What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
What is it with Australian Rugby League and it's fascination with Stadium upgrades ???

what the hell?????

You bang on about how f**ked our crowd numbers are, then you ask why are we upgrading our stadiums????? Maybe to try and encourage people to come along to games where they can get a comfortable experience????

You can't have it both ways mate.......

Brutus

Referee
what the hell?????

You bang on about how f**ked our crowd numbers are, then you ask why are we upgrading our stadiums????? Maybe to try and encourage people to come along to games where they can get a comfortable experience????

The guy is a union troll.

Either ignore him or abuse him.

Teddyboy

First Grade
what the hell?????

Penrith gets an upgrade back a few years ago and the crowds drop as did Shark Park.
Kogarah got an upgrade back in 1989 (i think) and the crowds didn't flock back apart from the first game or 2.

You point out a general query on this forum and you get shit for it:?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Actually, you spend time deliberately trolling here because you support another sport and you're attempting to undermine this one.

But of course you'll deny it.

cleary89

Coach
Penrith gets an upgrade back a few years ago and the crowds drop as did Shark Park.
Kogarah got an upgrade back in 1989 (i think) and the crowds didn't flock back apart from the first game or 2.

You point out a general query on this forum and you get shit for it:?

Pulling out stats as old as I am. Well done mate.... You sure proved your point!

cleary89

Coach
In other news, I heard the SCG got an upgrade in 1935 and the crowds were bigger back then compared to what we get at the SCG now!

Perth Red

Post Whore
can we put the myth that if we played more Sunday afternoon games crowds would be bigger to bed after todays efforts on a sunny Sunday afternoon?

can we put the myth that if we played more Sunday afternoon games crowds would be bigger to bed after todays efforts on a sunny Sunday afternoon?

Sure, but only if we put aside basic logical principles.

Consider:

a. begging the question
b. strawman
c. represenative sampling

Last edited:

Jono1987

Juniors
A team that will always attract better average crowds than the kogarah Dragons.

Oh c'mon Brutus that was a cheap shot...

I've long advocated for Kogarah and Wollongong to be transformed into 25k all seat stadiums..

Okay long advocated is up for debate...I'm also open to taking 2-3 games every year to the SFS.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I agree.

I hope people are not death riding the Sharks.

They have a huge Junior nursery, A Grade, Reserve Grade and Under 21s unlike a lot of Sydney Clubs and the potential to be a massive entity if they take the right options.

Good luck Sharkies.
Cronulla have a reserve grade? Yeah, merged with Melbourne to cut costs :lol:

Their potential is being ruined by mismanagement and a history of failure.
Yeah but you follow a sell-out team.

The Canterbury-Bankstown-Homebush Bulldogs.

Sure is a mouth full.
:? Sell-out? We committed to playing matches in that area about 12 years ago and have stayed there since. We've also made a commitment to running our operations out of Belmore starting next year (or the year after, not sure).

I for one love that we play at ANZ. For our games there's always a good atmosphere, we've made it our home, it's easy to get to, good facilities, parking and transport are fantastic, members well catered for...

You can play the parochialism card all you want but the Bulldogs, by playing at ANZ Stadium (which is actually close enough to our region, unlike lolSouffs), have put themselves in a very strong position for their future.

elbusto

Coach
Cronulla have a reserve grade? Yeah, merged with Melbourne to cut costs :lol:

Their potential is being ruined by mismanagement and a history of failure.

:? Sell-out? We committed to playing matches in that area about 12 years ago and have stayed there since. We've also made a commitment to running our operations out of Belmore starting next year (or the year after, not sure).

I for one love that we play at ANZ. For our games there's always a good atmosphere, we've made it our home, it's easy to get to, good facilities, parking and transport are fantastic, members well catered for...

You can play the parochialism card all you want but the Bulldogs, by playing at ANZ Stadium (which is actually close enough to our region, unlike lolSouffs), have put themselves in a very strong position for their future.
Sorry mate I should have been more specific. They have an A Grade and A Reserve Comp which is better than Canterbury, St George or Balmain all of whom can only manage an Inner City amalgamated competition.

I find it quite amazing that St George and Canterbury do not have their own A Grade Comp in particular. In fact I think they play in amalgamated comps from under 16s onwards.

adamkungl

Immortal
if i was the fuhrer at the sharks.
and f**k me if i was id be annexing shit all over the shop.

i would have moved that game up to QLD vs the cowboys.

requested it at the league level. we move the game to suncorp. sunday night maybe.

there are no games in QLD this weekend.

Just sayin

Yep...no point having games like Roosters/Sharks/Penrith v Cowboys/GC/Canberra in Sydney. No one turns up, and somewhere like WA would probably pay decent money for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts