What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
All 3 crowds havent been the best. Though after a week of rain they are understandable. I was at Penrith it was soaked. How many people here did anything outside in the last few days?

RWB

Bench
There's a good chance the 11k might be the biggest crowd in Australia this round.

Weather isn't going to let up anytime soon.

Perth Red

Post Whore
All 3 crowds havent been the best. Though after a week of rain they are understandable. I was at Penrith it was soaked. How many people here did anything outside in the last few days?

Like I said, I went to a game last week in the rain that drew 31k, weather is only an excuse if you want it to be.

RWB

Bench
Like I said, I went to a game last week in the rain that drew 31k, weather is only an excuse if you want it to be.

The whole less than 0.1mm of rain that fell in Pert during that day?

Be honest did you even get one drop on you?

franklin2323

Immortal

I don't use it as a reason not to go. However did the tickets cost $25 ($30 under cover)? The last week or so 150mm of rain has fallen. Penrith alone has 8/10 games left in Sydney. So unlike 2 town teams in AFL we have plenty of chances to make up games missed. Like I said I can see why people miss these types of games still not right though.

RWB

Bench
That crowd is about as much as the next two games combined.

But it was a top 8 clash on a stand alone Friday night?

:lol: I don't think I've ever reads someone's posts who's more inconsistent in their arguments than you.

The reason NRL games draw poor crowds in sydney on wet days is simply cause of the amount of NRL games in the city week to week. Raining this week? You'll get to see a game next week.

AFL doesnt have as many teams in sydney, thus of course they'll get the fans turning up regardless of weather.

user_nat

Coach
Garbage crowds tonight.

Kinda crappy drawing matches in any circumstances though. So they were always going to come up very bad in the weather.

Last edited:

Rabbitude

Juniors
One thing I want to know, and I'm not having a shot at your club, but what happened to all the fans that were at the Storm game.

I was there and we were lucky to have more then a couple thousand.

Very valid point.

I live in Sydney and go to all of Souths home matches regardless of the weather.

Sydney based Souths fans need to get off their arse and start going to the matches.

I sit next to a guy who travels all the way down from Newcastle for every home match.

Some people just find it way too convenient to stay at home and watch it on tv.

Playing the best team in the comp in fine weather during the day.

These recent games have been mediocre opposition at night in the right.

Our match against the Storm was on a Saturday night at 7:30pm.

Brutus

Referee
The reason NRL games draw poor crowds in sydney on wet days is simply cause of the amount of NRL games in the city week to week. Raining this week? You'll get to see a game next week.

AFL doesnt have as many teams in sydney, thus of course they'll get the fans turning up regardless of weather.

Good point.

DC_fan

Coach

As I have said many times before their are too many Sydney based teams.

You can't force fans to attend games. Clubs and the NRL have to encourage fans to attend. One thing the NRL should do next year is push for fans to take up season ticket offers from their club.. I don't want to hear any advertising for club membership. It all has to be about selling season tickets.

Flapper

First Grade

As I said to the last person who said that the weather isnt an excuse, would the crowd have been the same without the week of rain? If the answer is anything but "Yes" its a legitimate excuse.

beave

Coach
Is Sunday night possibly the worst ever time slot for NQ

Probably the 2nd worst behind Monday nights.

Tomorrow is a public holiday in Townsville for the show but that is only for here, the rest of the area its a normal working day. Next weekend is also the v8's so like i was saying a few pages back, alot of people would be conserving their $$$$$,this could be a shit crowd tonight.

If we get a sunday night game, it should be easter sunday vs the storm, last year we got 20-21k to it....... That game should be a lock in every year for up here.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The whole less than 0.1mm of rain that fell in Pert during that day?

Be honest did you even get one drop on you?

It belted it down for the whole first half and forecast was for storms with lightning. We don't get much rain but when we get we really get it!

Diesel

Referee
Probably the 2nd worst behind Monday nights.

Tomorrow is a public holiday in Townsville for the show but that is only for here, the rest of the area its a normal working day. Next weekend is also the v8's so like i was saying a few pages back, alot of people would be conserving their $$$$$,this could be a shit crowd tonight.

If we get a sunday night game, it should be easter sunday vs the storm, last year we got 20-21k to it....... That game should be a lock in every year for up here.

So perhaps there is logic for them to play it tonight. I have no problem with Sunday night or Monday arvos if its a holiday on the Monday. Hopefully a good crowd

BunniesMan

Immortal
As I have said many times before their are too many Sydney based teams.

You can't force fans to attend games. Clubs and the NRL have to encourage fans to attend. One thing the NRL should do next year is push for fans to take up season ticket offers from their club.. I don't want to hear any advertising for club membership. It all has to be about selling season tickets.
That's very narrowminded. You're basically excluding a big section of the market for no good reason. How many people who are in a position to use a season ticket choose not to and just get a nonticketed membership? I would think very few.

Ideally the NRL and clubs would like any good business conduct a whole of market approach to advertising. From kids to non ticketed to half season tickets to full season tickets to tickets including the whole home season and some away games.

A significant portion of the market is not able to use season tickets, so to limit marketing is extremely stupid and all it does is shut off a source of income.

beave

Coach
So perhaps there is logic for them to play it tonight. I have no problem with Sunday night or Monday arvos if its a holiday on the Monday. Hopefully a good crowd

Its only a public holiday for Townsville, the rest of NQ have to work tomorrow........ Or drink rum, or whatever the rest of the peeps do up here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts