What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

undertaker

Coach
35221 is very good, and furthermore, it's a record between the two teams (previous record being 34315 in Rd 4 2007). Was expecting a minimum of 30000. It didn't appear to be that many ppl there until you look at the camera side and it's pretty packed. Hopefully in the years to come this fixture can hit 40000+.

The only other regular season fixture in Sydney that will challenge today's crowd will be the Dragons/Roosters ANZAC match.

Last edited:

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Anyone who says that 35K+ for a non finals game is anything other than very good is a muppet. Great crowd, great atmosphere, good respect amongst the fans and not a hint of trouble. Well done to both sets of fans.

mattyg

Bench
excellent crowd...was sitting on the southern end and it was absolutely packed. Great atmosphere...NRL need to set this in as a fixed game every year I think, same time slot and rotate the home team each year. Speaking of though, if the 22,000 souths members turned up it woulda cracked 45k, there were at least 25k dogs fans out of that crowd. Woulda been much sweeter to come away with the win though.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The NRL should lock this fixture in as a permanent good Friday match. With both teams likely to be competitive in the next few years it should continue to get bigger.

I reckon 15000 for tonight's game.

DIOGENES

Juniors
This is being reported as a record Souths home ground but they got much bigger non-finals crowds during the 60s and 70s. I guess this was "match of the day" rather than home and away but it raises the question of whether a match of the day in one of the big stadiums each round would boost numbers.
Of course things have also changed with regard to the number who see the games, from memory it wasn't until the late 60s that the match of the day was televised in any form and then I think there were highlites on the ABC at 6:30

rabbit0h8

Juniors
Today's game was 96 people away from being Souths' highest home crowd since readmission. Good effort by both clubs.

Brutus

Referee
Wait. They just showed a shot of the camera side. Looks pretty good actually.

I was on the western side (camera side) and the atmos was great. People obviously sit on that side to avoid the setting sun. There was no way we were going to stare into that sun.

Mascord is saying well over 20k at the SFS.

Brutus

Referee
No it doesn't.

Looks about 18k. Apparently the upper western stand is about 75 percent full which helps.

Lol What a joke, Souths have 20k+ members yet we had more fans there than they did.

Let me guess, "it was da leboneez guiz dat maid uz knot cum"... The crowd was well behaved you fickle wankers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.