What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
The crowds are in fact up on this time last year.

First 3 RD's 2010 total = 418,473, average = 17,436

First 3 RD's this season will finish around the 440-450k mark (its at 380,557 so far with 4 games to go), for an average around 22k so not even close to panic stations yet folks.

What is the story with the TV ratings on terrestrial?

gallagher

Juniors
How many games in Ctown each year? Regardless who they play they should at least get more than 14k.
Four games at Ughboot Oval. Thats pretty poor crowd I think. Maybe tigers fans are enjoying the facilities at the SFS and are going off their traditonal venues?12k last week at LO wasnt it?

Jono1987

Juniors
TV Ratings are down

Crowds haven't seemed to have increased despite the increasing membership figures (are they down?)

Quality of football has been sh*thouse for the most part

Not exactly the greatest start to the year

When don't you bitch about something you skirt?

As usual your comments are baseless. Quality of football has been fine. Besides there are 23 more rounds for teams to find something that appeases you. (Shorten the season asap)

Perth Red

Post Whore
I totally agree that 14k tonight against an out of town side is a great number . Just be happy with the 14k because as mentioned it was a very good crowd against Canberra.

Given there was probably up to 1k Raiders fans in the crowd that means that 13k Tigers fans turned up on a pleasant Saturday evening. Makes me laugh that for years people have had a go at Melbournes low crowds when in reality most clubs rarely draw more which is evident when playing out of town clubs.

One day we might stop accepting mediocrity for our great game.

gallagher

Juniors
Given there was probably up to 1k Raiders fans in the crowd that means that 13k Tigers fans turned up on a pleasant Saturday evening. Makes me laugh that for years people have had a go at Melbournes low crowds when in reality most clubs rarely draw more which is evident when playing out of town clubs.

One day we might stop accepting mediocrity for our great game.
Sydney clubs playing out of their crappy little suburban grounds. Hopefullly a new professionally run NRL will have an affect in club land.

As usual your comments are baseless.

baseless? :lol:

have you bothered to actually check the TV Ratings for you little queer?

the big membership increases haven't lead to big crowd increases = fact

Quality of football has been fine. Besides there are 23 more rounds for teams to find something that appeases you. (Shorten the season asap)

not too many are going to agree with you there

it's a subjective issue but I think you'll find the majority are saying it has sucked balls

unfortunately you can't accept this fact and the other fact that your filthy club are the ones that started this rot, leading the way with your insomnia-curing style of play

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Does the NRL need a re-vamp and rethink.

Didnt we have record crowds in week 1? Aren't crowds of this season comparable or better than previous seasons?

Penrith crowd was always going to be sub 12000, that is the nature of the penrith beast for some reason. I am a little disappointed with the raiders/tigers crowd as it's almost a local derby when it's at campbelltown but 14000 is still a decent result.

As for the standard of football it's round 3. Players need time to get in the groove of playing week in week out football and getting match conditioned. Add to that new referee interpretations and games in the early rounds are often not the greatest.

Canard

Immortal
17k at the Rebels game this week, hope they are not taking Storm fans?

Massive expat Kiwi population in Melbourne, combined with the "novelty" of being new will always see Rebels V Kiwi team have a good crowd.

Storm v Warriors will get a crowd this large or higher.

Problem is that there are 5 Kiwi Teams in Super Rugby, and only 1 in the NRL.

When the Rebels play some of the lesser SA teams at home crowds will be very low. But with only 4 more Rebels home games to go in the mini comp that is Super Rugby they "rig" the home draw in such a way to avoid these matches.

Last edited:

Spitty

Juniors
To say the Penrith crowd was embarassing is an understatement. It's not as though us fans knew in advance that an on-field performance like that was coming.

My fellow Panthers fans often throw out well worn excuses for not attending games. It's too hot, It's too cold, It's raining, We're not winning, The games live on free to air, Our opposition are in bad form, It's too hard to get to after coming home from work.

Well none of those apply for this game. Both teams coming off wins, on a pleasantly mild night, on pay TV, on a Saturday. Absoltutely no excuse, what-so-ever.

I fear if the team keep up this level of performance, when we do move into the cold winter nights we might be struggling to get 5000.

