What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

nko11

Juniors
Beautiful weather in sydney...

Questions I have - Why do Suns have more members than titans.?

Why do Suns have more facebook twitter followers than titans.?

Why will suns get a bigger opening round crowd than titans ?

Cmon goldie support your team

Titans have more facebook members than the suns, IF the suns get more to their first game than the titans its because it's their first game ever. Also because their tickets will be 5 times cheaper.

applesauce

Bench

Because the AFL has a culture of attendance built over 60years. Give RL another 10-15years to create the same kind of culture that we have only be trying for in the last 3.

Serc

First Grade
Come late arvo/early evening it should be pretty good on the Goldy...maybe one or two showers but more likely fine :)

PaulyTom

Juniors
Gold Coast weather may not help this evening with thunder storms and rain predicted. Gold Coast is still a massive rugby league city. What will help the Suns is that there is many victorians living in the south east corner of Queensland.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Sun is out currently in Auckland. 35-36K pre-sold, heres hoping for a strong walk up to nudge the 40k.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade

The Suns exist only because of the ridiculous amounts of funding from the AFL.

The Titans are self-sufficient.

Billythekid

First Grade
ummm
surely the same questions could be directed to Parramatta :shock:

Parra have far more members than the GWS and thats including all the BS Canberra memberships. I doubt the giants even have 2000 actual members from Sydney.

Hope Dugan and Orford being ruled out doesn't keep a few away tomorrow.

It's kind of pathetic if this is the sort of thing keeping people away from games. I know its the reality of the situation but it shows how little some RL fans care.

AuDragon

Juniors
Fox Sports just reported 40K+ at Eden Park. If true, that's a sensational attendance. Well done Kiwis! :clap:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
If that 40k + is true its not only fantastic but its the biggest bandwagon jump in the history of sports going from a 13k crowd average in 2010 to 40k first up in 2011

applesauce

Bench
FS said they were EXPECTING 40k+, official numbers are not in yet.

I think the record for the Warriors is 32k or 35k Tank, so it will be broken today.

Congrats to the Kiwis this attendance will easily smash all Warrior's attendances of the past I hope for a Warriors win and for the crowds to keep on coming at Mt Smart.

Billythekid

First Grade
Fantastic crowd, could go close to the highest non broncos crowd of the year.

Lets hope Melbourne and the GC come to the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts