What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
When Melbourne played at the old dump on a Friday nite with no AFL... you could have bet on 14k plus...

Now they play at the best RL stad in country and get 9k...

That salary cap rort,, really killed em...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Correct. Stayed through most of NYC before it got truly nasty.

Im sure the match was close as can be to a sellout but the weather obviously prevented some people especially ones with young families from turning up. Still great for the Central Coast Bears and the real winners was the Central Coast fans tonight.

azza29

Juniors
When Melbourne played at the old dump on a Friday nite with no AFL... you could have bet on 14k plus...

Now they play at the best RL stad in country and get 9k...

That salary cap rort,, really killed em...

Disappointing crowd tonight, and the weather definitely didn't help. What surprises me is the big gaps in Category 1 member reserved seating. Surely if you're shelling out $450 a year for your membership you'll want to turn up, right?

The club seem to have killed their advertising budget too, bad crowds aren't surprising if nobody knows the game is even on. Last home game for the year is a Monday night against Cronulla, can't see that cracking 10k...

Red Bear

Referee
16K in shithouse weather in a city of 2 million was a brilliant crowd, so what is near 18k in an area of 300K or so in also absolutely shithouse conditions classed as? Good work central coast folk.

I was busy freezing my arse off at North Sydney Oval

Perth Red

Post Whore
Does it start raining in the 2nd half, watching it now and it hasn't rained at all during the last 40mins?

Brutus

Referee
f**king hell. What has happened to the Storm's crowds?

Obviously those 5 losses on the trot didn't help.

Frailty

First Grade
There is almost no marketing down here (Melbourne) for the game anymore. It's almost like they've given up.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Not that they no longer run the code but perhaps they've reduced their funding of the Storm? Maybe the club can't afford the luxury.

I'm just wondering if their crowds are at this level when they are a top team what their averages will be 2-3 years from now when they're no longer a contender...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You should have stayed, looks fine during 1st half.
It was nasty enough during NYC for me to go home. Neutral game and had already scanned my ticket so the money and crowd figure wasn't impacted.

with brisbane maybe an exception
the Titans don't pull a crowd on the road ... anywhere they play
not Just Melbourne
The Titans don't pull a crowd at home :lol:

azza29

Juniors
I'm just wondering if their crowds are at this level when they are a top team what their averages will be 2-3 years from now when they're no longer a contender...

I think we've established that form has very little effect on Melbourne's crowds. There's a base of 7-8k who will turn up 90% of the time, the rest are casuals who come because they're tired of seeing their AFL team lose.

applesauce

Bench
There were some factors that would of hurt the crowd. Coverage against the gate, shitty weather and probably the lowest supported team in the comp.

Average crowd yes but not the best scenario.

Evenflow

Bench
Geez i hope the majority of the Tigpies v Queens crowd is on the non camera side because it'll diabolical if not. Just flicked to the Swans v Pies out at Homebush in the pissing rain as well but the crowd is in stark contrast.

Status
Not open for further replies.