What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiderdave

First Grade
The cost of having 20,000 people at the stadium is a lot more than having 10,000 there. So financially, it's could be better to have 10,000 at $20 each.

the cost is more to who ?

the stadium hire fees usually don't go up or down based on the size of your crowd
& if the stadium or its owner takes care of the catering & pourage ... well its they that foot the cost of more staff to handle a bigger crowd

theres usually no extra cost to the football team
it looks better on TV & adds atmosphere at the ground .. you expose your product & brand to a lot more people so sponsors want in
nuh
bigger match day crowds are better even if you don't increase the actual gate reciepts.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
At what stadium?

F&B and merch sales alone from having an extra 10k at a ground is surely worth it?

As for last night, I've been to Brookvale a few times and that looked far more than 14,623. Hill was packed, more than I've seen it in quite a while.

Tigers at the SFS - 18/19k from memory is what the SYD/BNE Good Friday game gets so I'm not unimpressed. IMO would've drawn 22-25k at ANZ but that's the Tigers' decision to move away from their core fanbase.

bobmar28

Bench
The cost of having 20,000 people at the stadium is a lot more than having 10,000 there. So financially, it's could be better to have 10,000 at $20 each.

Why? The food outlets would make twice as much with 20,000 there and it looks better on TV which is where the money comes from.

Raiderdave

First Grade
At what stadium?

F&B and merch sales alone from having an extra 10k at a ground is surely worth it?

As for last night, I've been to Brookvale a few times and that looked far more than 14,623. Hill was packed, more than I've seen it in quite a while.

Tigers at the SFS - 18/19k from memory is what the SYD/BNE Good Friday game gets so I'm not unimpressed. IMO would've drawn 22-25k at ANZ but that's the Tigers' decision to move away from their core fanbase.

I dunno .. looked at about right to me , I've been there planty of times too & I picked it at 15K pretty soon after the telecast started .... both ends of the hill while well patronised weren't packed
areas behind the goal post at the nthn end weren't packed

I've been to some 17K plus crowds there in the last 5 years ..& last night wasn't as packed as it was for those games.
it seems brookie has lost a lot of its capacity ... it looks like it would struggle to get 20K in there
yet I attended a game there in 1994... & there was 26,500 there that day.:?

Brutus

Referee
I thought the SFS was over 20k for sure last night. the lower tier where the players run out was basically full. So were the corporate boxes above them. The nose bleed section above that was half-full. My kid got in for free and they didn't count him :)

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I thought the SFS was over 20k for sure last night. the lower tier where the players run out was basically full. So were the corporate boxes above them. The nose bleed section above that was half-full.

na what was reported was right. There were way less sfs members there than usual, the Roosters V Tigers crowd was comparable in size in every section except the stadium members so doubt it was wrong

DIOGENES

Juniors
This shows the interest in crowds shown by reporters. According to the ABC on-line there were less than 14,500 at the SFS

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I am going along with a few other neutrals to tonight's game. I expect at least 20k Dogs fans there.

At what stadium?

Agreed on both notes. I though Brookie looked to be 16k plus

And as for the Tigpies it just seems completely nonsensical to play a non-sydney team in the eastern suburbs

Coaster

Bench

Why? The food outlets would make twice as much with 20,000 there and it looks better on TV which is where the money comes from.

Food is handled by a 3rd party, nothing to do with the club. And TV coverage has nothing to do with crowd size, the only thing is merchandise.

ByRd

First Grade
Well its been raining here for the last few hours but starting to clear up now so hopefully the rain stays away for the rest of the day and a good crowd rolls in.

Status
Not open for further replies.