What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByRd

First Grade
Two genius AFL teams(Richmond/Cartlon) get 60,654 last night and we can't even sell out a Queensland derby in a 27k stadium.

No wonder they laugh at us

And....this is NRL crowds, who gives a sh!t about the afl

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Cartlon and Richmond never make the finals yet they still put 60k in the opening round while NRL fans always use poor form of a team as a excuse for poor crowds

Bandwagon NRL scum fans

BDGS

Bench
Cartlon and Richmond never make the finals yet they still put 60k in the opening round while NRL fans always use poor form of a team as a excuse for poor crowds

How do you know that?

Either way, one could argue that the AFL pull big crowds all year but only pull a grand final crowd of 93,853, where the NRL that pulls 'sh*t' and 'amaturer' crowds according to you can pull a grand final crowd of 82,334, only 11k short of the AFL's. One could argue (i'm not of course) that if the NRL started pulling home and away season crowds the size of the AFL's we would get much more for our grand final then theirs.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
How do you know that?

Either way, one could argue that the AFL pull big crowds all year but only pull a grand final crowd of 93,853, where the NRL that pulls 'sh*t' and 'amaturer' crowds according to you can pull a grand final crowd of 82,334, only 11k short of the AFL's. One could argue (i'm not of course) that if the NRL started pulling home and away season crowds the size of the AFL's we would get much more for our grand final then theirs.

Idiot,the AFL grand final drew 100,016,the rematch drew 93,853

Drawing over 93k for a f**king stupid rematch concept is brilliant dipsh*t

BDGS

Bench

Alright, so same argument except change the 11k to 18k moron boy. You did realise though i said "One could argue (i'm not of course)".

You are so obviously a troll union/AFL/AwFuL, just piss off. If you think Rugby League is so sh*t that is needs to be continually bagged then lets us enjoy the 'small' things we do, does it hurt you that we like League and not the the other sports?

Piss off.

BDGS

Bench
Been great weather all day in Sydney's Wests, not sure about the city. Should be a good crowd tonight, i'm not sure what is the average crowd for Parra/Souths games at ANZ Stadium though.

ouwet

Bench

Bandwagon NRL scum fans

I can honestly say, I had no idea the AFL started yesterday! :lol:
Thought it started tonight...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Perfect, perfect PERFECT weather.

Tonight's game at ANZ has no excuse to not draw between 20-30k.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
The crowds at ANZ this year have been deceptive, they seem to be allocating a lot of the tickets to the middle levels of the stadium, which have been quite packed in all 3 games this year.

There is easily over 20K there tonight.

Timmah

Staff member
Those middle levels are members areas, both last week and tonight are "reciprocal" home/away games for Parra/Dogs/Souths.

user_nat

Coach
Plenty of seats at Skilled currently. 24k maybe?

24k people that is, not free seats.

edit:

I'm going to revise my prediction down to 22k.

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
The crowds at ANZ this year have been deceptive, they seem to be allocating a lot of the tickets to the middle levels of the stadium, which have been quite packed in all 3 games this year.

There is easily over 20K there tonight.

I agree, the middle level is a great view as well in IMO plus the facilities are less packed. I was on the camera side last week and it was packed, mostly with doggies fans.

i bet 24-25k

Timmah

Staff member

Pretty embarrassing IMO, but not as bad as I thought it would be.

Billythekid

First Grade

Pretty embarrassing IMO, but not as bad as I thought it would be.

Which game? I'm assuming you mean parra/souths, if so the crowd isn't too bad. I expect parras next home game to get a terrible crowd based on this form.

Plenty of seats at Skilled currently. 24k maybe?

24k people that is, not free seats.

edit:

I'm going to revise my prediction down to 22k.

22K for this game would be pretty poor IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts