What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evenflow

Bench
Could have been worse, could have been two Victorian teams playing each other and getting sub 10k!

Or two of the biggest drawing Sydney teams playing in Sydney.........

Poor, poor crowd in Melbourne. No excuses. The night was actually ok.

To be fair, i'd hardly call 11 degrees (when the game started and more than likely less when you take in Melbourne's notorious wind chill factor) as well as showers off and on all day 'ok'. Of course i'd have liked more there as i always do but i'm not sure what you were expecting given those factors and also not to mention we were playing one of our smallest drawing teams crowd wise.

Last edited:

Frailty

First Grade
Alliance 10,546

3943242+_062f7dc2e2f0c36b5998c1bdd5d863d0.jpg

AuckMel

Bench
To be fair, i'd hardly call 11 degrees (when the game started and more than likely less when you take in Melbourne's notorious wind chill factor) as well as showers off and on all day 'ok'. Of course i'd have liked more there as i always do but i'm not sure what you were expecting given those factors and also not to mention we were playing one of our smallest drawing teams crowd wise.

I was out in suburbia watching a game until around 1030 and was pleasantly surprised how nice the night was. Not much breeze and a couple of light showers to go along with it. The weather radar never really indicated much chance of rain either.

About the only thing that continues to let the game down is, the poor promotion on FTA tv. With no competition at all and the 25% off offer I really expected much more.

Evenflow

Bench
I was out in suburbia watching a game until around 1030 and was pleasantly surprised how nice the night was. Not much breeze and a couple of light showers to go along with it. The weather radar never really indicated much chance of rain either.

About the only thing that continues to let the game down is, the poor promotion on FTA tv. With no competition at all and the 25% off offer I really expected much more.

Well everyone is different i spose, but i highly doubt the majority of Melbourne would've been pleasantly surprised at how nice the night way given it was 11 degrees and rained off and on all day. More or less depending on where each individual was, you might've been in a warmer pocket or something.

The radar also musn't have shown the rain that came for much of the first half which is unusual but again i doubt that most people look at the radar either and just go by look/feel. If it's cold and been raining with dark skies above that's usually enough to indicate whether they want to stay home or go.

Also like i said, it was one of our worst drawing sides and if it was against one of our best we wouldn't even be having this conversation. The Storm aren't immune to smaller crowds against crap drawing teams and shit weather just like no other team in the comp is.

DC_fan

Coach
With way too many teams. The ARLC has a job to do - fill stadiums. Cut ticket prices and if that doesn't work, merge Sydney teams. No more images of near empty stadiums or people standing on hills.

I agree. This 2012 not 1972.

Time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.