Raiderdave

First Grade
baseless? :lol:

have you bothered to actually check the TV Ratings for you little queer?

the big membership increases haven't lead to big crowd increases = fact

not too many are going to agree with you there

it's a subjective issue but I think you'll find the majority are saying it has sucked balls

unfortunately you can't accept this fact and the other fact that your filthy club are the ones that started this rot, leading the way with your insomnia-curing style of play

well I agree with him
the quality of the football is fine .... its a subjective thing
if you aren't enjoying it then fine

bugger off & watch the brumbies
you won't be missed

Raiderdave

First Grade
again

the 4 crowds this week as has been the case for the first 2 rounds ... have been either dissapointing or poor

the crowds at ANZ & Campbelltown .. dissapointing
the crowds at Robina & Penrith ... poor

Hopefully Brookie will be near full for the return of Brett Stewart
theres a good turnout 20K plus at ANZ or the Dogs n Chooks
& decent turnouts get to Townsville & Auckland

things are fine ATM
we are ahead of 2010... I have no doubt we'll stay there.

beave

Coach
If anyone thinks there will be a good crowd at DFS tomorrow night they are kidding themselves. A 6pm kickoff on a monday night is ridiculous, god knows how they expect people to get there in time after work.

adamkungl

Immortal
No surprise the fans of teams playing garbage are sooking about the quality of football. Same story every year

Raiderdave

First Grade
17k at the Rebels game this week, hope they are not taking Storm fans?

lotta Kiwis in Melbourne
when ever the Kiwi S15 sides are in town expect the crowd to be bigger then would otherwise be the case

while they had a good win there on Friday they are very inconsistent & the shine will wear off quickly with this mob
they are a pale shadow of the Storm ... & people will see that for themselves & decide where their hard earned is better spent.

adamkungl

Immortal
Calm down. Seriously we are going to go through another year of people questioning the future of the game only to break the record for memberships, crowds and tv ratings.

Its early in the season and i don't think tonights crowds were really that bad.

It is going to take a while for our crowds to grow but we don't need to panic.

Par for the course for this thread. Boring merkins

Goddo

Bench
To say the Penrith crowd was embarassing is an understatement. It's not as though us fans knew in advance that an on-field performance like that was coming.

My fellow Panthers fans often throw out well worn excuses for not attending games. It's too hot, It's too cold, It's raining, We're not winning, The games live on free to air, Our opposition are in bad form, It's too hard to get to after coming home from work.

Well none of those apply for this game. Both teams coming off wins, on a pleasantly mild night, on pay TV, on a Saturday. Absoltutely no excuse, what-so-ever.

I fear if the team keep up this level of performance, when we do move into the cold winter nights we might be struggling to get 5000.

Ok, so there is an elephant in the room. I'll say it. What is the point of having a club in Penrith?

* I know they have a large junior base - but is there any doubt that other Sydney clubs would claim the area if there were no Panthers? Parra, Canterbury, Wests, Souths and Sydney would all like to gobble up the Panthers junior area.

* I know there is a large number of Rugby League fans there - but they for the most part follow other Sydney clubs. There clearly is a lack of interest in the Panthers.

* I know they have very wealthy leagues clubs - but aren't we ment to be weening clubs off Leagues club grants? Isn't there possible state and federal legislation that may affect this?

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Ok, so there is an elephant in the room. I'll say it. What is the point of having a club in Penrith?

* I know they have a large junior base - but is there any doubt that other Sydney clubs would claim the area if there were no Panthers? Parra, Canterbury, Wests, Souths and Sydney would all like to gobble up the Panthers junior area.

* I know there is a large number of Rugby League fans there - but they for the most part follow other Sydney clubs. There clearly is a lack of interest in the Panthers.

* I know they have very wealthy leagues clubs - but aren't we ment to be weening clubs off Leagues club grants? Isn't there possible state and federal legislation that may affect this?
The Panthers are not going anywhere. The fact that they have the largest junior base is the answer to your question - the passion and support for the game is clearly there, it just hasn't mainfested itself into big crowds and members yet.

applesauce

Bench

Imagine the bullsh*t that would go down in the media/AFL HQ if we lost a WS team with GWS around now.

This "war" is about perception Penrith need to stay now for the game sake at least...

Status
Not open for further replies.