What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Much more cover at Parramatta Stadium than Leichardt. No point trying to read anything into this crowd.

lol i was comparing Souths crowd of 11k against the Raiders last night to the last time the Eels played the Raiders in Sydney and got 15k,ANZ has more cover then Parramatta Stadium too

Cheyse Blair > Sam Burgess

Teddyboy

First Grade
Terrible. The weather is not an excuse

I hope these business skill's that Dave Smith is doing in the background are going to result into getting fans back in the game.
Don't understand how fan's of like Penrith and West Tiger's can just drop there team like that ?

Diesel

Referee
At least Tigers have the balls to announce crowds that are accurate unlike the GWS fumbleballers that have to fudge their figures to justify their existence and draining NSW taxpayers money on stadia they do not use

Last edited:

beave

Coach
I really think we need to look at having origin over 3 consecutive weeks (wednesdays) but playing one round of footy over 3 weeks. That would equate to one week of 2 games and 2 weeks with 3 games. Every team gets 2 weeks off over a 3 week period (that would in effect be the only bye period for every team)

It has to be better than what we have currently.

Brutus

Referee
I really think we need to look at having origin over 3 consecutive weeks (wednesdays) but playing one round of footy over 3 weeks. That would equate to one week of 2 games and 2 weeks with 3 games. Every team gets 2 weeks off over a 3 week period (that would in effect be the only bye period for every team)

It has to be better than what we have currently.

Not a bad idea mate.

Best I've heard so far.

I'd probably go two rounds over the 3 weeks though. Play 1 round of 8 games over the first two weeks (4 on each weekend). Then the second round on the third week, but make this the round when 8 teams have byes so just four games played.

Last edited:

Diesel

Referee
Wasn't Origin played every fortnight instead of every 3rd week? If its having this affect on the crowds then it should be compacted over a shorter time.

I've lost a little bit of interest since Origin and with byes stretched out over 8 rounds the table is hard to judge where team are really at, ie look at the Dogs, they are currently 7th with a bye in hand after their bad start to the season or, another reason is not knowing what clubs will rest players, sometimes it's not known until one hour before KO

hutch

First Grade
I went to leichhardt, stood under my umbrella on the hill and I can't blame anyone for not going. It was horrible to be honest, freezing and pouring the entire game. As a poster said earlier, games at leichhardt should be earlier in season and later in the season on Sundays.
However, if we had stand alone weekends and didn't draw origin out for 8 weeks the season would flow a hell of a lot better and crowds wouldn't suffer as they do every year!

DC_fan

Coach
I went to leichhardt, stood under my umbrella on the hill and I can't blame anyone for not going. It was horrible to be honest, freezing and pouring the entire game. As a poster said earlier, games at leichhardt should be earlier in season and later in the season on Sundays.
However, if we had stand alone weekends and didn't draw origin out for 8 weeks the season would flow a hell of a lot better and crowds wouldn't suffer as they do every year!

You are a great supporter. I applaud you and every other fan who attended.

People talk about lack of promotion but living in the Balmain area they promoted the Hell out of this game. Cheap tickets advertised everywhere. They had a junior rugby league March organised with players from the 10 junior clubs but this had to be cancelled. Hard to get families to go in this weather regardless of price.

I stood in the rain for the cowboys game which is all ok because I went with a group of mates for a night out. Wanted to take 3 and 1/2 year old son tonight because it was a 530 game but no way could I take him out in this weather. This would be the same for me whether it was a suburban ground or SFS because you still have to get there

Diesel

Referee
The wet weather is a factor we have to take into account for these lower than average crowds and its also mid-Origin, but the issue is why can a Sydney AFL team also playing an out of town club outdraw the combined total of 3 NRL crowds in the same city?

Perth Red

Post Whore
And people are worried about if a Perth team can draw a crowd :roll:

Newman, nothing different to what I expected, sht grounds are fine on a sunny Sunday afternoon but get some crappy weather and you get what we saw tonight. The game still has a lot of learning and developing ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts