What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
GLB_P_1908.gif

That kit is timeless.

Bring back belts

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Seriously?? You're the first to point out how crap we have been over the past 25 years, but you seem to forget about that when you're talking crowd averages? Wins bring crowds.

And wait.... from a raiders fan???

2011: Souths avg 14,381. Raiders avg 12,419.
2010: Souths avg 17,355. Raiders avg 12,373.
2009: Souths avg 14,715. Raiders avg 11,027.
2008: Souths avg 14,644. Raiders avg 11,913.

Shall i continue?

Not to mention Canberra have featured in the finals 7 times over the past 12 years.

This thread isn't a my dick is bigger than your dick thread, which is lucky because you would lose every time. Did I say Canberra crowds were great? No, but then again I didn't come into this thread putting another club's crowds down when my own are not in order. Melbourne got over 10000 fans to that game which while not mind blowing deserves more than a rant about their place in the comp.

If you really love league you give a shit about all clubs and crowds.

And thanks for mentioning souffs ineptitude for the last few years, I needed a good lol.

Raiderdave

First Grade
both crowds last night were a bit dissapointing

but only a bit

I didn't think anymore then 12K would go to the Storm game with the Vicky Kicky on next door

the Knights aren't a big drawer either
the crowd was 2K up on last year ... as was last weeks
its not panic stations by any means

the Broncos are averaging 40K atm
albeit 2 of their bigger games out of the way ... things are going ok

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
Easter could provide some big crowds

starting with the 4pm game next Friday at ANZ between Souths & the Bulldogs
hopefully a deal can be done to attract Easter Show goers .. half priced tickets or something
lots of country folk in town ...lets get em into the NRL next door before they either go to the show or when they're finished at the show for the day

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
I still think the key to large crowd numbers is making an event out of each and every game, really giving it a sense of heightened importance from what it is at present, both in the pre game build up and at the actual game.

We still haven't done that. I believe memberships will not do this. How do we achieve this?. I'm not too sure. I hate to compare our game to AFL but I must admit they for one do do it well.

The key to large crowds is cheaper ticket prices. AFL gets massive crowds and yet they have cheaper tickets. NRL is the perfect sport for TV but empty stadiums look so lame and cringeworthy. The ARLC should subsidise entry prices because big crowds will look great on TV and make the billion dollars a certainty.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Teams outside Sydney are the ones which will most benefit from a fixed schedule. If Newcastle fans, for example, know in advance when their team is playing theyd be more inclined to fly down to Melbourne for the weekend.

azza29

Juniors
11k was sorta disappointing in Melbourne. Good thing their stadium is just small enough that it looks decent enough on TV.

Game is up against a blockbuster AFL match, plus another four games over the weekend, plus the comedy festival. Would be nice to think we'd get more than 11k down here but people are spoilt for choice at the moment.

Teams outside Sydney are the ones which will most benefit from a fixed schedule. If Newcastle fans, for example, know in advance when their team is playing theyd be more inclined to fly down to Melbourne for the weekend.

Absolutely. Apart from clashes with the Warriors and Broncos we get bugger all away crowds, can hardly expect people to plan a trip with only a few weeks' advance notice.

elbusto

Coach
Game is up against a blockbuster AFL match, plus another four games over the weekend, plus the comedy festival. Would be nice to think we'd get more than 11k down here but people are spoilt for choice at the moment.

Absolutely. Apart from clashes with the Warriors and Broncos we get bugger all away crowds, can hardly expect people to plan a trip with only a few weeks' advance notice.
Precisely. I am organising a Storm Supporters group to go to Melbourne to watch a game. Hard to do when you only get 5 weeks notice of game schedule.

Red Bear

Referee
Lol@50uff$ fans preaching to anyone about poor crowds. Your rabble has been around for a hundred years and you purport to having more members than anyone else but you barely average 15000 a year. That average is nothing to sneeze at but the way ''passionate' bunnies fans carry on you'd think youre scoring crowds like Man U or Barcelona.
I suppose you'd like it if we went back to the days pre expansion, you might be relevant again.

If we get 80-90% of games this year above 10000 it is a positive achievement. Next year the NRL should aim for no games to have a sub 10000 crowd.
tbh to have made the finals once since 89 and average 15k, compared to other rugby league crowds, isnt a bad effort. Given the fickle nature of some other clubs fans would be interesting to see how they'd be going should they have a similar run of shitness.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
I think alot of the Penrith crowd was crammed into the western stand to get out of the hot sun. Quite a few on the hills too, 13K sounds about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts