What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIOGENES

Juniors
El Busto - I guess you saw that the western Sydney Giants got a little over 11 K at Hobart - how good is that compared to the NRL trial!

DIOGENES

Juniors
A bit over 140K so far this round - 12 K tomorrow will make it the 25th best round on record. 16K will make the aggregate up to last year.

docbrown

Coach
A bit over 140K so far this round - 12 K tomorrow will make it the 25th best round on record. 16K will make the aggregate up to last year.

Well to be on par with Round 6 in 2005 (and be on track with the record average) this weekend needed to draw 165,700 so it's getting close.

undertaker

Coach
I predicted 20-25k for the Knights game, but was surprised it was a lot closer to 25k. Well done to those who turned out today! We better enjoy that as much as they can, since that is our only Sunday game from our first 7 home games (can you believe that? Talk about terrible scheduling). Our next 4 home games are MNF vs Penrith, followed by three Saturday night games vs North Queensland, Gold Coast and Canberra - 4 teams we traditionally don't draw high against in 2 timeslots we don't get high crowds

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
El Busto - I guess you saw that the western Sydney Giants got a little over 11 K at Hobart - how good is that compared to the NRL trial!

I'd love to see a media outlet pick up this story....but, given all the pro-AFL likes in the media, it would never see the light of day.

The Kangaroos/GWS first grade game got 11127, Storm/Broncos trial match got 11752....who said league doesn't have a future in Tasmania or Tasmania solely belongs to the AFL? It's great that we're taking games to Perth, Adelaide, Darwin etc., but Tasmania is also an area the NRL needs to promote league in.

Last edited:

DC_fan

Coach
This round we have had four games with a crowd of 20,000 plus. The most since round one last year when we had five.

user_nat

Coach
I'd love to see a media outlet pick up this story....but, given all the pro-AFL likes in the media, it would never see the light of day.

The Kangaroos/GWS first grade game got 11127, Storm/Broncos trial match got 11752....who said league doesn't have a future in Tasmania or Tasmania solely belongs to the AFL? It's great that we're taking games to Perth, Adelaide, Darwin etc., but Tasmania is also an area the NRL needs to promote league in.

Neither code has a chance of putting a full time team in Tas IMO.
Simply not enough people.

nko11

Juniors
This round we have had four games with a crowd of 20,000 plus. The most since round one last year when we had five.

Round 8 will be massive. Most likely five 20K+ (Maybe looking at 6 or unlikely 7). Only game that I feel DEFINITELY won't get 20k is the Raiders Vs Sharks clash. Although if Raiders get a win next week... Their could be a slight chance. Full round of 20K+ games wouldn't do the average any damage.

azza29

Juniors

Would be happy to see Storm play one trial and one regular season match in Tasmania each year. Good excuse for a weekend away.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round 6 :: Apr 6-9 (Easter)
Friday 6 April (Good Friday)
Rabbitohs 20 def Bulldogs 10 @ ANZ (Crowd: 35,221), 4:00pm Ch 9/GEM - thread
Tigers 14 lost to Broncos 18 @ Allianz (Crowd: 17,556), 7:30pm Ch 9/GEM - thread
Saturday 7 April (Easter Saturday)
Titans 12 lost to Roosters 18 @ Skilled (Crowd: 11,748), 5:30pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Sharks 12 def Dragons 0 @ Toyota (Crowd: 21,380), 7:30pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Sunday 8 April
Raiders 32 def Warriors 12 @ Canberra (Crowd: 10,800), 2:00pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Knights 14 def Eels 6 @ Hunter (Crowd: 24,518), 3:00pm Ch 9/GEM - thread
Cowboys 18 lost to Storm 42 @ Dairy Farmers (Crowd: 20,206), 7:00pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Monday 9 April
Sea Eagles v Panthers @ Brookvale Oval, 7:00pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Crowd total Round 6: 141,429 (after 7 games)
Crowd average Round 6: 20,204

Crowd total 2012: 822,476
Crowd average 2012: 17,499

Fun fact - the average prior to tonight's match was 20,204... tonight's actual crowd was 20,206.

Kooky.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Round 8 will be massive. Most likely five 20K+ (Maybe looking at 6 or unlikely 7). Only game that I feel DEFINITELY won't get 20k is the Raiders Vs Sharks clash. Although if Raiders get a win next week... Their could be a slight chance. Full round of 20K+ games wouldn't do the average any damage.

Souths v Nth QLD, Parra v Tigers and Raiders v Sharks won't get 20k.

Parra v Tigers could get about 18k however.

BDR

First Grade
Increasing the league's average 2 people at a time

Hope we draw a decent crowd in Darwin next saturday

nko11

Juniors
Yep, no chance in the world.
Last 3:
2011 - 11,208
2010 - 9,688
2008 - 9,818

I know unlikely, but I still hold a hope that their 20k membership base can at least push it up towards the 20K mark. They have the success so far this season, no excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts