What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Far be it from me to defend Souffs but:

2010 Home Crowd Averages
5th Rabbitohs 17,900
9th Eels 14,781

Methinks there are more armchair slouches in the Eels fanbase.

Bandwagoners, anyway...

2010 home crowd averages

Bunnies 17,355
Eels

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Four Nations was a perfect example of how sh*thouse Parramatta Stadium is.

Bluetongue, a similar configuration to Parramatta (minus the fences between each section and one end of the terraces), if it starts pissing down and there's only 10k-odd there, you can move up undercover if there's seats. You're not physically stopped by huge metal spikes.

We had to sit in the Terraces in our assigned seats at Parramatta that day and get soaked while there was at least 1000 undercover seats unused and inaccessible to anyone not in that section (who were all already dry).

It's in THAT situation where Parramatta Stadium is an utter embarrassment of an RL venue. As I said vantage points and whatnot is great, good rectangular stadium. Just totally stupid planning.

Timmah

Staff member
2010 home crowd averages

Bunnies 17,355
Eels

Where are those figures from if you don't mind me asking?

The figure I have are from http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/NRL_2010/summary.html

EDIT: never mind. I see yours are from http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/2010.html

I'm assuming the Souths figure includes their Perth and Gosford home games, and Parramatta's includes their ANZ matches (for your stats).

Either way, your point remains moot. Both sides are significantly lower draws than both Canterbury and WT in the Sydney area.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Where are those figures from if you don't mind me asking?

The figure I have are from http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/NRL_2010/summary.html

EDIT: never mind. I see yours are from http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/2010.html

I'm assuming the Souths figure includes their Perth and Gosford home games, and Parramatta's includes their ANZ matches (for your stats).

Either way, your point remains moot. Both sides are significantly lower draws than both Canterbury and WT in the Sydney area.

I copied those figures from the 2010 crowd thread that you had last year,if those numbers are wrong then its your fault

Timmah

Staff member
See my explanation and don't be a twat. Either way your point is hilariously wrong.

Timmah

Staff member
How is what wrong?

You labelled Souffs fans a bunch of armchair lazies - Parramatta fans are worse. If that's by 300 or 3000, they're still just as, if not more, lazy

WaznTheGreat

Referee
How is what wrong?

You labelled Souffs fans a bunch of armchair lazies - Parramatta fans are worse. If that's by 300 or 3000, they're still just as, if not more, lazy

I never compared Eels fans and Souths fans in the first place so whats your point? i bagged Souths and then you came over the top and bagged the Eels

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Considering Souths had over 7k more members then the Eels last season they should be ashamed that they only just beat the Eels in crowd averages.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
You see unionlover, you bagged Souths

When your own team is worse with crowd numbers. Thats the point.

No you idiot,the whole point is that Souths have a 1 million members and yet there crowd averages don't match up anywhere near how many members they have,that means most of them don't turn up too games hence sitting at home in there comfortable couches.

Timmah

Staff member
Considering Souths had over 7k more members then the Eels last season they should be ashamed that they only just beat the Eels in crowd averages.

Considering your team were in the 2009 GRAND FINAL the fact you had 7k less members than South Sydney is an utter disgrace.

The fact both sides have such poor home attendances is also disgraceful. The Bulldogs and even Tigers seem to know how to generate crowds. Where are the fans for Parra and Souths?

Timmah

Staff member
No you idiot,the whole point is that Souths have a 1 million members and yet there crowd averages don't match up anywhere near how many members they have,that means most of them don't turn up too games hence sitting at home in there comfortable couches.

So when Parramatta hosted the Grand Final re-match against Melbourne in 2010 at Parramatta Stadium on a Friday night, and only got 7,000... where were Parramatta's members then? :lol:

Y2Eel

First Grade
So when Parramatta hosted the Grand Final re-match against Melbourne in 2010 at Parramatta Stadium on a Friday night, and only got 7,000... where were Parramatta's members then? :lol:

Thats about right Parra had around 7000 members last season..

Y2Eel

First Grade
Oh oh oh if Parra and souths get more then 18,271 to the game friday does that mean Parra=win?

cleary89

Coach
I'm sorry HayneTrain, but your wrong. As if a souths fan could afford a comfy armchair. The seats at ANZ are much more comfy then the ones at the bus shelter.

Status
Not open for further replies.