What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billythekid

First Grade
Not defensive,.............. proud.
Let's see other teams (besides Bulldogs) beat it.

Suity

No defensive was the right word. Any time someone mentions the idea that someone might beat that crowd we have a parra fan come out and tell everyone that won't ever happen.

Suitman

Post Whore
No defensive was the right word. Any time someone mentions the idea that someone might beat that crowd we have a parra fan come out and tell everyone that won't ever happen.

That's right.
A Parra fan.
There were nearly 40 000 of us there that night.
f**k off troll.

Suity

Teddyboy

First Grade
Phew was banking on a Souths win.Wonder if Russell Crowe will be plugging it.
Wonder what the Collingwood v Swans will get but I suspect that Sydney will be the sporting capital for Australia next week.

the dude

Juniors
Great crowd tonight, awesome atmosphere.

Props to Raiders fans who showed up in good numbers.

Next week will be massive. 70k

jimmee007

Juniors
can somebody find out if that is that the biggest sydney vs out of sydney week 2 crowd ever??

I know week 3 crowds have been bigger not sure about week 2

undertaker

Coach
can somebody find out if that is that the biggest sydney vs out of sydney week 2 crowd ever??

I know week 3 crowds have been bigger not sure about week 2
If you're talking about Sydney vs Out of Sydney side IN SYDNEY then I'd take a guess and say that it is probably between when Canberra and Illawarra (the first two non-Sydney teams) was introduced to the comp in 1982 and when permanent week 2 finals at the SFS ceased at the end of 2006.

Canterbury vs Canberra (41865) in 1994 comes straight to mind as a possible candidate. But again, you have to remember that because it was a top 5 final series, Canterbury vs Canberra was the equivalent of the 1st preliminary final in a top 8 system (with a 2nd chance for the loser the following week) as the winner of that game went through to the Grand Final. So, the outcome of 1 vs winner of 2vs3 match in week 2 of the old top 5 system is very different from week 2 finals matches in both the McIntyre 8 and current system.

P.S. I just looked up, Canterbury vs Canberra in 1994 is the highest week 2 finals attendance at the SFS, and thus the highest week 2 finals match between a sydney and non-sydney team in sydney. I don't think any week 2 finals at the SCG meeting that criteria surpassed that

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
Firstly I'd put the pass mark for the Storm game at about 24k.

:lol:Bunniesgimp, you've done it again

I know the match is on Friday night, but it is against one of the Storm's fiercest rivals. Also, no AFL match at the MCG to compete against. The Storm will get a similar crowd to what they got last year vs Warriors (at least 28k). Tickets to the general public will easily sell-out; like ANZ stadium, the official attendance just depends on how many of the stadium members turn up

Last edited:

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Will be interesting to see who will win between Sydney and Melbourne in the crowd stakes next weekend..

I reckon Melb will get 110k, Sydney 130k..

Desert Qlder

First Grade
The Canterbury/Souths game will get the biggest crowd out of all Prelims in both codes.

A rare but substantial win for Rugby League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts