half a million people on the Gold Coast and a 27000 seats at Skilled. Should have been a sell out. The home team v the Premiers..... drop your ticket prices Michael Searle.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Parramatta have been holding back a lot of tickets in the past week or so for the Panthers clash for last min new members that sign up which means a lot of people have been told there aren't many tickets available(and they give up trying after being told this)

Don't be surprised to see Parramatta stadium half full on friday night

Status
Not open for further replies.