What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Referee
Which game? I'm assuming you mean parra/souths, if so the crowd isn't too bad. I expect parras next home game to get a terrible crowd based on this form.

22K for this game would be pretty poor IMO.

Still, nobody would be complaining if it was a 20k sell-out at Parra Stadium.

At least 2k more attended an ANZ.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
very poor gold coast. you would think despite the ticket prices this would be the one game most people would look to go to given its a derby. Looks less than was there for the dragons which was what 22k?

beave

Coach
The ticket prices are pretty high at Skilled (as has been mentioned in here a fair bit) but I think people need to blame the QLD government for setting the 'rent' too high which has to be passed on to the poor average punter than blaming the Titans. Unfortunately the mob who run the stadiums up here can't be touched, a mate of mine did some research whilst the Fury were going through the wringer this year, and basically what he told me is that there's some famous/ well known people on the board of Stadiums QLD, and whilst the organization was set up by the government, the QLD government can't apparently tell the stadium mob what to do as it would be a conflict of interest or something along those lines. I might ask him again and get proper clarification but it was something along those lines that they basically can do what they want and the intervention of the QLD government is not allowed.

The charter says basically the sole purpose of Stadiums QLD (it was called the MSFA at one stage) is to provide quality venues for the enjoyment of all QLDers whilst they are watching their teams.......... so much for this mindset, they seem to be there to rip everyone off and make a substantial profit.

Billythekid

First Grade
Very disappointing to see both games down from last year.

The titans crowd in particular is a worry. It's well down on last year and it makes you wonder what they will get when they face soemone like the sharks.

user_nat

Coach
Crowd at Skilled is 20,226. Terrible to see 7,000 empty seats! Doesn't look good.

Looks better than 60k empty seats :p

Still very bad for the Queensland derby. Titans will continue to struggle to pull crowds if they don't start playing less crap.

Smiley

Bench
Crowd at Skilled is 20,226. Terrible to see 7,000 empty seats! Doesn't look good.

Only going to get worse after that performance tonight.

Upside is with the Broncos coming off 2 away wins should see a crowd around 35-38K next week against a usually poor drawing Penrith.

Brutus

Referee
Disgraceful crowd on the GC.

If the Titans keep performing poorly then I can see a few four figure crowds coming their way in 2011.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If we keep winning now we have a chance of being the first team to average 20k both home and away.
Epic WTF. The Bulldogs already average over 20k at home and both Bulldogs and Souths average around 17.2k away (based on 2010 figures).

How on Earth you think you're a chance to be first to that figure is beyond me :lol:
Looks better than 60k empty seats :p

Still very bad for the Queensland derby. Titans will continue to struggle to pull crowds if they don't start playing less crap.
Might help if SQ and the Titans sit down and talk about a reduction in ticket prices. $30 adult tickets for the worst seats is utterly embarrassing, especially given the news out of Newcastle this week.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Gold coast is a very picky place. Titans will be one of those teams that sell out when they're top 8, and have terrible crowds when they're not (like this year).

Getting so little in the derby is dissapointing. Looking at their fixtures, they get visits from the Warriors, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Sharks and Raiders. Might average 10k for those games.

I think they need to have a serious look at their ticket prices.

the game is sh*t to watch at the moment unless you're watching your own team, face it

no one wants to see dropped ball and wrestling for 80 minutes, people go to the game/watch the game on tv to be f**king entertained, not to fall half asleep

user_nat

Coach
the game is sh*t to watch at the moment unless you're watching your own team, face it

no one wants to see dropped ball and wrestling for 80 minutes, people go to the game/watch the game on tv to be f**king entertained, not to fall half asleep

Your not wrong, I would imagine all 3 Broncos games would be boring for a neutral.

STG-MACCA

Bench
I agree with the above two posts, most footy doesn't have my complete interest so far this season. I have attended both Saints games and will always continue but I'm hardly interested in any other game.

Billythekid

First Grade
The storms game against the titans has been one of the only good performances this year. There are some very average sides running around right now.

I'm still enjoying the footy but i hope things pick up soon.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Other than watching my own team, have to say have only enjoyed watching the Knights. Keeping in mind they're missing key players, a full strength Knights team could be the neutral fans favourite this season.

BunniesMan

Immortal
And about everyone whingeing about the average play and the general boringness of most teams. Well that's what a salary cap gives. It breeds mediocrity. As soon as a team gets good it gets ripped apart again (or it cheats).

You can't have it both ways. You either want an even comp, and the mediocrity that comes with it, or you want a survival of the fittest comp where you'd have some super sides, there would be more exciting teams but more foregone conclusion games.

Can't have your cake and eat it too ladies and gentlemen. One or the other.

Brutus

Referee
Eels v Rabbitohs had zero atmosphere coming through the tele.

Two many nuff nuff players filling these teams.

Be nice if we could have at least half of our Eng SL players back plus SBW and Wingy.

Wing would be a handy player at a few of these clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.