What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I think the NRL has been fine in 2011 but ..........
the football appears to be bad in only because of the programming of the QLD sides
the Cowboys ... Titans & Broncos
all their games have been awful , horrid .. because they are a sides with limited abilities , the errors :shock: ... absolutely no idea with the ball in Hand
they can tackle a bit
but they just aren't great to watch
& they have been forced down our necks on Friday nights because they have to get a telecast

I think some of the NSW games have been good
Roosters V Souths was a cracker
I enjoyed the Bunnies V Dogs game too

Tigers V Dogs was pretty good

so I think people are making hasty judgements on season 2011
its early ... by round 6/7 things will the firing along.

& if you think our comp has probelms with entertainment

the half time score in the AFL last night
Geelong 1-8-14
St Kilda 2-9-21
I mean .... what the F.uck :shock:

with the sides being booed off the MCG

I agree the footy has been fine so far. On the first 3 rounds roosters v rabbits is definitly my favourite game so far, cracking game and atmosphere while the storm have been really good so far. \

Is there any rain in sydney today? Would be good to see campbelltown and penrith packed tonight.

Perth Red

Post Whore
in regards to quality of games I reckon the commentators play a big part in the perception games are poor. Watching chooseday night football from the 80's and 90's the commentators where far more positive in their calling and we didn't endure 3 replays of every single error or refs decision. It menat the game seemed faster and cleaner and more upbeat. Now listening you'd think every team must have poor attack unless they score a try off every set.

applesauce

Bench
They're giving them away.

I was talking to a girlfriend at uni yesterday who is an AFL fan. We were talking about the Titans halfway seats for $57 and she said it is about the same for the Suns (on the ring).

Apparently the Gabba tickets are like $20 for the best seats but it is around $45 for the Suns...

No doubt the AFL will end up subsidising the cost eventually.

j5o6hn

Juniors
And by the way Penrith are playing I think 5000 next time they front what is wrong with them?
Terrible game from them

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Just got home from the tigers match. Crowd seemed larger but 14K is pretty good for a saturday night against Canberra.

Lining up to buy the tickets they were making announcements over the PA that all seating was gone and only GA remained - which was clearly untrue.

Evenflow

Bench
Is there any time that anyone doesn't think the crowd is under what the official number they announce is? Given we're really trying hard to build crowds through the memberships drives and what not then why in the hell would they undersell the numbers?

I totally agree that 14k tonight against an out of town side is a great number and i think that's a better turnout (obviously not numbers wise) than Parra v Rabbits given they're supposedly 2 well supported Sydney sides, but the constant "There was more than that in the crowd than what they said" bullsh*t is getting real old hearing it pretty much every single week. Just be happy with the 14k because as mentioned it was a very good crowd against Canberra.

TV Ratings are down

Crowds haven't seemed to have increased despite the increasing membership figures (are they down?)

Quality of football has been sh*thouse for the most part

Not exactly the greatest start to the year

Billythekid

First Grade
Does the NRL need a re-vamp and rethink.

Calm down. Seriously we are going to go through another year of people questioning the future of the game only to break the record for memberships, crowds and tv ratings.

Its early in the season and i don't think tonights crowds were really that bad.

It is going to take a while for our crowds to grow but we don't need to panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.