What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddo

Bench
^ I know the Panthers aren't going anywhere, but they have had that "juniors" advantage since 1967. Where are the fans? Shouldn't there be 3 generations of support now?

Cronulla, who were brought in at the same time are a financial basket case and have a lot of fans of other clubs living in their area, yet they still manage a decent crowd average, even last year when they almost folded.

Just saying. If there needs to be rationalisation in Sydney, Penrith need to prove they belong in the game. They have had every advantage possible to be an absolute powerhouse club, yet are one of the smallest teams in Sydney. Whats the excuse? How will they fix it?

Clubs need to be more accountable.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
^ I know the Panthers aren't going anywhere, but they have had that "juniors" advantage since 1967. Where are the fans? Shouldn't there be 3 generations of support now?

Cronulla, who were brought in at the same time are a financial basket case and have a lot of fans of other clubs living in their area, yet they still manage a decent crowd average, even last year when they almost folded.
I know the crowds aren't good but what they offer to the league in other areas makes up for that. I think the landscape is slowly changing in the area as far as supporting the panthers are concerned. My uncle and aunt lived in the Mt Druit area and were St George fans as were their 5 kids. Now 2 of those kids support the panthers as do their kids.

Brutus

Referee
The Panthers are not going anywhere. The fact that they have the largest junior base is the answer to your question - the passion and support for the game is clearly there, it just hasn't mainfested itself into big crowds and members yet.

They've been in the comp for 44 years.

cleary89

Coach
The Panthers are not going anywhere. The fact that they have the largest junior base is the answer to your question - the passion and support for the game is clearly there, it just hasn't mainfested itself into big crowds and members yet.

thats what all the a league supporters say.

Goddo

Bench
So we have had
23,723 - Bulldogs v Roosters
22,153 - Eels v Rabbitohs
20,226 - Titans v Broncos
14,091 - Tigers v Raiders
13,??? - Sea Eagles v Knights
11,651 - Warriors v Dragons
9,275 - Panthers v Sharks

so roughly 114k with 1 game to go, average around 16.3k

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
What is the capacity at brooky? It looks pretty packed today. I thought they could fit about 19-20K but i can't see another 6K+ people fitting in there. There are already people standing up.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
So we have had
23,723 - Bulldogs v Roosters
22,153 - Eels v Rabbitohs
20,226 - Titans v Broncos
14,091 - Tigers v Raiders
13,??? - Sea Eagles v Knights
11,651 - Warriors v Dragons
9,275 - Panthers v Sharks

so roughly 114k with 1 game to go, average around 16.3k

I thought this was gonna be a big crowd for manly?

Still ahead of last years first 3 rounds. A few crowds have been disapppointing, titans and panthers. Warriors fans never seem to show when there is rain around so not really a surprise.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Disappointing crowd at Brookie. To me, probably not a great crowd at ANZ either, but drawing 23k on a wet Sunday arvo against a team so few travelling away fans isn't bad, especially when two teams who share the ground as a home only got 22k on a dry night forty eight hours prior.

Mt Smart not surprising either.

ByRd

First Grade
The ANZ crowd was decent, there were probably only about 1000 Rooster fans there, there wasnt many of the at all. It was raining all morning, then again during the game but a crowd of over 23k is pretty good. I hope our game against the Dragons at the SCG is a nice day cause we will pack the place out.

Raiderdave

First Grade
What is the capacity at brooky? It looks pretty packed today. I thought they could fit about 19-20K but i can't see another 6K+ people fitting in there. There are already people standing up.

it can hold around 20K
the stands are about 80% full
& its only packed in on the hill from 20m line to 20m line.... theres plenty of grass between spectators on the Nthn end & some in the sthn end too

at a push you'd fit another 7K in there , it'd be tight
but you'd get em in.

adamkungl

Immortal
Surpringly few Roosters fans at ANZ considering we have the Travelling Rooster pass which gets us both ANZ away games for $20. I'm certain more than 1000 people would have one. That said, I can only assme when its pissing down in the morning most people said 'f**k travelling to homebush, its only $20'

Status
Not open for further replies.