What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

gronkathon

First Grade
Bunnies fans couldn't turn up as most are carnies working at the show whilst still claiming benefits from Mindalink

Raiderdave

First Grade
if i was the fuhrer at the sharks.
and f**k me if i was id be annexing shit all over the shop.

i would have moved that game up to QLD vs the cowboys.

requested it at the league level. we move the game to suncorp. sunday night maybe.

there are no games in QLD this weekend.

Just sayin

Suncorp ?
last time the cowboys played an away game there .... it drew about the same as the sharks crowd last night :?

they're already copping it for taking a home game to NZ
it seems their fans want it both ways
home games in the shire ... but then not turn up to them:crazy:

Moffo

Referee
Dogs have had too many blockbuster games to start the year. It cheapens the event somewhat, you can't have blockbuster game after blockbuster game. Spread them out a bit more, it will get more people along. As we know not a lot of rl fans go week in week out. It's sad but it's true

Look at the super 15s. They've tried to stack the calendar with blockbusters and all it has done is dilute the value of the games and the crowds reflect that

fanatique

Juniors
Dogs have had too many blockbuster games to start the year. It cheapens the event somewhat, you can't have blockbuster game after blockbuster game. Spread them out a bit more, it will get more people along. As we know not a lot of rl fans go week in week out. It's sad but it's true

Look at the super 15s. They've tried to stack the calendar with blockbusters and all it has done is dilute the value of the games and the crowds reflect that

I think you are right. The powers that be regard a succesful Dogs as potentially a Collingwood like draw around which to build a series of blockbusters but overkill can result.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Problem seems to be they need a few weeks break mid-season each year for ANZ to regenerate (usually late June - early July). This year I think there's a gap of 4-5 weeks from 25 June for ANZ, I imagine they'll re-lay turf etc, not sure.

elbusto

Coach
Take your agenda elsewhere mate.

3 losses in a row --> bad crowd.
Win some games --> good crowd.
Simple.
I agree.

I hope people are not death riding the Sharks.

They have a huge Junior nursery, A Grade, Reserve Grade and Under 21s unlike a lot of Sydney Clubs and the potential to be a massive entity if they take the right options.

Good luck Sharkies.

yakstorm

First Grade
Anyway moving forward - looks like a strong crowd will be on hand for the Storm v Warriors game.

Category 1 and Category 2 tickets are all sold out already and traditionally Storm games get good walk ups by default.

cleary89

Coach
I agree.

They have a huge Junior nursery, A Grade, Reserve Grade and Under 21s unlike a lot of Sydney Clubs and the potential to be a massive entity if they take the right options.

Good luck Sharkies.

Do they? Who's are the Shire juniors playing first grade? All I have is Bosden who is in saints top 25 and Brad Takairangi who had 2 games for roosters last year. On the sharks forums last night they were saying only 1 of the 17 was a junior, no idea who that was.

S.R.

Juniors
the cost is more to who ?

the stadium hire fees usually don't go up or down based on the size of your crowd & if the stadium or its owner takes care of the catering & pourage ... well its they that foot the cost of more staff to handle a bigger crowd

theres usually no extra cost to the football team
it looks better on TV & adds atmosphere at the ground .. you expose your product & brand to a lot more people so sponsors want in nuh bigger match day crowds are better even if you don't increase the actual gate reciepts.

OK, I'll explain.
I was basing my comment on the Sharks, who own their stadium.
There are no hiring fees, just running fees.
The food is outsourced (to the Red Rooster mob), who pay a set fee for the year. Crowd has little impact on what the Sharks earn.
There's a little thing called security. User pays. Police, same deal. They must have a certain ratio of security/police to spectators. It's law. The more people come, the more the club pays.

What deals do other clubs have with stadium operators?
I was under the impression that gate takings for the Dogs and Bunnies at ANZ didn't go directly to them. Don't they get a "match fee" for playing the game there? Isn't that hopw the Dogs can offer fully ticketed memberships for bugger all money?

But just because a club has a bigger crowd, it doesn't always guarentee a massively better financial profit.

S.R.

Juniors
Do they? Who's are the Shire juniors playing first grade? All I have is Bosden who is in saints top 25 and Brad Takairangi who had 2 games for roosters last year. On the sharks forums last night they were saying only 1 of the 17 was a junior, no idea who that was.

Probably Colin Best, and he didn't play.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I agree.

Good luck Sharkies.

Nulla will never, ever, ever be a big club. They’re treading water in the Shire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts