What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Referee
If even half the amount of people who choose to put that white bunny sticker on the back of their cars could attend games then Souths would be pushing Brisbane for crowds.

If only their 'fans' had the commitment of Doggies fans.

BunniesMan

Immortal
excellent crowd...was sitting on the southern end and it was absolutely packed. Great atmosphere...NRL need to set this in as a fixed game every year I think, same time slot and rotate the home team each year. Speaking of though, if the 22,000 souths members turned up it woulda cracked 45k, there were at least 25k dogs fans out of that crowd. Woulda been much sweeter to come away with the win though.

Lol What a joke, Souths have 20k+ members yet we had more fans there than they did.

Let me guess, "it was da leboneez guiz dat maid uz knot cum"... The crowd was well behaved you fickle wankers.
Don't suggest that a couple of dickhead xenophobes speak for the rest of us. The crowd was perfectly behaved, I've never had a negative expierience in my life with a Dogs fan at a game. I was in a train with a couple of Dogs fans near me on the way to the game, we had half an hour of friendly banter talking up our respective sides.

BUT you're both lying or hopelessly wrong if you think there was more Dogs fans. There simply wasn't, when things went our way the crowd noise was triple what it was when things went the Dogs way.

Now with that out of the way, 35k is awesome for a home and away game (I'm glad we played so well infront of a large crowd, it might encourage more of the casual fans to come to our next game).

IMO Souths v Dogs should be on Easter Friday every year and simply rotate whose "home game" it is.

That is how the AFL builds crowds, they make it an annual tradition for certain teams to play on certain rounds/public holidays.

"Easter Friday footy" should become synonymous with "Souths v Bulldogs".

BUT you're both lying or hopelessly wrong if you think there was more Dogs fans. There simply wasn't, when things went our way the crowd noise was triple what it was when things went the Dogs way.

:lol:

You probably weren't even at the game , you liar.

You guys had the burrow and a half of the camera side, we had the rest of the stadium.

Now with that out of the way, 35k is awesome for a home and away game (I'm glad we played so well infront of a large crowd, it might encourage more of the casual fans to come to our next game).

IMO Souths v Dogs should be on Easter Friday every year and simply rotate whose "home game" it is.

That is how the AFL builds crowds, they make it an annual tradition for certain teams to play on certain rounds/public holidays.

"Easter Friday footy" should become synonymous with "Souths v Bulldogs"

Agreed.

Should be a yearly fixture.

Cee 7

Juniors
There was 22k + of us.

How is it possible to have 20k members yet still fall so short in attendance?!

They're supposed to be one of the big sydney clubs, they need to pull their weight.

There is only like 10k ticketed members, the other 10k are non-ticketed, rural, overseas, 'bunny buddy' members etc.

DC_fan

Coach
I attended tonight's game at ANZ. I was impressed with the crowd from a number of aspects. The size. You have to be more then happy with a crowd of 35,000. The behavior of the crowd, both at the stadium and on the way home on trains. The fact that the Bulldogs fans showed up to what was an away game.

For those who don't want to believe it, their were more Souths fans then Bulldogs.

I attended tonight's game at ANZ. I was impressed with the crowd from a number of aspects. The size. You have to be more then happy with a crowd of 35,000. The behavior of the crowd, both at the stadium and on the way home on trains. The fact that the Bulldogs fans showed up to what was an away game.

For those who don't want to believe it, their were more Souths fans then Bulldogs.

wut ?

What side were you sitting on ?

I was sitting on the opposite side of the home members section in the left corner and we looked to have more supporters.

seanoff

Juniors
I'm just relaying the words the of the great Steve Mascord.

I'm not talking about the stand facing the cameras.

et tu Brutus,

wasn't having a go at you, but Mascord has a different version of 75% than me. no point shooting the messenger, altho you should have caught the train to central after the game and gone to the SFS :)

BunniesMan

Immortal
FFS this Easter Friday crowd owned last years, it shows we do pull our weight.

And I'd like to see how other teams would do if they had the decade we've had.

Wait until we're consistently showing the potential to be a top 4 team and our crowd averages will hit 20k.

DC_fan

Coach
wut ?

What side were you sitting on ?

I was sitting on the opposite side of the home members section in the left corner and we looked to have more supporters.

I was on the western side. I like to pay attention to the crowd, from the size and the mix of teams supporters. From what I could see Souths fans outnumbered Bulldogs.

mattyg

Bench
52k today attending NRL in Sydney. Shows you what can be done when we have some good weather! :crazy:

mattyg

Bench
And that includes an out of town team.

Would have been even better if it was Wests v Dragons.

Yeah I think they should stick with these fixtures or even play Dragons/Tigers as the night game at the SFS every year. I was a bit weary over the 4pm kickoff before this week but it ties in perfectly with the easter show. Either spend all day at the show and then head to the game or watch the game then get discounted entry to the show for the cars/fireworks. Stick with it I say. The atmosphere around the whole area today was buzzing which is great...people coming in and leaving from the easter show with handfuls of showbags, every 2nd person wearing either a Souths or Dogs jersey and all the bars full of people. I don't see any reason why this can't be pushing 40k every year and maybe 50k if both teams are unbeaten to start the year.

Brutus

Referee
et tu Brutus,

wasn't having a go at you, but Mascord has a different version of 75% than me. no point shooting the messenger, altho you should have caught the train to central after the game and gone to the SFS :)

We had a special parking spot so we drove. The idea of dropping into the SFS on the way home was discussed;-)

BunniesMan

Immortal
Agreed. Souths v Bulldogs on Easter Friday is a slam dunk idea. The two teams playing out of homebush going up against each other the same day there are massive crowds at the show could easily become the regular #1 drawing fixture of the year in NSW.

Fingers crossed the commission has the common sense to make it a tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.